Home > Weekly Announcements > Announcements_01-01-12
January 1, 2012
- Volunteers are needed to provide
meals for RWF on Monday nights. See the sign-up sheet on the bulletin board in
Youth Leaders Meeting:
Children's Christmas Program DVD's:
- Are available for $10 each. Mark your
registration sheet or contact the Church office.
Middle School Girls & Boys Get Together:
- Sunday, January 15th from
1:30-3:30 at the Krave Underground. Concessions will be open or you can bring
your own snacks. Please join us for a time of fellowship/games and music.
Please contact Janine Griss if you have any questions.
Youth Mission Team Biscuit & Gravy Feed:
- January 15th from
9:30-1:30 in the gym.
- For Marci Walker: January 8th
from 1-3pm in the Quad Room. Marci has been a long time member of First Baptist
and is moving to Phoenix to be closer to her son. Please join us to say goodbye
and wish her well. Coffee and cookies will be served. Call Sharon @ 233-7737 or
Patty at 238-1100 if you would like to help.
- Upward is asking for donations for
Practice Basketballs for the upcoming season. Sizes needed are 25" for
Kindergarten, 27 1/2" for 1st & 2nd grades, and
28 1/2" for all other grades or mark your gift "Upward
Senior Adult Walk:
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at
Christian Business Men's Lunch:
- Friday at 12pm at the
CHURCH NIGHT ACTIVITY
- Church Night Meal at
- Adult Study, Women's
Class, Choir, Youth Group, AWANA, Nursery available.
- Ladies Prayer Time: Monday Mornings
- Women's Bible Study: Friday Mornings
- Tuesday night at 5:30pm
in the Quads. "The Story: Finding Your Story in God's Story". All
Boards and Committees:
- January 12th. Please plan
to attend these important meetings to begin planning the new year.
Financial Peace University:
- Will be offered on
Wednesday, Jan. 4th at 7:00pm. Mark your registration sheet FPU Class Interest
and include your phone number and email address. Brian Peterson will be leading
the class. Call the Church office if you have questions.
- May 15-29, 2012. After
November 30th, reservations will be opened to those outside our
church family. Contact Pastor Stan for more info.
- There are Preschool
openings available in all ages. 4&5 year olds: Monday, Wednesday, Friday.
3&4 year olds: Tuesday and Thursday. Contact the church office for more
First Baptist Cares:
- Please join us to
encourage others in our church family and enjoy some fun fellowship. We meet in
the Library, Wednesday nights at 7:00pm.
- First Baptist Cares is
seeking Military addresses of your loved ones. They can be state side or
overseas. We also want e-mail addresses if you have them. We would like to encourage
those who bravely serve our country. Thanks!!!
- Monday Night Promise Keepers: First and Third Mondays. Call Monte
Krueger at 236-9217 for info. Will not
meet Monday, January 2nd.
- Tuesday Night Promise Keepers: First and Third Tuesdays at 7:30pm at Rob
Gwin's home. Call Rob at 234-1563 for more info.
- Friday Promise Keepers meets at the church at 11:30am in the
Saints Alive Room. Bring a sack lunch. Call Bill @ 308-440-1030 or Bob @
- First Baptist Counselor, Angie McDermott, holds a Master's degree
in Counseling and is a Licensed Independent Mental Health Practitioner. She has been with the Church since January of
1997. You can set up an appointment with Angie by calling (308) 293-2220
- If you need to add a loved one to the
prayer chain please call Kathy Adams at 440-2150 or e-mail to
Roger Williams Fellowship:
- Mondays at 5:30pm - RWF Meal and
- Are you interested in becoming an RWF
Booster? See Pastor Zach for details.
Sunday School Hour:
- Agape Sunday School Class:
"God's Solutions for Today's Problems" led by Leroy Giffin.
- Young Adults Sunday School Class: We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- Partners With Christ
Class: "Why We Do What We Do: A Biblical Perspective on Christian
Traditions". Led by Bob Talbitzer.
- Faith Builders Fellowship Group: Faith Builders will begin an
eight week study on Moses and leadership on November 27th. Then we
will study the book "The Twelve Pillars" by Jim Rohn.
- Truth Seekers: NE Quad Room - "Living on the Edge" a
Romans 12 Study.
- Hope Class: "When Life is Hard" by James MacDonald. You
are invited to Hope Class.
- Pathfinders 2 is a new Sunday School Class for family oriented
couples and singles in their 30's - 50's. The Class will feature single topic,
open discussions of current events and Christian applications. We meet
downstairs in the old Youth Room.
- Seeing Yourself as God Sees
You: We meet downstairs in the old Youth Room next to the Young Adults.