Home > Weekly Announcements > Announcements_07-29-12
July 29, 2012
- Orpha Hooge turns 94 on Tuesday, July
31st. Cards can be sent to her at 3540 E. Arbor Lane, Kearney, NE 68845.
Children's Membership Class:
- Began Monday, July 16th at
11:00am. This class will teach children basic Christian beliefs and prepare
them for baptism. Questions - Please contact Pastor Stan.
Outdoor Baptism Opportunity:
- Would you like to be baptized
outdoors? Please contact Pastor Stan.
All Church Picnic:
- August 1st at 6:00pm at Harmon Park.
Bring 2 dishes to share and table service. Drinks will be provided. If it
rains, we will rejoice at the church.
July Memory Verse:
- "I have come that they may have
life and have it to the full." John 10:10b
Read the Bible in a Year:
- 3 Chapters a day and 5 Chapters on
Senior Adult Walk:
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at
CE & Diaconate Meetings:
Men's Bible Study:
- Ladies Prayer Time: Monday Mornings
- Women's Bible Study: Friday Mornings
Christian Business Men's Lunch:
- Friday at 12pm at the
Youth Group June/July:
- The Amazing Race!!!
Youth, just come and experience this awesome event. Adults, would you like to
help? Contact PK to be a part. There is room for everyone. Respond TODAY!!!
- Will be held at the
church on August 8th. This
will be a special small group study with refreshments following the meetings.
- Please join us in
celebration of Orin and Becky Clinger's 40th Anniversary on Sunday, July 29th
from 2-4pm at the church.
- Parents of 3 children
looking for a 3 bedroom house to rent. Please call Rickey or Vanessa at
455-0207 or 233-7309.
Preschool Enrollment for 2012-13
- The Sessions are: 4-5
year olds MWF 12:30-3pm, 3-4 year olds TTH 12-2pm. Registration forms can be
picked up at the info desk and dropped off in the office. Call 234-2311 for
First Baptist Cares:
- Please join us to
encourage others in our church family and enjoy some fun fellowship. We meet in
the Library, Wednesday nights at 7:00pm.
- First Baptist Cares is
seeking Military addresses of your loved ones. They can be state side or
overseas. We also want e-mail addresses if you have them. We would like to
encourage those who bravely serve our country. Thanks!!!
- Friday Promise Keepers meets at the church at 11:30am in the
Saints Alive Room. Bring a sack lunch. Call Bill @ 308-440-1030 or Bob @
- First Baptist Counselor, Angie McDermott, holds a Master's degree
in Counseling and is a Licensed Independent Mental Health Practitioner. She has been with the Church since January of
1997. You can set up an appointment with Angie by calling (308) 293-2220
- If you need to add a loved one to the
prayer chain please call Kathy Adams at 440-2150 or e-mail to
Beth Moore Summer Study:
- "James: Mercy Triumphs"
Friday mornings from 9:30-11am. June 8th - July 27th in
the Quads. Contact Pam Murdoch at 234-1138 for details.
Sunday School Hour:
- Agape Sunday School Class:
"God's Solutions for Today's Problems" led by Leroy Giffin.
- Young Adults Sunday School Class: We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- Partners With Christ
Class: "Why We Do What We Do: A Biblical Perspective on Christian
- Faith Builders Fellowship Group: "The Twelve Pillars" by
- Truth Seekers: NE Quad Room - "Living on the Edge" a
Romans 12 Study.
- Hope Class & Pathfinders 2: Dr. James McDonald presents
"Having the Funeral" FORGIVING. "Grieve it and leave it - ...properly
placed in God's hands. We are meeting in the Pathfinders 2 class downstairs.
- Seeing Yourself as God Sees You: We meet downstairs in the old
Youth Room next to the Young Adults.
- Friends Class: Beginning Sunday, March 4th, the Friends
Sunday School class will devote the months of March, April, and May to study
Becoming Good Disciples. Please join us.