Home > Weekly Announcements > Announcements_11-11-12
November 11, 2012
November Memory Verse:
- "Do not be anxious about
anything, but in everything by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present
your requests to God." Philippians 4:6
Pastor Appreciation Month:
- Pastor and Staff Love Gifts are being
received through November 11th so they can be given at the United Service.
Read the Bible in a Year:
- 3 Chapters a day and 5 Chapters on
- A Membership Class began on Sunday,
November 4th at 9:30am. Please come, all ages!
Lunch with the 3 Stooges:
- Bring your lunch. Monday, November
12th at the Lighthouse Center. Noon - 1pm.
Senior Adult Walk:
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at
RWF Dinner and Devotions:
Financial Peace University:
- Monday at 6:30pm. Sign up in the
- Between 7 and 8:30pm
- Monday, Nov. 12th - First and Second
- Tuesday, Nov. 13th - Third and Fourth
- Thursday, Nov. 15th - Fifth, Sixth
and Seventh Grades
- "The Joy Filled Life"
Tuesday, October 30th - December 18th at 5:30pm in the Quads. Contact Janelle
at 893-2215 or Angie at 293-2220 for more info.
- 7pm: Awana, Youth Group, Choir,
Women's Study, Adult Study - The Truth Project, Nursery available. Join us!!!
Men's Bible Study:
Youth Lunch Bunch:
Real Truth Ministries:
- Thursday at 8:30pm at the North
- Ladies Prayer Time: Monday Mornings
- Rebekah Anna Circle: Tuesday at 7pm
- Hannah Circle: Thursday at 7pm
- Sarah Circle: Thursday at 7pm
- Women's Bible Study: Friday Mornings
American Baptist Women's Ministries:
- ABWM Meeting: Wednesday
- If you would like to help
contact Bill Wood, Terri Lind, or call the church office.
Nursery Volunteers Needed:
- If you would like to
help, contact Victoria Narcisse for information.
Operation Christmas Child:
- Drop off your box at the
Church this week or at the Merryman next Sunday.
- We have moved the library
to a new location, lower level by the stairs. We ask for your patience during
this process. Please look forward to an "Open House" in our new
All Church Thanksgiving Dinner:
- November 18th at 6pm at
the Church. Sign-up sheets in the Narthex for help that is needed. Please stop
Bring two dishes and one
dessert to share.
- November 18th at 10am at
The Merryman Performing Arts Center, 225 W. 22nd.
Christmas Program Practice:
- It's time to prepare for
the Christmas Program! It will be December 12th at 6:30pm. Practices will be
December 1st and 8th from 2-4pm. Parents, watch for info or check with your
child's Sunday School Teacher. Questions, call Denise Van Winkle at 224-0131.
First Baptist Cares:
- Please join us to
encourage others in our church family and enjoy some fun fellowship. We meet in
the Library, Wednesday nights at 7:00pm.
- First Baptist Cares is
seeking Military addresses of your loved ones. They can be state side or
overseas. We also want e-mail addresses if you have them. We would like to
encourage those who bravely serve our country. Thanks!!!
- Friday Promise Keepers meets at the church at 11:30am in the
Saints Alive Room. Bring a sack lunch. Call Bill @ 308-440-1030 or Bob @
- Tuesday Promise Keepers meets the first and third Tuesdays at Rob
Gwin's Home. Contact Rob for more info.
- First Baptist Counselor, Angie McDermott, holds a Master's degree
in Counseling and is a Licensed Independent Mental Health Practitioner. She has been with the Church since January of
1997. You can set up an appointment with Angie by calling (308) 293-2220
- If you need to add a loved one to the
prayer chain please call Kathy Adams at 440-2150 or e-mail to
Sunday School Hour:
- Young Adults Sunday School Class: We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- The College Sunday School Class meets
in the Library
- Friends Class: Meets in the Friends
room and studies a variety of topics.
- Saints Alive Class: Meets in the
- Servants and Friends: We meet in the
Gym and study a variety of topics.
- Truth Seekers: We meet in the North
East Quad Room.
- Faith Builders Fellowship Group: We
are studying the book "The Final Summit" by Andy Andrews. We meet in
the SE Quad room.
- Pathfinders 2: Ministry for middle
agers (stage of life). Biblical principles applied weekly to today's family
issues and current worldly events. All are welcome.
- Starting September 9th in Hope Class: Dr. David Jeremiah presents
"The Coming Economic Armageddon" a DVD series - What Bible Prophecy
Warns about the New Global Economy.
- Unshackled: We meet in the SW Quad.
- Agape Sunday School Class: "Parables and Other Bedtime Stories"
led by Mark Malmkar.
- Partners With Christ Class: "Impact of Women: How Women of
the Bible Have Influenced Our Faith"
- Young Adults Class: Join us for an hour of fellowship and study.
We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- Bible Expo Class: We meet in the Lower Level.