Home > Weekly Announcements > Announcements_11-18-12
November 18, 2012
November Memory Verse:
- "Do not be anxious about
anything, but in everything by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present
your requests to God." Philippians 4:6
Read the Bible in a Year:
- 3 Chapters a day and 5 Chapters on
- All Church Thanksgiving Dinner.
Please bring 2 dishes and one dessert to share and your table service. The
turkey, ham and drinks will be provided. University Students please come as our
- A Membership Class began on Sunday,
November 4th at 9:30am. Please come, all ages!
Senior Adult Walk:
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at
RWF Dinner and Devotions:
S.O.S. Suicide Support Group:
- "The Joy Filled Life"
Tuesday, October 30th - December 18th at 5:30pm in the Quads. Contact Janelle
at 893-2215 or Angie at 293-2220 for more info.
- No Church Night Activities. Happy
- Ladies Prayer Time: Monday Mornings
- Sisters of Ruth: Wednesday at 11:30am
- Women's Bible Study: Friday Mornings
American Baptist Women's Ministries:
- ABWM Christmas Tea:
Sunday, December 2nd at 3:00pm. Speaker: Pam Murdoch. Theme: "All Because
of the Babe in the Manger". Women and girls of all ages invited.
- If you would like to help
contact Bill Wood, Terri Lind, or call the church office.
Nursery Volunteers Needed:
- If you would like to
help, contact Victoria Narcisse for information.
Senior Adult Potluck:
- Thursday, November 29th at
11:30am. Dick Reiter will present "Main Street Kearney".
Operation Christmas Child:
- Drop off your box at the
Church Monday morning.
- We have moved the library
to a new location, lower level by the stairs. We ask for your patience during this
process. Please look forward to an "Open House" in our new location.
Christmas Program Practice:
- It's time to prepare for
the Christmas Program! It will be December 12th at 6:30pm. Practices will be
December 1st and 8th from 2-4pm. Parents, watch for info or check with your
child's Sunday School Teacher. Questions, call Denise Van Winkle at 224-0131.
- Wednesday, December 12th
at 6:30pm. Questions contact Denise Van Winkle at 224-0131. Bring a dozen
cookies to share.
Baby's First Christmas:
- December 16th at both
services. If you have had a baby born in 2012, please come celebrate with us.
All Church Caroling:
- December 19th at 7pm.
Come and join the fun!!! Cocoa and cookies following at the church. Bring a
dozen cookies to share.
Christmas Eve Candlelight Services:
- December 24th at 6pm and
Christmas Care Tree:
- The Christmas Care Tree
is set up in the Narthex. Please bring unwrapped gifts with the tag attached
and place in the red tub under the tree by Sunday, December 16th. Call Val Gwin
at 390-9861 with questions.
First Baptist Cares:
- Please join us to
encourage others in our church family and enjoy some fun fellowship. We meet in
the Library, Wednesday nights at 7:00pm.
- First Baptist Cares is
seeking Military addresses of your loved ones. They can be state side or
overseas. We also want e-mail addresses if you have them. We would like to
encourage those who bravely serve our country. Thanks!!!
- Friday Promise Keepers meets at the church at 11:30am in the
Saints Alive Room. Bring a sack lunch. Call Bill @ 308-440-1030 or Bob @
- Tuesday Promise Keepers meets the first and third Tuesdays at Rob
Gwin's Home. Contact Rob for more info.
- First Baptist Counselor, Angie McDermott, holds a Master's degree
in Counseling and is a Licensed Independent Mental Health Practitioner. She has been with the Church since January of
1997. You can set up an appointment with Angie by calling (308) 293-2220
- If you need to add a loved one to the
prayer chain please call Kathy Adams at 440-2150 or e-mail to
Sunday School Hour:
- Young Adults Sunday School Class: We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- The College Sunday School Class meets
in the Library
- Friends Class: Meets in the Friends
room and studies a variety of topics.
- Saints Alive Class: Meets in the
- Servants and Friends: We meet in the
Gym and study a variety of topics.
- Truth Seekers: We meet in the North
East Quad Room.
- Faith Builders Fellowship Group: We
are studying the book "The Final Summit" by Andy Andrews. We meet in
the SE Quad room.
- Pathfinders 2: Ministry for middle
agers (stage of life). Biblical principles applied weekly to today's family
issues and current worldly events. All are welcome.
- Starting September 9th in Hope Class: Dr. David Jeremiah presents
"The Coming Economic Armageddon" a DVD series - What Bible Prophecy
Warns about the New Global Economy.
- Unshackled: We meet in the SW Quad.
- Agape Sunday School Class: "Parables and Other Bedtime
Stories" led by Mark Malmkar.
- Partners With Christ Class: "Impact of Women: How Women of
the Bible Have Influenced Our Faith"
- Young Adults Class: Join us for an hour of fellowship and study.
We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- Bible Expo Class: We meet in the Lower Level.