Home > Home > Weekly Announcements > Announcements_07-08-12
July 8, 2012
- "Amazing Wonders Aviation:
Awesome God! Amazing Power!" July 8 - 13th.
- Family Night, TONIGHT at 6pm.
Please Shower these ladies with cards!
- Becky Pederson; 3 Meadow Lane,
Kearney, NE 68845
- Beth Petersen; PO Box 175 Axtell, NE 68924.
Children's Membership Class:
- Begins Monday, July 16th
at 11:00am. This class will teach children basic Christian beliefs and prepare
them for baptism. Questions - Please contact Pastor Stan.
- July 15th at 5:00pm. Bring
sandwiches and cookies to share.
July Memory Verse:
- "I have come that they may have
life and have it to the full." John 10:10b
Read the Bible in a Year:
- 3 Chapters a day and 5 Chapters on
Senior Adult Walk:
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at
Lunch with the Three Stooges:
- Topic: Good or Bad Role Models!
Monday, July 9th at the Lighthouse Center. 12 noon - 1:00pm.
Senior Men's Coffee:
RWF Executive Committee:
Men's Bible Study:
New Building Committee:
- Saturday, July 14th at
- Ladies Prayer Time: Monday Mornings
- Women's Bible Study: Friday Mornings
Youth Group June/July:
- The Amazing Race!!!
Youth, just come and experience this awesome event. Adults, would you like to
help? Contact PK to be a part. There is room for everyone. Respond TODAY!!!
- Will be held at the
church on July 18th, and August 8th. These will be
special small group studies with refreshments following the meetings.
Preschool Enrollment for 2012-13
- The Sessions are: 4-5
year olds MWF 12:30-3pm, 3-4 year olds TTH 12-2pm. Registration forms can be
picked up at the info desk and dropped off in the office. Call 234-2311 for
- Part-time Assistant
Teacher, Tuesdays and Thursdays for 3-4 year olds. Please submit cover letter
and resume to: First Baptist Church, 1616 W. 39th St. Kearney, NE
First Baptist Cares:
- Please join us to
encourage others in our church family and enjoy some fun fellowship. We meet in
the Library, Wednesday nights at 7:00pm.
- First Baptist Cares is
seeking Military addresses of your loved ones. They can be state side or
overseas. We also want e-mail addresses if you have them. We would like to
encourage those who bravely serve our country. Thanks!!!
- Friday Promise
Keepers meets at the church at 11:30am in the Saints Alive Room. Bring a sack
lunch. Call Bill @ 308-440-1030 or Bob @ 308-893-9217
- First Baptist Counselor, Angie McDermott, holds a Master's degree
in Counseling and is a Licensed Independent Mental Health Practitioner. She has been with the Church since January of
1997. You can set up an appointment with Angie by calling (308) 293-2220
- If you need to add a loved one to the
prayer chain please call Kathy Adams at 440-2150 or e-mail to
Beth Moore Summer Study:
- "James: Mercy Triumphs"
Friday mornings from 9:30-11am. June 8th - July 27th in
the Quads. Contact Pam Murdoch at 234-1138 for details.
Sunday School Hour:
- Agape Sunday School Class:
"God's Solutions for Today's Problems" led by Leroy Giffin.
- Young Adults Sunday School Class: We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- Partners With Christ
Class: "Why We Do What We Do: A Biblical Perspective on Christian
- Faith Builders Fellowship Group: "The Twelve Pillars" by
- Truth Seekers: NE Quad Room - "Living on the Edge" a
Romans 12 Study.
- Hope Class: Dr. James McDonald presents "Having the
Funeral" FORGIVING. "Grieve it and leave it - ...properly placed in
- Pathfinders 2 is a new Sunday School Class for family oriented
couples and singles in their 30's - 50's.
- Seeing Yourself as God Sees You: We meet downstairs in the old
Youth Room next to the Young Adults.
- Friends Class: Beginning Sunday, March 4th, the Friends
Sunday School class will devote the months of March, April, and May to study
Becoming Good Disciples. Please join us.