Home > Home > Weekly Announcements > Announcements_03-16-14
March 16, 2014
March Memory Verse:
- John 10:11 "I am the good
shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep."
Read the Bible in a Year:
- 3 Chapters a day and 5 Chapters on
Special Congregational Meeting:
- There will be a special
congregational meeting about the planning of the building committee and hiring
a financial fundraising firm. This meeting will be held on March 23rd at 5pm.
- Ladies, you are invited to a Baby
Shower for Mallory Dougherty today at 2:00pm in the Quad Room. She is
registered at Target.
Senior Adult Walk:
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at
Roger Williams Fellowship:
- RWF Dinner and Devotions:
Monday at 5:30pm.
Financial Peace University:
- Monday evenings at 6:30 at
the North Campus. Contact Brian Peterson at 627-5036 for more info.
Grace University Band Concert:
- Monday, March 17th at 7pm
at First Baptist Church - Kearney.
Tuesday Morning Men's Group:
- Starting March 4th.
Tuesdays at 6:30am. For faith to stand strong - 1 Cor. 16:13. In the Friends
- Tuesday at 5:30pm.
"Who Do You Think You Are?"
Church Night Activities:
- Adult Study "Introduction and
Beginning of Exodus" in the Quads, Women's Study, Choir, Youth, BOLD, AWANA,
Men's Bible Study:
Youth Lunch Bunch:
- Ladies Prayer Time: Monday Mornings
- Sarah Circle: Tuesday at 7:00pm
- Sisters of Ruth: Wednesday at 11:30am
- Hannah Circle: Thursday at 7:00pm
- Women's Bible Study: Friday Mornings
- Thursday, March 20th at
- Thursday at 7pm. This week's
topic: Pass of Fail? The State of Education.
Lifetree Cafe Roots Session:
- Sunday, March 30th at 5pm
at the North Campus. Want to know more about Lifetree? Have questions about
Lifetree? Want to be a part of the Lifetree Cafe Team? Just curious about
Lifetree Cafe? Come join us!
Jr. and Sr. High Girls Study:
- "Speak Love"
Bible Study. Every Sunday at 3:30pm beginning February 2nd at the North Campus.
Moms are encouraged to attend if they would like. Refreshments will be
provided. Hope to see you there!!!
Nursery Help Needed:
- Paid and volunteer
positions available. Paid workers must be available every Sunday from 7:30am -
1pm and Wednesday from 6:30pm - 9pm (this is tentative). All applicants must be
willing to obtain required training. Applications available in the office and
on the bulletin board and can be returned to Sam's mailbox or to Victoria.
Sr. High Mission Trip:
- Rainbow Acres, Camp Verde
AZ. Cost is $150 plus meals. Register by April 1st. Ask Pastor Kevin for
- Please know that valet
parking is available before and after both services. Whether young or old, the
Valet Team is here to help you!
Living Proof Live with Beth Moore:
- Denver, July 25-26, 2014.
Early bird registration of $59 ends March 25th. Call 800-254-2022 or go to
lifeway.com/livingproof to register.
VBS Decorating Info Meeting:
- Volunteers Needed. Info
meeting March 23rd during Sunday School in the Conference Room. Contact Holly
Peterson at 224-4062 with questions.
First Baptist Cares:
- Please join us to
encourage others in our church family and enjoy some fun fellowship. We meet in
the Library, Wednesday nights at 7:00pm.
- First Baptist Cares is
seeking Military addresses of your loved ones. They can be state side or
overseas. We also want e-mail addresses if you have them. We would like to
encourage those who bravely serve our country. Thanks!!!
- Friday Promise Keepers, 11:30am, Saints Alive Room. Bring a sack
lunch. Call Bill @ 440-1030 or Bob @ 893-9217.
- Monday Night Promise Keepers, Monte Krueger's Home, 1705 6th Ave @
7 pm, 1st & 3rd Monday, Questions call 236-9217
- Tuesday Night Promise Keepers, Rob Gwin's Home @ 7:30 pm, 1st
& 3rd Tuesday, Questions call 234-1563
- First Baptist Counselor, Angie McDermott, holds a Master's degree
in Counseling and is a Licensed Independent Mental Health Practitioner. She has been with the Church since January of
1997. You can set up an appointment with Angie by calling (308) 293-2220
- If you need to add a loved one to the
prayer chain please call Krystal Arehart at 308-293-0645 or email to
Prayer Chain by Phone:
- If you would like to receive Prayer
Chain via phone, please contact Karen Vogt at 234-9330 or Terri Lind at
Videos of the Service:
- Please note that you may now WATCH
the worship service. It will be online by Sunday afternoons. Go to
www.kearneyfirstbaptist.org then go to video library and choose the service you
- Help Needed: Part-time Head
Teacher/Director at First Baptist Christian Preschool. Contact the office for
- Preschool times and rates have
changed for 2014-2015. It is hopeful that the change in hours will benefit the
families who have school age children and working parents. The preschool
sessions are 4 & 5 yr olds MWF 8:30-11:00am or 12:15-2:45pm at $95/month
and 3&4 yr olds Tues. & Thurs. 8:30am - 11am @ $85/month. We are taking
registrations now. Register soon to get the session of your choice. Forms
available in the office or at the info desk. Please include $40 registration
fee with your registration form or your spot cannot be held.
Sunday School Hour:
- Beginning March 9th: Basics of Christianity:
Meeting in the Pathfinder's Room
- Beginning March 9th: Newcomers Class:
Meeting in the Choir Room
- Young Adults Sunday School Class: We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- The College Sunday School Class meets
in the Library
- Friends Class: Meets in the Friends
room and studies a variety of topics.
- Saints Alive Class: Meets in the
- Servants and Friends: We meet in the
Gym and study a variety of topics.
- Truth Seekers: We meet in the North
East Quad Room.
- Faith Builders Fellowship Group: We
meet in the SE Quad room. "Life Without Limits" by Nick Vujicic.
- Pathfinders 2: Ministry for middle
agers (stage of life). Biblical principles applied weekly to today's family
issues and current worldly events. All are welcome.
- What In the World is Going On? A DVD study by Turning Point's Dr.
David Jeremiah. Come and learn with us in Hope Class.
- Unshackled: We meet in the SW Quad.
- Agape Sunday School Class: "Joshua" led by Leroy Giffin
- Partners With Christ Class: We are studying the Sermon on the Mount.
- Young Adults Class: Join us for an hour of fellowship and study.
We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- Bible Expo Class: We are studying Ephesians. We meet in the Lower