Home > Home > Weekly Announcements > Announcements_10-07-12
October 7, 2012
October Memory Verse:
- "Everyone who calls on the name
of the Lord will be saved." Romans 10:13
Read the Bible in a Year:
- 3 Chapters a day and 5 Chapters on
- Farewell Reception: A light snack
"Farewell Reception" for Pastor Dwayne and Dana will follow the late
service on Sunday, October 7th. Please come!
- Youth Praise Band: Today at 2pm
- Life Chain on 2nd Ave. Today at
- Next Sunday at 5:00pm. Bring finger
foods to share.
Senior Adult Walk:
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at
Lunch with the 3 Stooges:
- Monday, October 8th at the Lighthouse
Center from Noon to 1:00pm. Bring your lunch.
RWF Dinner and Devotions:
Financial Peace University:
- Monday at 6:30pm. Sign up in the
- "The Joy Filled Life"
Tuesday, October 30th - December 18th at 5:30pm in the Quads. Contact Janelle
Meyers at 893-2215 or Angie at 293-2220 for more info.
- 7pm, AWANA, Youth Group, Choir, Women's
Study, Adult Study-The Truth Project. Join us!
- Anyone interested in joining the
choir, practice is at 7pm.
Men's Bible Study:
Senior Men's Coffee:
RWF Executive Committee:
Real Truth Ministries:
- Thursday at 8:30pm at the North
- Ladies Prayer Time: Monday Mornings
- Rebekah Anna Circle: Tuesday at
- ABWM Meeting: Wednesday at 1:00pm
- Women's Bible Study: Friday Mornings
Parenting in the Pew:
- A New class for parents
of all ages (Grandparents too). Began September 9th and will meet for five
weeks. We meet in the Young Adults Sunday School class downstairs.
Preschool Enrollment for 2012-13
- The Sessions are: 4-5
year olds MWF 12:30-3pm, 3-4 year olds TTH 12-2pm. Registration forms can be
picked up at the info desk and dropped off in the office. Call 234-2311 for
- Sunday - Wednesday,
October 21 - 24 at 7pm. Draw Near to God and He Will Draw Near to You.
DVD's of Egypt/Israel:
- DVD's of the Egypt Israel
Presentation are available for $10 each. Contact the church office.
- The Waffleman!!! October
21st. Tickets are available to purchase now through the day of the event in the
stairwell of the hallway. This is a fundraiser for the preschool.
Trunk or Treat:
- October 31st at 8:30pm
after AWANAs: Adults, back up to the curb, open your trunk, decorate, hand out
treats, love and encourage the children!
- Zac Olivarez will be
running a marathon in D.C. to benefit the loved ones of those who have died
serving our country. For more information go to www.americanfallensoldiers.com
and to donate go to www.active.com/donate/fallensoldiers/olivarez2011
- If you would like to help
contact Bill Wood, Terri Lind, or call the church office.
First Baptist Cares:
- Please join us to
encourage others in our church family and enjoy some fun fellowship. We meet in
the Library, Wednesday nights at 7:00pm.
- First Baptist Cares is
seeking Military addresses of your loved ones. They can be state side or
overseas. We also want e-mail addresses if you have them. We would like to
encourage those who bravely serve our country. Thanks!!!
- Friday Promise Keepers meets at the church at 11:30am in the
Saints Alive Room. Bring a sack lunch. Call Bill @ 308-440-1030 or Bob @
- Tuesday Promise Keepers meets the first and third Tuesdays at Rob
Gwin's Home. Contact Rob for more info.
- First Baptist Counselor, Angie McDermott, holds a Master's degree
in Counseling and is a Licensed Independent Mental Health Practitioner. She has been with the Church since January of
1997. You can set up an appointment with Angie by calling (308) 293-2220
- If you need to add a loved one to the
prayer chain please call Kathy Adams at 440-2150 or e-mail to
Sunday School Hour:
- Young Adults Sunday School Class: We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- The College Sunday School Class meets
in the Library
- Friends Class: Meets in the Friends
room and studies a variety of topics.
- Saints Alive Class: Meets in the
- Servants and Friends: We meet in the
Gym and study a variety of topics.
- Truth Seekers: We meet in the North
East Quad Room.
- Faith Builders Fellowship Group: We
are studying the book "The Final Summit" by Andy Andrews. We meet in
the SE Quad room.
- Pathfinders 2: Ministry for middle
agers (stage of life). Biblical principles applied weekly to today's family
issues and current worldly events. All are welcome.
- Starting September 9th in Hope Class: Dr. David Jeremiah presents
"The Coming Economic Armageddon" a DVD series - What Bible Prophecy
Warns about the New Global Economy.
- Unshackled: We meet in the SW Quad.
- Agape Sunday School Class: "Parables and Other Bedtime
Stories" led by Mark Malmkar.
- Partners With Christ Class: "Impact of Women: How Women of
the Bible Have Influenced Our Faith"
- Young Adults Class: Join us for an hour of fellowship and study.
We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- Bible Expo Class: We meet
in the Lower Level.