Home > Weekly Announcements > Announcements_10-21-12
October 21, 2012
October Memory Verse:
- "Everyone who calls on the name
of the Lord will be saved." Romans 10:13
Pastor Appreciation Month:
- Pastor and Staff Love Gifts are being
received through November 11th so they can be given at the United Service.
Read the Bible in a Year:
- 3 Chapters a day and 5 Chapters on
- Waffleman!!! This is a fundraiser for
- Evangelistic Service at 7pm. Draw
Near to God and He Will Draw Near to You.
- Next Sunday at 5:00pm. Bring finger
foods to share.
- Grades 3-12
- Next Sunday at 5pm. Come for Pizza,
Planning Thanksgiving Dinner and RWF Meal and making decorations and a banner.
Senior Adult Walk:
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at
RWF Dinner and Devotions:
Financial Peace University:
- Monday at 6:30pm. Sign up in the
- "The Joy Filled Life"
Tuesday, October 30th - December 18th at 5:30pm in the Quads. Contact Janelle
Meyers at 893-2215 or Angie at 293-2220 for more info.
Men's Bible Study:
Youth Lunch Bunch:
Real Truth Ministries:
- Thursday at 8:30pm at the North
- Ladies Prayer Time: Monday Mornings
- Ruth Circle: Wednesday at 9:30am
- Dorcas/Tabitha Circle: Wednesday at
- Women's Bible Study: Friday Mornings
- Sunday - Wednesday,
October 21 - 24 at 7pm. Draw Near to God and He Will Draw Near to You.
- Please submit budget
recommendations for 2013 to Finance Committee as soon after November meeting
night as possible. Recommendations may be placed in Finance Committee box in
the church office.
Trunk or Treat:
- October 31st at 8:30pm
after AWANAs: Adults, back up to the curb, open your trunk, decorate, hand out
treats, love and encourage the children!
- Zac Olivarez will be
running a marathon in D.C. to benefit the loved ones of those who have died
serving our country. For more information go to www.americanfallensoldiers.com
and to donate go to www.active.com/donate/fallensoldiers/olivarezz2011
- If you would like to help
contact Bill Wood, Terri Lind, or call the church office.
Senior Adult Potluck:
- Thursday, October 25th at
11:30am. Bring a dish to share and listen to a rep from the Family Advocacy
- Will travel to Lexington
on Nov. 8th leaving at 11am for lunch and a tour of the Heartland Military
First Baptist Cares:
- Please join us to
encourage others in our church family and enjoy some fun fellowship. We meet in
the Library, Wednesday nights at 7:00pm.
- First Baptist Cares is
seeking Military addresses of your loved ones. They can be state side or
overseas. We also want e-mail addresses if you have them. We would like to
encourage those who bravely serve our country. Thanks!!!
- Friday Promise Keepers meets at the church at 11:30am in the
Saints Alive Room. Bring a sack lunch. Call Bill @ 308-440-1030 or Bob @
- Tuesday Promise Keepers meets the first and third Tuesdays at Rob
Gwin's Home. Contact Rob for more info.
- First Baptist Counselor, Angie McDermott, holds a Master's degree
in Counseling and is a Licensed Independent Mental Health Practitioner. She has been with the Church since January of
1997. You can set up an appointment with Angie by calling (308) 293-2220
- If you need to add a loved one to the
prayer chain please call Kathy Adams at 440-2150 or e-mail to
Sunday School Hour:
- Young Adults Sunday School Class: We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- The College Sunday School Class meets
in the Library
- Friends Class: Meets in the Friends
room and studies a variety of topics.
- Saints Alive Class: Meets in the
- Servants and Friends: We meet in the
Gym and study a variety of topics.
- Truth Seekers: We meet in the North
East Quad Room.
- Faith Builders Fellowship Group: We
are studying the book "The Final Summit" by Andy Andrews. We meet in
the SE Quad room.
- Pathfinders 2: Ministry for middle
agers (stage of life). Biblical principles applied weekly to today's family
issues and current worldly events. All are welcome.
- Starting September 9th in Hope Class: Dr. David Jeremiah presents
"The Coming Economic Armageddon" a DVD series - What Bible Prophecy
Warns about the New Global Economy.
- Unshackled: We meet in the SW Quad.
- Agape Sunday School Class: "Parables and Other Bedtime
Stories" led by Mark Malmkar.
- Partners With Christ Class: "Impact of Women: How Women of
the Bible Have Influenced Our Faith"
- Young Adults Class: Join us for an hour of fellowship and study.
We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- Bible Expo Class: We meet in the Lower Level.