Home > Weekly Announcements > Announcements_10-14-12
October 14, 2012
October Memory Verse:
- "Everyone who calls on the name
of the Lord will be saved." Romans 10:13
Read the Bible in a Year:
- 3 Chapters a day and 5 Chapters on
- Congregational Meeting at 5:00pm.
Bring finger foods to share.
- Youth Leaders Meeting at 12:30pm
Senior Adult Walk:
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at
RWF Dinner and Devotions:
Financial Peace University:
- Monday at 6:30pm. Sign up in the
S.O.S. Suicide Support Group:
- "The Joy Filled Life"
Tuesday, October 30th - December 18th at 5:30pm in the Quads. Contact Janelle
Meyers at 893-2215 or Angie at 293-2220 for more info.
- 7pm, AWANA, Youth Group, Choir, Women's
Study, Adult Study-The Truth Project. Join us!
- Anyone interested in joining the
choir, practice is at 7pm.
Men's Bible Study:
Youth Lunch Bunch:
Real Truth Ministries:
- Thursday at 8:30pm at the North
- Ladies Prayer Time: Monday Mornings
- Sisters of Ruth: Wednesday at 11:30am
- Hannah Circle: Thursday at 7:00pm
- Sarah Circle: Thursday at 7:00pm
- Women's Bible Study: Friday Mornings
Ties That Bind:
- Saturday, October 20th at
- Sunday - Wednesday,
October 21 - 24 at 7pm. Draw Near to God and He Will Draw Near to You.
DVD's of Egypt/Israel:
- DVD's of the Egypt Israel
Presentation are available for $10 each. Contact the church office.
- Please submit budget
recommendations for 2013 to Finance Committee as soon after November meeting
night as possible. Recommendations may be placed in Finance Committee box in
the church office.
- The Waffleman!!! October
21st. Tickets are available to purchase now through the day of the event in the
stairwell of the hallway. This is a fundraiser for the preschool.
Trunk or Treat:
- October 31st at 8:30pm
after AWANAs: Adults, back up to the curb, open your trunk, decorate, hand out
treats, love and encourage the children!
- Zac Olivarez will be
running a marathon in D.C. to benefit the loved ones of those who have died
serving our country. For more information go to www.americanfallensoldiers.com
and to donate go to www.active.com/donate/fallensoldiers/olivarezz2011
- If you would like to help
contact Bill Wood, Terri Lind, or call the church office.
Senior Adult Potluck:
- Thursday, October 25th at
11:30am. Bring a dish to share and listen to a rep from the Family Advocacy
First Baptist Cares:
- Please join us to
encourage others in our church family and enjoy some fun fellowship. We meet in
the Library, Wednesday nights at 7:00pm.
- First Baptist Cares is
seeking Military addresses of your loved ones. They can be state side or
overseas. We also want e-mail addresses if you have them. We would like to
encourage those who bravely serve our country. Thanks!!!
- Friday Promise Keepers meets at the church at 11:30am in the
Saints Alive Room. Bring a sack lunch. Call Bill @ 308-440-1030 or Bob @
- Tuesday Promise Keepers meets the first and third Tuesdays at Rob
Gwin's Home. Contact Rob for more info.
- First Baptist Counselor, Angie McDermott, holds a Master's degree
in Counseling and is a Licensed Independent Mental Health Practitioner. She has been with the Church since January of
1997. You can set up an appointment with Angie by calling (308) 293-2220
- If you need to add a loved one to the
prayer chain please call Kathy Adams at 440-2150 or e-mail to
Sunday School Hour:
- Young Adults Sunday School Class: We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- The College Sunday School Class meets
in the Library
- Friends Class: Meets in the Friends
room and studies a variety of topics.
- Saints Alive Class: Meets in the
- Servants and Friends: We meet in the
Gym and study a variety of topics.
- Truth Seekers: We meet in the North
East Quad Room.
- Faith Builders Fellowship Group: We
are studying the book "The Final Summit" by Andy Andrews. We meet in
the SE Quad room.
- Pathfinders 2: Ministry for middle
agers (stage of life). Biblical principles applied weekly to today's family
issues and current worldly events. All are welcome.
- Starting September 9th in Hope Class: Dr. David Jeremiah presents
"The Coming Economic Armageddon" a DVD series - What Bible Prophecy
Warns about the New Global Economy.
- Unshackled: We meet in the SW Quad.
- Agape Sunday School Class: "Parables and Other Bedtime Stories"
led by Mark Malmkar.
- Partners With Christ Class: "Impact of Women: How Women of
the Bible Have Influenced Our Faith"
- Young Adults Class: Join us for an hour of fellowship and study.
We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- Bible Expo Class: We meet in the Lower Level.