Home > Weekly Announcements > Announcements_02-12-12
February 12, 2012
Youth Leaders Meeting:
- Valentine Party Today at 3pm
AB Girls of Joy:
- 3rd - 5th Grade
Girls: Today at 5pm. "Daughters of the King" Dinner.
Special Congregational Meeting:
- Sunday, Feb. 26th at 5pm.
The Board of Trustees will seek congregation approval for the sale of the
Save the Date:
- Church Family Retreat: March 9-10 at
Camp Merrill (Friday evening - Saturday afternoon) "Influence Your
Read the Bible in a Year:
- 3 Chapters a day and 5 Chapters on
- Games are Saturday from 9-2 at First
Baptist Church and from 2:30-5:30 at Horizon Middle School. Come out and
support your favorite teams!!!
Senior Adult Walk:
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at
CHURCH NIGHT ACTIVITY
- Adult Study
"Leadership in the Church", Women's Class "Key Promises of
God", Financial Peace, Choir, Youth Group, AWANA, Nursery available.
Leadership in the Church:
- Leadership = Influence: Being a
person of influence - what hinders us from this? Wednesday at 7pm.
- Ladies Prayer Time: Monday Mornings
- Sisters of Ruth: Wednesday at 11:30am
- Hannah Circle: Thursday at 7:00pm
- Women's Bible Study: Friday Mornings
- Tuesday night at 5:30pm
in the Quads. "The Story: Finding Your Story in God's Story". All
Financial Peace University:
- Wednesday nights at
7:00pm. Brian Peterson will be leading the class. Call the Church office if you
Youth Dare to Share:
- The Easter Cantata is
being planned for March 24-25 at the Merryman. Choir will begin practicing on
Wednesday at 7:45pm. Please join us if you like to sing!
- May 15-29, 2012. Pre-trip
meeting next Sunday at 4:00pm.
- There are critical moral
issues before the Board of Regents and the State Legislature. Be informed and
influence your representatives.
Preschool Enrollment for 2012-13
- The Sessions are: 4-5
year olds MWF 9-11:30am & 12:30-3pm, 3-4 year olds TTH 9am-11am &
12-2pm. Registration forms can be picked up at the info desk and dropped off in
the office. You may register at any time, but get your form in soon for the
session of your choice, as they will fill up fast. $40 registration fee is due
with the registration form. Call 234-2311 for more info.
First Baptist Cares:
- Please join us to
encourage others in our church family and enjoy some fun fellowship. We meet in
the Library, Wednesday nights at 7:00pm.
- First Baptist Cares is
seeking Military addresses of your loved ones. They can be state side or
overseas. We also want e-mail addresses if you have them. We would like to
encourage those who bravely serve our country. Thanks!!!
- Monday Night Promise Keepers: First and Third Mondays. Call Monte
Krueger at 236-9217 for info.
- Tuesday Night Promise Keepers: First and Third Tuesdays at 7:30pm at Rob
Gwin's home. Call Rob at 234-1563 for more info.
- Friday Promise Keepers meets at the church at 11:30am in the
Saints Alive Room. Bring a sack lunch. Call Bill @ 308-440-1030 or Bob @
- First Baptist Counselor, Angie McDermott, holds a Master's degree
in Counseling and is a Licensed Independent Mental Health Practitioner. She has been with the Church since January of
1997. You can set up an appointment with Angie by calling (308) 293-2220
- If you need to add a loved one to the
prayer chain please call Kathy Adams at 440-2150 or e-mail to
Roger Williams Fellowship:
- Mondays at 5:30pm - RWF Meal and
- Are you interested in becoming an RWF
Booster? See Pastor Zach for details.
Sunday School Hour:
- Agape Sunday School Class:
"God's Solutions for Today's Problems" led by Leroy Giffin.
- Young Adults Sunday School Class: We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- Partners With Christ
Class: "Why We Do What We Do: A Biblical Perspective on Christian
Traditions". Led by Bob Talbitzer.
- Faith Builders Fellowship Group: Faith Builders will begin a
twelve week study of the book "The Twelve Pillars" by Jim Rohn.
- Truth Seekers: NE Quad Room - "Living on the Edge" a
Romans 12 Study.
- Hope Class: "When Life is Hard" by James MacDonald. You
are invited to Hope Class.
- Pathfinders 2 is a new Sunday School Class for family oriented
couples and singles in their 30's - 50's. The Class will feature single topic,
open discussions of current events and Christian applications. We meet
downstairs in the old Youth Room.
- Seeing Yourself as God Sees
You: We meet downstairs in the old Youth Room next to the Young Adults.