Home > Weekly Announcements > Announcements_07-15-12
July 15, 2012
Gospel Hand Painting:
Children's Membership Class:
- Begins Monday, July 16th
at 11:00am. This class will teach children basic Christian beliefs and prepare
them for baptism. Questions - Please contact Pastor Stan.
- Today at 5:00pm. Bring sandwiches and
cookies to share.
Outdoor Baptism Opportunity:
- Would you like to be baptized
outdoors? Please contact Pastor Stan.
July Memory Verse:
- "I have come that they may have
life and have it to the full." John 10:10b
Read the Bible in a Year:
- 3 Chapters a day and 5 Chapters on
Senior Adult Walk:
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at
S.O.S. Suicide Support Group:
- Monday, July 16th at 6:50pm
- Wednesday, July 18th at 10am
- Cottage Groups, Adult Study
:"When God's Spirit Moves", Women's Class: "Women of the New
Testament", Youth Group, Children are BAKING!!! Bring a friend. Nursery
Men's Bible Study:
Ties that Bind:
Saturday, July 21st at 9:00am
Egypt Israel Meeting:
- Ladies Prayer Time: Monday Mornings
- Sisters of Ruth: Wednesday at 11:30am
- Women's Bible Study: Friday Mornings
Youth Group June/July:
- The Amazing Race!!!
Youth, just come and experience this awesome event. Adults, would you like to
help? Contact PK to be a part. There is room for everyone. Respond TODAY!!!
- Will be held at the
church on July 18th, and August 8th. These will be special
small group studies with refreshments following the meetings.
- Please join us in
celebration of Orin and Becky Clinger's 40th Anniversary on Sunday, July 29th
from 2-4pm at the church.
- Parents of 3 children
looking for a 3 bedroom house to rent. Please call Rickey or Vanessa at
455-0207 or 233-7309.
Preschool Enrollment for 2012-13
- The Sessions are: 4-5
year olds MWF 12:30-3pm, 3-4 year olds TTH 12-2pm. Registration forms can be
picked up at the info desk and dropped off in the office. Call 234-2311 for
First Baptist Cares:
- Please join us to
encourage others in our church family and enjoy some fun fellowship. We meet in
the Library, Wednesday nights at 7:00pm.
- First Baptist Cares is
seeking Military addresses of your loved ones. They can be state side or
overseas. We also want e-mail addresses if you have them. We would like to
encourage those who bravely serve our country. Thanks!!!
- Friday Promise Keepers meets at the church at 11:30am in the Saints
Alive Room. Bring a sack lunch. Call Bill @ 308-440-1030 or Bob @ 308-893-9217.
- First Baptist Counselor, Angie McDermott, holds a Master's degree
in Counseling and is a Licensed Independent Mental Health Practitioner. She has been with the Church since January of
1997. You can set up an appointment with Angie by calling (308) 293-2220
- If you need to add a loved one to the
prayer chain please call Kathy Adams at 440-2150 or e-mail to
Beth Moore Summer Study:
- "James: Mercy Triumphs"
Friday mornings from 9:30-11am. June 8th - July 27th in
the Quads. Contact Pam Murdoch at 234-1138 for details.
2nd Quarter 3/4 Club:
- Join us in congratulating those who
were in Sunday School at least 3/4 of the Sundays during the 2nd Quarter:
- Izzy Cavill, Will Cavill, Adrienne
Cavill, Lilly Cavill, Nalani Danielson, Joseph Danielson, Faith Edgerton,
Mariah Edgerton, Levi Gillming, Jordan Gillming, Brett Gillming, John Paul
Goad, Devon Halliwell, Madison Halliwell, Olivia Hanson, Oscar Hanson, Lucas
Hanson, Ian Hanson, Collin Jenkins, Miranda Jenkins, Brooklyn Liljehorn, Isaac
Liljehorn, Madison Maynard, Robbie Potthoff, Sam Stevens, Kiara Van Winkle,
Gabrielle Van Winkle.
Sunday School Hour:
- Agape Sunday School Class:
"God's Solutions for Today's Problems" led by Leroy Giffin.
- Young Adults Sunday School Class: We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- Partners With Christ
Class: "Why We Do What We Do: A Biblical Perspective on Christian
- Faith Builders Fellowship Group: "The Twelve Pillars" by
- Truth Seekers: NE Quad Room - "Living on the Edge" a
Romans 12 Study.
- Hope Class & Pathfinders 2: Dr. James McDonald presents
"Having the Funeral" FORGIVING. "Grieve it and leave it - ...properly
placed in God's hands. We are meeting in the Pathfinders 2 class downstairs.
- Seeing Yourself as God Sees You: We meet downstairs in the old
Youth Room next to the Young Adults.
- Friends Class: Beginning Sunday, March 4th, the Friends
Sunday School class will devote the months of March, April, and May to study
Becoming Good Disciples. Please join us.