Home > Home > Weekly Announcements > Announcements_04-29-12
April 29, 2012
F.L.O.K. Ministries (Fellow Leaders of Kids):
- Family Fun Fest: Today from 2-4pm at
Yanney Park. Inflatables, Photo Booth, Balloons, Refreshments, Live Music!!!
- Tuesday, May 1st at 6:30pm
Special Business Meeting:
- Sunday, May 6th at 6pm.
Regarding the hiring of an architect to help us with the possible future
building. Please plan to attend.
Egypt Israel Trip:
- Meeting next Sunday at 4:00pm
April Memory Verse:
- "I am the Resurrection and the
life. He who believes in me will live even though he dies." John 11:25
- 9:30am in the Choir Loft.
Read the Bible in a Year:
- 3 Chapters a day and 5 Chapters on
Senior Adult Walk:
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at
CHURCH NIGHT ACTIVITY
- Church Night Meal: 6pm
- Adult Study "Places
We Will See", Women's Class "Key Promises of God", Choir, Youth
Group, AWANA, Nursery available.
National Day of Prayer:
Men's Bible Study:
CE and Diaconate Meetings:
Christian Businessmen's Brown Bag Lunch:
Crossroads Lunch & Learn:
- There will be a Crossroads Lunch and
Learn next Sunday, May 6th at 12:15pm.
- Ladies Prayer Time: Monday Mornings
- Women's Bible Study: Friday Mornings at
- Tuesday night at 5:30pm
in the Quads. "The Story: Finding Your Story in God's Story". All
- Ladies, you are invited
to a Bridal Shower for Angela Heiden, fiancée of Jared Samuelson on Sunday,
April 29th at 2pm in the Quad Rooms.
RWF Semi-Annual Meeting:
- Have a free day? Please
spend it at Moses Merrill Camp and Conference Center. There is a job for
everyone. You don't have to be a professional, just willing to work. Contact
Eric Byrd at 402-666-5639.
Preschool Enrollment for 2012-13
- The Sessions are: 4-5
year olds MWF 12:30-3pm, 3-4 year olds TTH 12-2pm. Registration forms can be
picked up at the info desk and dropped off in the office. Call 234-2311 for
First Baptist Cares:
- Please join us to
encourage others in our church family and enjoy some fun fellowship. We meet in
the Library, Wednesday nights at 7:00pm.
- First Baptist Cares is
seeking Military addresses of your loved ones. They can be state side or overseas.
We also want e-mail addresses if you have them. We would like to encourage
those who bravely serve our country. Thanks!!!
- Monday Night Promise Keepers: First and Third Mondays. Call Monte
Krueger at 236-9217 for info.
- Tuesday Night Promise Keepers: First and Third Tuesdays at 7:30pm at Rob
Gwin's home. Call Rob at 234-1563 for more info.
- Friday Promise Keepers meets at the church at 11:30am in the
Saints Alive Room. Bring a sack lunch. Call Bill @ 308-440-1030 or Bob @
- First Baptist Counselor, Angie McDermott, holds a Master's degree
in Counseling and is a Licensed Independent Mental Health Practitioner. She has been with the Church since January of
1997. You can set up an appointment with Angie by calling (308) 293-2220
- If you need to add a loved one to the
prayer chain please call Kathy Adams at 440-2150 or e-mail to
Roger Williams Fellowship:
- Mondays at 5:30pm - RWF Meal and
- Are you interested in becoming an RWF
Booster? See Pastor Zach for details.
YOU ARE NEEDED!!!
- Looking for volunteers to teach
Sunday School this summer. Please call Mike Roggie at 293-0830 for details.
Church Flower Beds:
- Anyone interested in helping with
church flower beds, call Peg Baer at 440-7188.
Beth Moore Summer Study:
- "James: Mercy Triumphs"
Friday mornings from 9:30-11am. June 8th - July 27th in
the Quads. Contact Pam Murdoch at 234-1138 for details.
Are you ready to Serve Christ in El Salvador?
- July 12-21. Contact Dana Bennett at
708-1660 for more info.
VBS Volunteers Needed:
July 8th - July 13th.
Contact Angie McDermott for details.
Crossroads Center Celebration Gala:
- "Planting Seeds of Hope"
Friday, May 4th at 6:30pm at the Younes Conference Center. Tickets
are $25. To order tickets or for more info call 308-236-5688.
Love Gift to First Baptist of Bethlehem:
- Doesn't this opportunity sound great!
To have the opportunity of helping ministry in Bethlehem. Mark you gift 1st
Bethlehem by May 13th.
Sunday School Hour:
- Agape Sunday School Class:
"God's Solutions for Today's Problems" led by Leroy Giffin.
- Young Adults Sunday School Class: We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- Partners With Christ
Class: "Why We Do What We Do: A Biblical Perspective on Christian
- Faith Builders Fellowship Group: "The Twelve Pillars" by
- Truth Seekers: NE Quad Room - "Living on the Edge" a
Romans 12 Study.
- Hope Class: Dr. David Jeremiah presents "Slaying the Giants
in Your Life" a DVD series.
- Pathfinders 2 is a new Sunday School Class for family oriented
couples and singles in their 30's - 50's.
- Seeing Yourself as God Sees You: We meet downstairs in the old
Youth Room next to the Young Adults.
- Friends Class: Beginning
Sunday, March 4th, the Friends Sunday School class will devote the
months of March, April, and May to study Becoming Good Disciples. Please join