Home > Weekly Announcements > Announcements_01-22-12
January 22, 2012
AB Girls of Joy:
- 3rd - 5th Grade
Girls: Today from 2-4pm in the Saints Alive room.
Susie McEntire Concert:
- Today, January 22nd at 5pm
at the church.
13th Annual Chili/Chicken Soup Cook Off:
- February 1st 2012 Church
- Cheap and Highly Superficial Prizes
for Best Name and Taste. Could this be your year to win a spatula or even a
soup spoon? Sign up on the bulletin board. This event has had a few repeat
winners and winners as young as 12. I would encourage all of you to make this a
family activity of cooking with your parents, children and friends. Sponsored
by the Men's Ministry Team. Questions, contact Orin Clinger, Rob Gwin or Bill
- Volunteers are needed to provide
meals for RWF on Monday nights. See the sign-up sheet on the bulletin board in
- Contribution Statements for end of
year are available to be picked up in the Narthex.
Read the Bible in a Year:
- 3 Chapters a day and 5 Chapters on
Children's Christmas Program DVD's:
- Are available for $10 each. Mark your
registration sheet or contact the Church office.
- Games are Saturday from 9-2 at First
Baptist Church and from 2:30-5:30 at Horizon Middle School. Come out and
support your favorite teams!!!
Senior Adult Walk:
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at
CHURCH NIGHT ACTIVITY
- Adult Study
"Leadership in the Church", Women's Class "Key Promises of
God", Financial Peace, Choir, Youth Group, AWANA, Nursery available.
Leadership in the Church:
- Leadership = Influence: Being a
person of influence - what hinders us from this? Wednesday at 7pm.
Senior Adult Potluck:
- Thursday, January 26th at
11:30am. Mary Fitzke has the program on Palliative Care.
- Ladies Prayer Time: Monday Mornings
- Ruth Circle: Wednesday at 9:30am
- Dorcas/Tabitha Circle: Wednesday at
- Women's Bible Study: Friday Mornings
- Tuesday night at 5:30pm
in the Quads. "The Story: Finding Your Story in God's Story". All
Financial Peace University:
- Wednesday nights at
7:00pm. Brian Peterson will be leading the class. Call the Church office if you
Blue Ribbon Committee Meeting:
- May 15-29, 2012. If you
know someone who would like to go please have them call the church at 234-2311
for info. If we don't have enough people the trip will be cancelled.
- Courageous will be shown
for all men and teens at the KRAVE on Sunday, January 29th at 6pm.
Spread the word!
- There are critical moral
issues before the Board of Regents and the State Legislature. Be informed and
influence your representatives.
Preschool Enrollment for 2012-13
- We are giving those
families currently enrolled in preschool and church family their choice of
which session, morning or afternoon, they prefer. The Sessions are: 4-5 year
olds MWF 9-11:30am & 12:30-3pm, 3-4 year olds TTH 9am-11am & 12-2pm.
Registration forms can be picked up at the info desk and dropped off in the
office. Early registration is through the end of January. You may register at
any time, but get your form in soon for the session of your choice, as they
will fill up fast. Open registration begins Feb. 1. $40 registration fee is due
with the registration form. Call 234-2311 for more info.
Preschool Openings for the current school year:
- There are Preschool
openings available in all ages. 4&5 year olds: Monday, Wednesday, Friday.
3&4 year olds: Tuesday and Thursday. Contact the church office for more
First Baptist Cares:
- Please join us to
encourage others in our church family and enjoy some fun fellowship. We meet in
the Library, Wednesday nights at 7:00pm.
- First Baptist Cares is
seeking Military addresses of your loved ones. They can be state side or
overseas. We also want e-mail addresses if you have them. We would like to
encourage those who bravely serve our country. Thanks!!!
- Monday Night Promise Keepers: First and Third Mondays. Call Monte
Krueger at 236-9217 for info.
- Tuesday Night Promise Keepers: First and Third Tuesdays at 7:30pm at Rob
Gwin's home. Call Rob at 234-1563 for more info.
- Friday Promise Keepers meets at the church at 11:30am in the
Saints Alive Room. Bring a sack lunch. Call Bill @ 308-440-1030 or Bob @
- First Baptist Counselor, Angie McDermott, holds a Master's degree
in Counseling and is a Licensed Independent Mental Health Practitioner. She has been with the Church since January of
1997. You can set up an appointment with Angie by calling (308) 293-2220
- If you need to add a loved one to the
prayer chain please call Kathy Adams at 440-2150 or e-mail to
Roger Williams Fellowship:
- Mondays at 5:30pm - RWF Meal and
- Are you interested in becoming an RWF
Booster? See Pastor Zach for details.
Sunday School Hour:
- Agape Sunday School Class:
"God's Solutions for Today's Problems" led by Leroy Giffin.
- Young Adults Sunday School Class: We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- Partners With Christ
Class: "Why We Do What We Do: A Biblical Perspective on Christian
Traditions". Led by Bob Talbitzer.
- Faith Builders Fellowship Group: Faith Builders will begin an
eight week study on Moses and leadership on November 27th. Then we
will study the book "The Twelve Pillars" by Jim Rohn.
- Truth Seekers: NE Quad Room - "Living on the Edge" a
Romans 12 Study.
- Hope Class: "When Life is Hard" by James MacDonald. You
are invited to Hope Class.
- Pathfinders 2 is a new Sunday School Class for family oriented
couples and singles in their 30's - 50's. The Class will feature single topic,
open discussions of current events and Christian applications. We meet
downstairs in the old Youth Room.
- Seeing Yourself as God Sees
You: We meet downstairs in the old Youth Room next to the Young Adults