Home > Weekly Announcements > Announcements_07-01-12
July 1, 2012
Please Shower these ladies with cards!
- Becky Pederson; Select Specialty
Hospital, 1719 East 19th Ave. 5B Denver, CO 80218.
- Beth Petersen; PO Box 175 Axtell, NE
July Memory Verse:
- "I have come that they may have
life and have it to the full." John 10:10b
Read the Bible in a Year:
- 3 Chapters a day and 5 Chapters on
Senior Adult Walk:
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at
CHURCH NIGHT ACTIVITY
- NO CHURCH NIGHT ACTIVITY
THIS WEEK. HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!
- Thursday, July 5th and
Friday, July 6th.
Men's Bible Study:
Christian Business Men's Lunch:
- Ladies Prayer Time: Monday Mornings
- Women's Bible Study: Friday Mornings
VBS Family Night:
Youth Group June/July:
- The Amazing Race!!!
Youth, just come and experience this awesome event. Adults, would you like to
help? Contact PK to be a part. There is room for everyone. Respond TODAY!!!
2012 Summer Camps:
- Camp Moses Merrill is
gearing up for the summer. Please consider sending your kids to camp! See the
display in the narthex.
- Will be held at the
church on July 18th, and August 8th. These will be
special small group studies with refreshments following the meetings.
July 4th Concert:
- First Baptist Thailand
School Mission Team will be holding a fund raising concert July 4th
at 2pm at the Gibbon School Auditorium. Free will offering will be accepted.
The Master's Men Church Golf Tournament:
- July 7th. 9am
Shotgun start. Prairie Hills Golf Course - Kearney, NE. Cost is $45 which
includes Green Fees, Cart and Lunch. Register at efr.ee/masters
Preschool Enrollment for 2012-13
- The Sessions are: 4-5 year
olds MWF 12:30-3pm, 3-4 year olds TTH 12-2pm. Registration forms can be picked
up at the info desk and dropped off in the office. Call 234-2311 for more info.
- Part-time Assistant
Teacher, Tuesdays and Thursdays for 3-4 year olds. Please submit cover letter
and resume to: First Baptist Church, 1616 W. 39th St. Kearney, NE
First Baptist Cares:
- Please join us to
encourage others in our church family and enjoy some fun fellowship. We meet in
the Library, Wednesday nights at 7:00pm.
- First Baptist Cares is
seeking Military addresses of your loved ones. They can be state side or
overseas. We also want e-mail addresses if you have them. We would like to
encourage those who bravely serve our country. Thanks!!!
- Friday Promise Keepers meets at the church at 11:30am in the
Saints Alive Room. Bring a sack lunch. Call Bill @ 308-440-1030 or Bob @
- First Baptist Counselor, Angie McDermott, holds a Master's degree
in Counseling and is a Licensed Independent Mental Health Practitioner. She has been with the Church since January of
1997. You can set up an appointment with Angie by calling (308) 293-2220
- If you need to add a loved one to the
prayer chain please call Kathy Adams at 440-2150 or e-mail to
Beth Moore Summer Study:
- "James: Mercy Triumphs"
Friday mornings from 9:30-11am. June 8th - July 27th in
the Quads. Contact Pam Murdoch at 234-1138 for details.
Are you ready to Serve Christ in El Salvador?
- July 12-21. Contact Dana Bennett at
708-1660 for more info.
Sunday School Hour:
- Agape Sunday School Class:
"God's Solutions for Today's Problems" led by Leroy Giffin.
- Young Adults Sunday School Class: We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- Partners With Christ
Class: "Why We Do What We Do: A Biblical Perspective on Christian
- Faith Builders Fellowship Group: "The Twelve Pillars" by
- Truth Seekers: NE Quad Room - "Living on the Edge" a
Romans 12 Study.
- Hope Class: Dr. David Jeremiah presents "Slaying the Giants
in Your Life" a DVD series.
- Pathfinders 2 is a new Sunday School Class for family oriented
couples and singles in their 30's - 50's.
- Seeing Yourself as God Sees You: We meet downstairs in the old
Youth Room next to the Young Adults.
- Friends Class: Beginning
Sunday, March 4th, the Friends Sunday School class will devote the
months of March, April, and May to study Becoming Good Disciples. Please join