Home > Home > Weekly Announcements > Announcements_08-05-12
August 5, 2012
Children's Membership Class:
- Began Monday, July 16th at
11:00am. This class will teach children basic Christian beliefs and prepare
them for baptism. Questions - Please contact Pastor Stan.
Homemade Ice Cream & Brownies needed:
- Needed for UNK football team. Mark
your registration sheets or contact Pastor Zach at 308-390-2308. Please have
them to the church on Wednesday, August 8th. Thanks!
Outdoor Baptism Opportunity:
- Would you like to be baptized
outdoors? An outdoor baptism is being planned for August 19th at 5pm. Please
contact Pastor Stan.
August Memory Verse:
- "but those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will runa
nd not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:31
Read the Bible in a Year:
- 3 Chapters a day and 5 Chapters on
Senior Adult Walk:
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at
- Thursday, August 7th at 6:30pm
- Cottage Groups, Adult Study
:"When God's Spirit Moves", Women's Class: "Women of the New
Testament", NO YOUTH GROUP. Nursery available.
- Wednesday, August 8th from 5:30-8pm.
Inflatables, carnival games, hotdogs & chips, FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY. At
the Buffalo County Fairgrounds Exposition Center.
American Red Cross Blood Drive:
- Thursday, August 9th from 12pm - 6pm.
Sign up after the service or call 234-4182 or 237-2554.
Risk Committee Meeting:
- Thursday, August 9th at 4:15pm.
Men's Bible Study:
Sr. Men & Wives:
- Thursday, August 16th at 3:00pm.
Homemade Ice Cream Social.
- Ladies Prayer Time: Monday Mornings
- Women's Bible Study: Friday Mornings
New Building Committee:
- Saturday, August 11th at
- Will be held at the
church on August 8th. These will be special small group studies with
refreshments following the meetings.
- Parents of 3 children
looking for a 3 bedroom house to rent. Please call Rickey or Vanessa at
455-0207 or 233-7309.
Preschool Enrollment for 2012-13
- The Sessions are: 4-5
year olds MWF 12:30-3pm, 3-4 year olds TTH 12-2pm. Registration forms can be
picked up at the info desk and dropped off in the office. Call 234-2311 for
First Baptist Cares:
- Please join us to
encourage others in our church family and enjoy some fun fellowship. We meet in
the Library, Wednesday nights at 7:00pm.
- First Baptist Cares is
seeking Military addresses of your loved ones. They can be state side or
overseas. We also want e-mail addresses if you have them. We would like to
encourage those who bravely serve our country. Thanks!!!
- Friday Promise Keepers meets at the church at 11:30am in the
Saints Alive Room. Bring a sack lunch. Call Bill @ 308-440-1030 or Bob @
- First Baptist Counselor, Angie McDermott, holds a Master's degree
in Counseling and is a Licensed Independent Mental Health Practitioner. She has been with the Church since January of
1997. You can set up an appointment with Angie by calling (308) 293-2220
- If you need to add a loved one to the
prayer chain please call Kathy Adams at 440-2150 or e-mail to
Sunday School Hour:
- Young Adults Sunday School Class: We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- Hope Class & Pathfinders 2: Dr. James McDonald presents
"Having the Funeral" FORGIVING. "Grieve it and leave it - ...properly
placed in God's hands. We are meeting in the Pathfinders 2 class downstairs.
- Seeing Yourself as God Sees
You: We meet downstairs in the old Youth Room next to the Young Adults.