Home > Weekly Announcements > Announcements_09-16-12
September 16, 2012
September Memory Verse:
- "Keep my commands and you will
live; guard my teachings as the apple of your eye." Proverbs 7:2
Read the Bible in a Year:
- 3 Chapters a day and 5 Chapters on
- FamilyFest: 3pm at the Elm Creek School
Gym. Featuring a concert by Mama's Wranglers. Fiddles, banjos, singing,
clogging, yodeling and more. Advanced Tickets: Adults 12+ for $10, 6-11 for $5.
At the Door: $12/6. Kids 5 and under are free.
- Sr. High Girls: You are invited to
Barista's Daily Grind today at 4pm for coffee and chat time. Call Kathy Adams
at 440-2150 with questions.
- 3rd through 8th grade girls will be
meeting at 2pm today in the St. Alive Room. Bring a school picture or photo of
yourself for a project we will be working on.
Senior Adult Walk:
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at
RWF Dinner and Devotions:
Financial Peace University:
- Monday at 6:30pm. Sign up in the
S.O.S. Suicide Support Group:
- "The Joy Filled Life" Tuesday,
October 30th - December 18th at 5:30pm in the Quads. Contact Janelle Meyers at
893-2215 or Angie at 293-2220 for more info.
- 7pm, AWANA, Youth Group, Choir, Mike
and Becky Mann speaking about work in Thailand. Join us!
- Anyone interested in joining the
choir, practice is at 7pm.
Men's Bible Study:
Abuse Prevention Committee:
A Public Reception for Bob and Patty Wilson:
- A Public Reception to thank Bob and
Patty Wilson for their 43 years of service to the community will be Thursday,
September 20th from 4:30 - 6:30pm at the Kearney Chamber of Commerce.
Real Truth Ministries:
- Thursday at 8:30pm at the North
- Ladies Prayer Time: Monday Mornings
- Sisters of Ruth: Wednesday at 11:30am
- Hannah Circle: Thursday at 7pm
- Sarah Circle: Thursday at 7pm
- Women's Bible Study: Friday Mornings
Parenting in the Pew:
- A New class for parents
of all ages (Grandparents too). Began September 9th and will meet for five
weeks. We meet in the Young Adults Sunday School class downstairs.
ABC/NE - State Convention:
- September 21-23: North
Platte, Info is on the Mission Bulletin Board in the Narthex.
Cooks are Needed for RWF Monday Night Meals:
- Please sign up on the
bulletin board in the hallway today.
Missionaries Mike and Becky Mann:
- Wednesday, September 19th
at 7pm. Invite someone to come with you and bring a dozen cookies to share
- Sunday, September 23rd at
Preschool Enrollment for 2012-13
- The Sessions are: 4-5
year olds MWF 12:30-3pm, 3-4 year olds TTH 12-2pm. Registration forms can be
picked up at the info desk and dropped off in the office. Call 234-2311 for
- Ladies, you are invited
to a Bridal Shower for Austin Wilson, bride-to-be of Ryan Martin. Saturday,
September 22nd at 2pm at the Elm Creek Community Building. Please RSVP at
RWF Annual Meeting:
First Baptist Cares:
- Please join us to
encourage others in our church family and enjoy some fun fellowship. We meet in
the Library, Wednesday nights at 7:00pm.
- First Baptist Cares is
seeking Military addresses of your loved ones. They can be state side or
overseas. We also want e-mail addresses if you have them. We would like to encourage
those who bravely serve our country. Thanks!!!
- Friday Promise Keepers meets at the church at 11:30am in the
Saints Alive Room. Bring a sack lunch. Call Bill @ 308-440-1030 or Bob @
- Tuesday Promise Keepers meets the first and third Tuesdays at Rob
Gwin's Home. Contact Rob for more info.
- First Baptist Counselor, Angie McDermott, holds a Master's degree
in Counseling and is a Licensed Independent Mental Health Practitioner. She has been with the Church since January of
1997. You can set up an appointment with Angie by calling (308) 293-2220
- If you need to add a loved one to the
prayer chain please call Kathy Adams at 440-2150 or e-mail to
Sunday School Hour:
- Young Adults Sunday School Class: We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- The College Sunday School Class meets
in the Library
- Friends Class: Meets in the Friends
room and studies a variety of topics.
- Saints Alive Class: Meets in the
- Servants and Friends: We meet in the
Gym and study a variety of topics.
- Truth Seekers: We meet in the North
East Quad Room.
- Faith Builders Fellowship Group: We
are studying the book "The Final Summit" by Andy Andrews. We meet in
the SE Quad room.
- Pathfinders 2: Ministry for middle
agers (stage of life). Biblical principles applied weekly to today's family
issues and current worldly events. All are welcome.
- Starting September 9th in Hope Class: Dr. David Jeremiah presents
"The Coming Economic Armageddon" a DVD series - What Bible Prophecy
Warns about the New Global Economy.
- Unshackled: We meet in the SW Quad.
- Agape Sunday School Class: "Parables and Other Bedtime
Stories" led by Mark Malmkar.
- Partners With Christ Class: "Impact of Women: How Women of
the Bible Have Influenced Our Faith"
- Young Adults Class: Join us for an hour of fellowship and study.
We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- Bible Expo Class: We meet in the Lower Level.