Home > Home > Weekly Announcements > Announcements_12-30-12
December 30, 2012
December Memory Verse:
- "Jesus answered 'I am the way
and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through
me.'" John 14:6
Read the Bible in a Year:
- 3 Chapters a day and 5 Chapters on
Chairpersons and Coordinators:
- In order to prepare the Annual Report
for the Congregation meeting in January, reports need to be to Angie by
Wednesday, January 2nd. Please e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senior Adult Walk:
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at
- No Church Night Activities this week.
- Ladies Prayer Time: Monday Mornings
- Women's Bible Study: Friday Mornings
Christian Business Men's Lunch:
- Friday at Noon at The
Youth Praise Band:
- Youth Praise Band
Practice next Sunday at 2pm.
- Coaches and Referees
needed. Call Mike Roggie at 234-2311 for details.
- If you would like to help
contact Bill Wood, Terri Lind, or call the church office.
Nursery Volunteers Needed:
- If you would like to
help, contact Victoria Narcisse for information.
Roger Williams Fellowship:
- RWF appreciates your
financial support and is in need of your financial support. Thank you!
- RWF is looking for cooks
for their Monday night meals. Please see bulletin board for sign up sheet.
Christmas Care Tree:
- Thank you to all who
participated in this year's Christmas Care Tree project. Gifts were provided to
over 60 family units made up of individuals ranging in age from those soon to
be born to those nearing 100.
Church Night Meal:
- January 9th at 6pm.
Provided by Partners with Christ Class and is a fundraiser for Derek Moore.
Derek, a young man new to our church, has cancer and is faced with treatments
and bills. Please come ready to enjoy the meal and help him out!!!
Year End Gifts:
- Year End Gifts must be to
the church by 10:00am Monday morning. Anything received after that time will be
given in 2013. Thanks!
All Boards and Committees:
- Will meet January 10th at
6:30pm. This is a very important reorganization meeting.
CD's & DVD's:
- If you have ordered CD's
or DVD's of services, please pick them up in the office. Thanks!!!
First Baptist Cares:
- Please join us to
encourage others in our church family and enjoy some fun fellowship. We meet in
the Library, Wednesday nights at 7:00pm.
- First Baptist Cares is
seeking Military addresses of your loved ones. They can be state side or
overseas. We also want e-mail addresses if you have them. We would like to
encourage those who bravely serve our country. Thanks!!!
- Friday Promise Keepers, 11:30am, Saints Alive Room. Bring a sack
lunch. Call Bill @ 440-1030 or Bob @ 893-9217.
- Tuesday Promise Keepers meets the first and third Tuesdays at Rob
Gwin's Home. Contact Rob for more info.
- First Baptist Counselor, Angie McDermott, holds a Master's degree
in Counseling and is a Licensed Independent Mental Health Practitioner. She has been with the Church since January of
1997. You can set up an appointment with Angie by calling (308) 293-2220
- If you need to add a loved one to the
prayer chain please call Kathy Adams at 440-2150 or e-mail to
Sunday School Hour:
- Young Adults Sunday School Class: We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- The College Sunday School Class meets
in the Library
- Friends Class: Meets in the Friends
room and studies a variety of topics.
- Saints Alive Class: Meets in the
- Servants and Friends: We meet in the
Gym and study a variety of topics.
- Truth Seekers: We meet in the North
East Quad Room.
- Faith Builders Fellowship Group: We
are studying the book "The Final Summit" by Andy Andrews. We meet in
the SE Quad room.
- Pathfinders 2: Ministry for middle
agers (stage of life). Biblical principles applied weekly to today's family issues
and current worldly events. All are welcome.
- Starting in January in the Hope Class: Dr. Charles Stanley
presents "In the School of Faith" a DVD series. Join us!
- Unshackled: We meet in the SW Quad.
- Agape Sunday School Class: "Parables and Other Bedtime
Stories" led by Mark Malmkar.
- Partners With Christ Class: "Impact of Women: How Women of
the Bible Have Influenced Our Faith"
- Young Adults Class: Join us for an hour of fellowship and study.
We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- Bible Expo Class: We meet in the Lower Level.