Home > Home > Weekly Announcements > Announcements_09-09-12
September 9, 2012
National Back to Church Sunday:
- September 6th. Many people will slip
away during the summer months. This is a multi-church effort to "Bring
Them Back to Church" on Sunday, September 16th. We encourage you to
September Memory Verse:
- "Keep my commands and you will
live; guard my teachings as the apple of your eye." Proverbs 7:2
Read the Bible in a Year:
- 3 Chapters a day and 5 Chapters on
Daily Bread Devotionals:
- Daily Bread devotionals are available
at the Info Desk.
Senior Adult Walk:
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at
Lunch with the Three Stooges:
- Bring a lunch. Monday, September 10th
at the Lighthouse Center. Noon - 1pm.
RWF Dinner and Devotions:
Financial Peace University:
- Intro Meeting: Monday at 6:30pm. Sign
up in the Narthex.
- 7pm, AWANA, Youth Group, Choir,
Women's Study, Adults- Prayer Meeting! Join us!
- Anyone interested in joining the
choir, the first practice is Wednesday, September 5th at 7pm.
Men's Bible Study:
Sr. Men and Gals:
- Meet at Crossroads for a tour
Thursday, September 13th at 2:30pm.
RWF Executive Committee Meeting:
Real Truth Ministries:
- Thursday at 8:30pm at the North
- Ladies Prayer Time: Monday Mornings
- Rebekah Anna Circle: Tuesday at 7pm
- ABWM Meeting: Wednesday at 1:00pm
- Women's Bible Study: Friday Mornings
Parenting in the Pew:
- A New class for parents of
all ages (Grandparents too). Begins September 9th and will meet for four weeks.
We will meet in the Young Adults Sunday School class downstairs. Sign up for a
ABC/NE - State Convention:
- September 21-23: North
Platte, Info is on the Mission Bulletin Board in the Narthex.
Cooks are Needed for RWF Monday Night Meals:
- Please sign up on the
bulletin board in the hallway today.
Missionaries Mike and Becky Mann:
- Wednesday, September 19th
at 7pm. Invite someone to come with you and bring a dozen cookies to share
- Sunday, September 23rd at
Preschool Enrollment for 2012-13
- The Sessions are: 4-5
year olds MWF 12:30-3pm, 3-4 year olds TTH 12-2pm. Registration forms can be
picked up at the info desk and dropped off in the office. Call 234-2311 for
- Ladies, you are invited
to a Bridal Shower for Austin Wilson, bride-to-be of Ryan Martin. Saturday,
September 22nd at 2pm at the Elm Creek Community Building. Please RSVP at
First Baptist Cares:
- Please join us to
encourage others in our church family and enjoy some fun fellowship. We meet in
the Library, Wednesday nights at 7:00pm.
- First Baptist Cares is
seeking Military addresses of your loved ones. They can be state side or overseas.
We also want e-mail addresses if you have them. We would like to encourage
those who bravely serve our country. Thanks!!!
- Friday Promise Keepers meets at the church at 11:30am in the
Saints Alive Room. Bring a sack lunch. Call Bill @ 308-440-1030 or Bob @
- First Baptist Counselor, Angie McDermott, holds a Master's degree
in Counseling and is a Licensed Independent Mental Health Practitioner. She has been with the Church since January of
1997. You can set up an appointment with Angie by calling (308) 293-2220
- If you need to add a loved one to the
prayer chain please call Kathy Adams at 440-2150 or e-mail to
Sunday School Hour:
- Young Adults Sunday School Class: We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- The College Sunday School Class meets
in the Library
- Friends Class: Meets in the Friends
room and studies a variety of topics.
- Saints Alive Class: Meets in the
- Servants and Friends: We meet in the
Gym and study a variety of topics.
- Truth Seekers: We meet in the North
East Quad Room.
- Faith Builders Fellowship Group: We
are studying the book "The Final Summit" by Andy Andrews. We meet in
the SE Quad room.
- Pathfinders 2: Ministry for middle
agers (stage of life). Biblical principles applied weekly to today's family
issues and current worldly events. All are welcome.
- Starting September 9th in Hope Class: Dr. David Jeremiah presents
"The Coming Economic Armageddon" a DVD series - What Bible Prophecy
Warns about the New Global Economy.
- Unshackled: We meet in the SW Quad.
- Agape Sunday School Class: "Parables and Other Bedtime
Stories" led by Mark Malmkar.
- Partners With Christ Class: "Impact of Women: How Women of
the Bible Have Influenced Our Faith"
- Young Adults Class: Join us for an hour of fellowship and study.
We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- Bible Expo Class: We meet in the Lower Level.