Home > Weekly Announcements > Announcements_02-17-13
February 17, 2013
February Memory Verse:
- "Trust in the Lord with all your
heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6
Read the Bible in a Year:
- 3 Chapters a day and 5 Chapters on
- Starting March 3rd at 9:30am. Pastor
Stan will teach this class for all ages.
Senior Adult Walk:
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at
S.O.S. Suicide Support Group:
Virtuous Women's Ministry:
- "He Speaks to Me: Preparing to
Hear from God" Join us in this compelling study by author and speaker
Pricilla Shirer. February 19th - May 21st. Tuesdays from 5:30 - 7:00pm. Meeting
in the Quads.
- 7pm: AWANA, Youth Group, Choir,
Women's Study - The Purple Book, Adult Study - The Truth Project, Nursery; Join
- Ladies Prayer Time: Monday Mornings
- Sisters of Ruth: Wednesday at 11:00am
- Hannah Circle: Thursday at 7:00pm
- Sarah Circle: Thursday at 7:00pm
- Women's Bible Study: Friday Mornings
Men's Bible Study:
Youth Lunch Bunch:
RWF Executive Committee:
Roger Williams Fellowship:
- Monday Night Meal and
Devotion: Mondays at 5:30pm.
- RWF appreciates your
financial support and is in need of your financial support. Thank you!
- RWF is looking for cooks
for their Monday night meals. Please see bulletin board for sign-up sheet.
- It's time to register for
the next preschool year! Sessions are; 4&5 yr. olds MWF 9:00-11:30am and
12:30-3:00pm, 3&4 yr. olds TTH 9:00-11:00am and 12:00-2:00pm. You may
register at any time but get your form in soon for the session of your choice
as they fill up fast. Please include $40 registration fee with the form. Call
Mrs. Petersen at 234-2311 with questions.
2013 Spring Youth Retreat:
- March 22nd - 24th at
Moses Merrill. "Mud and Miracles" - Trust and You Will See.
First Baptist Cares:
- Please join us to
encourage others in our church family and enjoy some fun fellowship. We meet in
the Library, Wednesday nights at 7:00pm.
- First Baptist Cares is
seeking Military addresses of your loved ones. They can be state side or
overseas. We also want e-mail addresses if you have them. We would like to
encourage those who bravely serve our country. Thanks!!!
- Friday Promise Keepers, 11:30am, Saints Alive Room. Bring a sack
lunch. Call Bill @ 440-1030 or Bob @ 893-9217.
- Tuesday Promise Keepers meets the first and third Tuesdays at Rob
Gwin's Home. Contact Rob for more info.
Thailand Trip 2014:
- We are planning a double water project trip for February 2014. Anyone
interested in going should contact Angie Gillming ASAP at 234-2311 so that we
can get a firm number.
- Ladies, you are invited to a Baby Shower for Jessica LaVassaur on March
9th at 3:00pm in the Quads.
- First Baptist Counselor, Angie McDermott, holds a Master's degree
in Counseling and is a Licensed Independent Mental Health Practitioner. She has been with the Church since January of
1997. You can set up an appointment with Angie by calling (308) 293-2220
- If you need to add a loved one to the
prayer chain please call Kathy Adams at 440-2150 or e-mail to
Winter Jam Tour Spectacular:
- March 1st in Omaha, NE. $10 plus
meals. Leave at 11am and get back late.
Sanctus Real with JJ Heller:
- & Special Guest Unspoken and
Bread of Stone. North Platte Community Playhouse. March 17th at 6pm. Tickets
are $20 in advance.
- Live in Kearney at New Life Assembly.
April 5th at 7pm. $10 at the door.
- Heartland Event Center. Tickets
available at www.ticketmaster.com
Miss America 2011 Teresa Scanlan
- Wonderfully Made. Moms and Daughters
invited. March 9th from 9:30-11:30am at New Life Assembly of God. Tickets are
$5 and available at the Solid Rock.
Middle School Girls Bible Study:
- The Red Stuff (about Jesus'
Ministry). Starting March 4th at 5pm on Monday nights at Amigos North. Contact
Tammy Green at 308-440-6291 or Jana Sickler @ 308-440-8078.
Sunday School Hour:
- Young Adults Sunday School Class: We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- The College Sunday School Class meets
in the Library
- Friends Class: Meets in the Friends
room and studies a variety of topics.
- Saints Alive Class: Meets in the
- Servants and Friends: We meet in the
Gym and study a variety of topics.
- Truth Seekers: We meet in the North
East Quad Room.
- Faith Builders Fellowship Group: We
meet in the SE Quad room.
- Pathfinders 2: Ministry for middle
agers (stage of life). Biblical principles applied weekly to today's family
issues and current worldly events. All are welcome.
- Charles Swindoll presents "Family Matters: Investing in the
Things that Last" a DVD series for Married, Single Parent, Grandparent
Families. In Hope Class starting March 10th. You are invited to learn with us.
- Unshackled: We meet in the SW Quad.
- Agape Sunday School Class: "Slaying the Giants in Your
Life" Led by Leroy Giffin.
- Partners With Christ Class: "Impact of Women: How Women of
the Bible Have Influenced Our Faith"
- Young Adults Class: Join us for an hour of fellowship and study.
We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- Bible Expo Class: We meet in the Lower Level.