Home > Weekly Announcements > Announcements_08-26-12
August 26, 2012
August Memory Verse:
- "but those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will runa
nd not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:31
Read the Bible in a Year:
- 3 Chapters a day and 5 Chapters on
Daily Bread Devotionals:
- Daily Bread devotionals are available
at the Info Desk.
RWF Back to School Cookout:
- Tonight at 5pm at Mark Sutko's Home.
25 Brandt's Lakewood Sub. south of Kearney.
Senior Adult Walk:
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at
- Neighborhood Ice Cream Social:
Wednesday at 7pm
- Coming up September 5th: Church night
meal at 6pm. At 7pm, AWANA, Youth Group, Choir, Women's Study, Adults- Prayer
Meeting! Join us!
Men's Bible Study:
- Ladies Prayer Time: Monday Mornings
- Women's Bible Study: Friday Mornings
Neighborhood Ice Cream Social:
- August 29th at 7pm
- Needed: People to make
homemade ice cream, brownies and cookies. Sign the registration sheet if you
- All girls 3rd through
12th grade are invited to Pizza and Game Night, August 28th at 6pm in the St.
Alive Room. Please join us! Call Kathy at 440-2150 with questions.
AWANA Helpers Needed:
- Contact the office for
Cooks are Needed for RWF Monday Night Meals:
- Please sign up on the
bulletin board in the hallway today.
Preschool Enrollment for 2012-13
- The Sessions are: 4-5
year olds MWF 12:30-3pm, 3-4 year olds TTH 12-2pm. Registration forms can be
picked up at the info desk and dropped off in the office. Call 234-2311 for
First Baptist Cares:
- Please join us to
encourage others in our church family and enjoy some fun fellowship. We meet in
the Library, Wednesday nights at 7:00pm.
- First Baptist Cares is
seeking Military addresses of your loved ones. They can be state side or
overseas. We also want e-mail addresses if you have them. We would like to encourage
those who bravely serve our country. Thanks!!!
- Friday Promise Keepers meets at the church at 11:30am in the
Saints Alive Room. Bring a sack lunch. Call Bill @ 308-440-1030 or Bob @
- First Baptist Counselor, Angie McDermott, holds a Master's degree
in Counseling and is a Licensed Independent Mental Health Practitioner. She has been with the Church since January of
1997. You can set up an appointment with Angie by calling (308) 293-2220
- If you need to add a loved one to the
prayer chain please call Kathy Adams at 440-2150 or e-mail to
Sunday School Hour:
- Young Adults Sunday School Class: We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- The College Sunday School Class meets
in the Library
- Friends Class: Meets in the Friends
room and studies a variety of topics.
- Saints Alive Class: Meets in the
- Servants and Friends: We meet in the
Gym and study a variety of topics.
- Truth Seekers: We meet in the North
East Quad Room.
- Faith Builders Fellowship Group: We
are studying the book "The Final Summit" by Andy Andrews. We meet in
the SE Quad room.
- Hope Class & Pathfinders 2: Dr. James McDonald presents
"Having the Funeral" FORGIVING. "Grieve it and leave it - ...properly
placed in God's hands. We are meeting in the Pathfinders 2 class downstairs.
- Starting September 9th in Hope Class: Dr. David Jeremiah presents
"The Coming Economic Armageddon" a DVD series - What Bible Prophecy
Warns about the New Global Economy.
- Prison & Jail Ministry Class: We meet in the SW Quad.
- Agape Sunday School Class: "Parables and Other Bedtime
Stories" led by Mark Malmkar.
- Partners With Christ Class: "Impact of Women: How Women of
the Bible Have Influenced Our Faith"
- Bible Expo Class: We meet in the Lower Level.