Home > Home > Weekly Announcements > Announcements_01-27-13
January 27, 2013
January Memory Verse:
- "Trust in the Lord with all your
heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6
Read the Bible in a Year:
- 3 Chapters a day and 5 Chapters on
All Men's Gathering:
- Today at 5pm. High School
Teens and all ages of adults. This will be a significant gathering and we want
you to come.
Senior Adult Walk:
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at
Virtuous Women's Ministry:
- "He Speaks to Me: Preparing to
Hear from God" Join us in this compelling study by author and speaker
Pricilla Shirer. February 19th - May 21st. Tuesdays from 5:30 - 7:00pm. Meeting
in the Quads.
- 7pm: AWANA, Youth Group, Choir,
Women's Study - The Purple Book, Adult Study - The Truth Project, Nursery; Join
14th Annual Chili/Chicken Soup Cook Off:
- February 6th Church Night Meal. Sign
up on the Bulletin Board.
- Ladies Prayer Time: Monday Mornings
- Women's Bible Study: Friday Mornings
Men's Bible Study:
Youth Lunch Bunch:
Christian Business Men's Lunch:
- Friday at 12pm at the
New Member Get Together:
Youth Praise Band:
Roger Williams Fellowship:
- Monday Night Meal and
Devotion: Mondays at 5:30pm.
- RWF appreciates your
financial support and is in need of your financial support. Thank you!
- RWF is looking for cooks
for their Monday night meals. Please see bulletin board for sign-up sheet.
Rebekah Anna Circle needs:
- Rebekah Anna Circle needs
your old Christmas Cards. Please bring them to the church. Thanks!!!
- It's time to register for
the next preschool year! Sessions are; 4&5 yr. olds MWF 9:00-11:30am and
12:30-3:00pm, 3&4 yr. olds TTH 9:00-11:00am and 12:00-2:00pm. You may
register at any time but get your form in soon for the session of your choice
as they fill up fast. Please include $40 registration fee with the form. Call
Mrs. Petersen at 234-2311 with questions.
- Ladies, You are invited
to a Bridal Shower for Beth Holloway, Saturday, Feb. 16th at 2pm in the Quad
- Ladies, Join us in
welcoming Abigail Rose Gillming, Sunday, January 27th at 2pm in the Quads.
First Baptist Cares:
- Please join us to
encourage others in our church family and enjoy some fun fellowship. We meet in
the Library, Wednesday nights at 7:00pm.
- First Baptist Cares is
seeking Military addresses of your loved ones. They can be state side or
overseas. We also want e-mail addresses if you have them. We would like to
encourage those who bravely serve our country. Thanks!!!
- Friday Promise Keepers, 11:30am, Saints Alive Room. Bring a sack
lunch. Call Bill @ 440-1030 or Bob @ 893-9217.
Tuesday Promise Keepers meets the first and third Tuesdays at Rob
Gwin's Home. Contact Rob for more info.
- First Baptist Counselor, Angie McDermott, holds a Master's degree
in Counseling and is a Licensed Independent Mental Health Practitioner. She has been with the Church since January of
1997. You can set up an appointment with Angie by calling (308) 293-2220
- If you need to add a loved one to the
prayer chain please call Kathy Adams at 440-2150 or e-mail to
Sunday School Hour:
- Young Adults Sunday School Class: We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- The College Sunday School Class meets
in the Library
- Friends Class: Meets in the Friends
room and studies a variety of topics.
- Saints Alive Class: Meets in the
- Servants and Friends: We meet in the
Gym and study a variety of topics.
- Truth Seekers: We meet in the North
East Quad Room.
- Faith Builders Fellowship Group: We
meet in the SE Quad room.
- Pathfinders 2: Ministry for middle
agers (stage of life). Biblical principles applied weekly to today's family
issues and current worldly events. All are welcome.
- Starting in January in the Hope Class: Dr. Charles Stanley
presents "In the School of Faith" a DVD series. Join us!
- Unshackled: We meet in the SW Quad.
- Agape Sunday School Class: "Slaying the Giants in Your
Life" Led by Leroy Giffin.
- Partners With Christ Class: "Impact of Women: How Women of
the Bible Have Influenced Our Faith"
- Young Adults Class: Join us for an hour of fellowship and study.
We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- Bible Expo Class: We meet in the Lower Level.