Home > Home > Weekly Announcements > Announcements_12-16-12
December 16, 2012
December Memory Verse:
- "Jesus answered 'I am the way
and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through
me.'" John 14:6
Read the Bible in a Year:
- 3 Chapters a day and 5 Chapters on
- Christmas Care Tree items are due.
The Children's Christmas Surprise!
- Next Sunday, December 23rd. Don't
Chairpersons and Coordinators:
- In order to prepare the Annual Report
for the Congregation meeting in January, reports need to be to Angie as soon as
possible. Please e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senior Adult Walk:
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at
S.O.S. Suicide Support Group:
- "The Joy Filled Life"
Tuesday, October 30th - December 18th at 5:30pm in the Quads. Contact Janelle
at 893-2215 or Angie at 293-2220 for more info.
- All Church Caroling. Come and join
the fun!!! Cocoa and cookies following at the church. Bring a dozen cookies to
- Ladies Prayer Time: Monday Mornings
- Sisters of Ruth: Wednesday at 11:30am
- Women's Bible Study: Friday Mornings
- Coaches and Referees
needed. Call Mike Roggie at 234-2311 for details.
- If you would like to help
contact Bill Wood, Terri Lind, or call the church office.
Nursery Volunteers Needed:
- If you would like to
help, contact Victoria Narcisse for information.
Send Nebraska Love to our Alaskan baby!!!
- Aven Lee Bauman
(Granddaughter of PK and Vicki) PO Box 143073 Anchorage, Alaska 99514.
Registered at Target and Babies R Us. Ship gifts via internet or send gift
cards. Contact Maurita 440-0338 or Marci 236-3324 with questions.
- If you would like to
provide a poinsettia to beautify the sanctuary this Christmas, please purchase
one at your favorite florist and bring it to the church. Let Angie know for the
bulletin your information regarding who it is in memory or celebration of.
Christmas Eve Candlelight Services:
- December 24th at 6pm and
- December 25th at 1pm.
Meat, Potatoes and Drinks provided. Bring one or two sides and dessert and
board games. Meals can be delivered in Kearney. Call Elena Schmidt at 237-2981.
- One Worship Service at
10am. No Sunday School.
Christmas Care Tree:
- The Christmas Care Tree
items are due back to the church TODAY, 12/16. If you were unable to meet this
deadline, please call Val Gwin at 390-9861 so she can finalize project details.
Thank you to all who are participating in this project!
CD's & DVD's:
- If you have ordered CD's
or DVD's of services, please pick them up in the office. Thanks!!!
First Baptist Cares:
- Please join us to
encourage others in our church family and enjoy some fun fellowship. We meet in
the Library, Wednesday nights at 7:00pm.
- First Baptist Cares is
seeking Military addresses of your loved ones. They can be state side or
overseas. We also want e-mail addresses if you have them. We would like to
encourage those who bravely serve our country. Thanks!!!
- Friday Promise Keepers, 11:30am, Saints Alive Room. Bring a sack
lunch. Call Bill @ 440-1030 or Bob @ 893-9217.
- Tuesday Promise Keepers meets the first and third Tuesdays at Rob
Gwin's Home. Contact Rob for more info.
- First Baptist Counselor, Angie McDermott, holds a Master's degree
in Counseling and is a Licensed Independent Mental Health Practitioner. She has been with the Church since January of
1997. You can set up an appointment with Angie by calling (308) 293-2220
- If you need to add a loved one to the
prayer chain please call Kathy Adams at 440-2150 or e-mail to
Sunday School Hour:
- Young Adults Sunday School Class: We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- The College Sunday School Class meets
in the Library
- Friends Class: Meets in the Friends
room and studies a variety of topics.
- Saints Alive Class: Meets in the
- Servants and Friends: We meet in the
Gym and study a variety of topics.
- Truth Seekers: We meet in the North
East Quad Room.
- Faith Builders Fellowship Group: We
are studying the book "The Final Summit" by Andy Andrews. We meet in
the SE Quad room.
- Pathfinders 2: Ministry for middle
agers (stage of life). Biblical principles applied weekly to today's family
issues and current worldly events. All are welcome.
- Starting in January in the Hope Class: Dr. Charles Stanley
presents "In the School of Faith" a DVD series. Join us!
- Unshackled: We meet in the SW Quad.
- Agape Sunday School Class: "Parables and Other Bedtime
Stories" led by Mark Malmkar.
- Partners With Christ Class: "Impact of Women: How Women of
the Bible Have Influenced Our Faith"
- Young Adults Class: Join us for an hour of fellowship and study.
We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- Bible Expo Class: We meet in the Lower Level.