Home > Home > Weekly Announcements > Announcements_08-12-12
August 12, 2012
- Free-will donation to the preschool. Take as much as you want - Load yourself.
Prayer for all Teachers and Students:
- On August 19th, we will have a
special prayer as school begins. Please invite the Teachers and Students in
Children's Membership Class:
- Began Monday, July 16th at
11:00am. This class will teach children basic Christian beliefs and prepare
them for baptism. Questions - Please contact Pastor Stan.
Lunch with the Three Stooges:
- Monday, August 13th at the Lighthouse
Center. Noon - 1pm.
Outdoor Baptism Opportunity:
- Would you like to be baptized
outdoors? An outdoor baptism is being planned for August 19th at 5pm. Please
contact Pastor Stan.
August Memory Verse:
- "but those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will runa
nd not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:31
Read the Bible in a Year:
- 3 Chapters a day and 5 Chapters on
Senior Adult Walk:
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at
Youth Leaders Meeting:
- Adult Study :"When God's Spirit
Moves", Women's Class: "Women of the New Testament", NO YOUTH OR
CHILDRENS GROUPS for the next two weeks. Nursery available.
Men's Bible Study:
Sr. Men & Wives:
- Thursday, August 16th at 3:00pm.
Homemade Ice Cream Social.
- Ladies Prayer Time: Monday Mornings
- Sisters of Ruth: Wednesday at 11:30am
- Hannah Circle Road Trip: Saturday,
August 18th at 7:30am
- Women's Bible Study: Friday Mornings
Preschool Enrollment for 2012-13
- The Sessions are: 4-5
year olds MWF 12:30-3pm, 3-4 year olds TTH 12-2pm. Registration forms can be
picked up at the info desk and dropped off in the office. Call 234-2311 for
First Baptist Cares:
- Please join us to
encourage others in our church family and enjoy some fun fellowship. We meet in
the Library, Wednesday nights at 7:00pm.
- First Baptist Cares is
seeking Military addresses of your loved ones. They can be state side or
overseas. We also want e-mail addresses if you have them. We would like to
encourage those who bravely serve our country. Thanks!!!
- Friday Promise Keepers meets at the church at 11:30am in the
Saints Alive Room. Bring a sack lunch. Call Bill @ 308-440-1030 or Bob @
- First Baptist Counselor, Angie McDermott, holds a Master's degree
in Counseling and is a Licensed Independent Mental Health Practitioner. She has been with the Church since January of
1997. You can set up an appointment with Angie by calling (308) 293-2220
- If you need to add a loved one to the
prayer chain please call Kathy Adams at 440-2150 or e-mail to
Sunday School Hour:
- Young Adults Sunday School Class: We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- Hope Class & Pathfinders 2: Dr. James McDonald presents
"Having the Funeral" FORGIVING. "Grieve it and leave it - ...properly
placed in God's hands. We are meeting in the Pathfinders 2 class downstairs.
- Seeing Yourself as God Sees You: We meet downstairs in the old
Youth Room next to the Young Adults.