Home > Weekly Announcements > Announcements_01-15-12
January 15, 2012
Sunday School 3/4 Club:
- The following students were in Sunday
School at least 3/4 of the time during the 4th quarter: Brooke Barth,
Angel Dixon, Faith Edgerton, Julianne Green, Olivia Hanson, Oscar Hanson, Lucas
Hanson, Ian Hanson, Joseph Danielson, Nalani Danielson, Levi Gillming, Collin
Jenkins, Miranda Jenkins, Elliott Lebsack, Betty Lebsack, Brooklyn Liljehorn,
Isaac Liljehorn, Ezekiel Montoya, Destiny Montoya, Shelby Prascher, Jacob
Sindt, Jordan Sindt, Sam Stevens, Catherine Stoner, Gabrielle Van Winkle.
- The following students were in Sunday
School at least 3/4 of the time during the entire year of 2011: Alexis Barth,
Olivia Hanson, Oscar Hanson, Lucas Hanson, Joseph Danielson, Levi Gillming,
Collin Jenkins, Elliott Lebsack, Betty Lebsack, Brooklyn Liljehorn, Sam
Stevens, John Paul Goad, Jayven Brandt, Emily Englund, Miranda Jenkins, Molly
Middle School Girls & Boys Get Together:
- Today from 1:30-3:30 at the Krave
Underground. Concessions will be open or you can bring your own snacks. Please
join us for a time of fellowship/games and music. Please contact Janine Griss
if you have any questions.
Youth Mission Team Biscuit & Gravy Feed:
- Today from 9:30-1:30 in the gym.
Annual Congregation Meeting:
- Today at 5pm. Please come and hear
the annual reports. Bring sandwiches and cookies to share.
AB Girls of Joy:
- 3rd - 5th Grade
Girls: Sunday, January 22nd from 2-4pm in the Saints Alive room.
Susie McEntire Concert:
- Sunday, January 22nd at
5pm at the church.
- Volunteers are needed to provide
meals for RWF on Monday nights. See the sign-up sheet on the bulletin board in
- Contribution Statements for end of
year are available to be picked up in the Narthex.
Read the Bible in a Year:
- 3 Chapters a day and 5 Chapters on
Children's Christmas Program DVD's:
- Are available for $10 each. Mark your
registration sheet or contact the Church office.
S.O.S. Suicide Support Group:
- Monday, January 16th at
- Games are Saturday from 9-2 at First
Baptist Church and from 2:30-5:30 at Horizon Middle School. Come out and
support your favorite teams!!!
Senior Adult Walk:
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at
CHURCH NIGHT ACTIVITY
- Adult Study
"Leadership in the Church", Women's Class "Key Promises of
God", Financial Peace, Choir, Youth Group, AWANA, Nursery available.
- Ladies Prayer Time: Monday Mornings
- Sisters of Ruth: Wednesday at 11:30am
- Hannah Circle: Thursday at 7:00pm
- Sarah Circle: Thursday at 7:00pm
- Women's Bible Study: Friday Mornings
- Tuesday night at 5:30pm
in the Quads. "The Story: Finding Your Story in God's Story". All
Financial Peace University:
- Wednesday nights at
7:00pm. Brian Peterson will be leading the class. Call the Church office if you
- May 15-29, 2012. If you
know someone who would like to go please have them call the church at 234-2311
for info. If we don't have enough people the trip will be cancelled.
Ties that Bind Ministry:
Preschool Enrollment for 2012-13
- We are giving those
families currently enrolled in preschool and church family their choice of
which session, morning or afternoon, they prefer. The Sessions are: 4-5 year
olds MWF 9-11:30am & 12:30-3pm, 3-4 year olds TTH 9am-11am & 12-2pm.
Registration forms can be picked up at the info desk and dropped off in the
office. Early registration is through the end of January. You may register at any
time, but get your form in soon for the session of your choice, as they will
fill up fast. Open registration begins Feb. 1. $40 registration fee is due with
the registration form. Call 234-2311 for more info.
Preschool Openings for the Current School Year:
- There are Preschool openings
available in all ages. 4&5 year olds: Monday, Wednesday, Friday. 3&4
year olds: Tuesday and Thursday. Contact the church office for more info.
First Baptist Cares:
- Please join us to
encourage others in our church family and enjoy some fun fellowship. We meet in
the Library, Wednesday nights at 7:00pm.
- First Baptist Cares is
seeking Military addresses of your loved ones. They can be state side or
overseas. We also want e-mail addresses if you have them. We would like to
encourage those who bravely serve our country. Thanks!!!
- Monday Night Promise Keepers: First and Third Mondays. Call Monte
Krueger at 236-9217 for info.
- Tuesday Night Promise Keepers: First and Third Tuesdays at 7:30pm at Rob
Gwin's home. Call Rob at 234-1563 for more info.
- Friday Promise Keepers meets at the church at 11:30am in the
Saints Alive Room. Bring a sack lunch. Call Bill @ 308-440-1030 or Bob @
- First Baptist Counselor, Angie McDermott, holds a Master's degree
in Counseling and is a Licensed Independent Mental Health Practitioner. She has been with the Church since January of
1997. You can set up an appointment with Angie by calling (308) 293-2220
- If you need to add a loved one to the
prayer chain please call Kathy Adams at 440-2150 or e-mail to
Roger Williams Fellowship:
- Mondays at 5:30pm - RWF Meal and
- Are you interested in becoming an RWF
Booster? See Pastor Zach for details.
Sunday School Hour:
- Agape Sunday School Class:
"God's Solutions for Today's Problems" led by Leroy Giffin.
- Young Adults Sunday School Class: We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- Partners With Christ
Class: "Why We Do What We Do: A Biblical Perspective on Christian
Traditions". Led by Bob Talbitzer.
- Faith Builders Fellowship Group: Faith Builders will begin an
eight week study on Moses and leadership on November 27th. Then we
will study the book "The Twelve Pillars" by Jim Rohn.
- Truth Seekers: NE Quad Room - "Living on the Edge" a
Romans 12 Study.
- Hope Class: "When Life is Hard" by James MacDonald. You
are invited to Hope Class.
- Pathfinders 2 is a new Sunday School Class for family oriented
couples and singles in their 30's - 50's. The Class will feature single topic,
open discussions of current events and Christian applications. We meet
downstairs in the old Youth Room.
- Seeing Yourself as God Sees
You: We meet downstairs in the old Youth Room next to the Young Adults.