Home > Weekly Announcements > Announcements_02-09-14
February 9, 2014
February Memory Verse:
- 1 Corinthians 12:27 "Now you are
the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it."
Read the Bible in a Year:
- 3 Chapters a day and 5 Chapters on
- Membership Class Sundays at 9:30am in
the Choir Room. All ages are welcome.
- RWF Cooks are needed. Talk to Pastor
Zach for an open date. 308-390-2308.
Youth Leaders Meeting:
Youth Praise Band:
Sarah Circle Valentine's Day Party:
Live Gospel Music:
Senior Adult Walk:
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at
Lunch with the Three Stooges:
Communication and Learning" Monday at the Lighthouse Center from noon -
1pm. Bring your lunch.
Roger Williams Fellowship:
- RWF Dinner and Devotions:
Monday at 5:30pm.
Financial Peace University:
- Monday evenings at 6:30
at the North Campus. Contact Brian Peterson at 627-5036 for more info.
S.O.S. Suicide Support Group:
- Tuesday at 5:30pm.
"Who Do You Think You Are?"
Rebekah Anna Circle:
ABWM Valentine Cheer Plates:
- Wednesday, Feb. 12th at 9am.
Church Night Activities:
- Adult Study "The Books of
Moses" in the Quads, Women's Study, Choir, Youth, 5th & 6th Grade
group in the Pathfinder's Room, AWANA, Nursery available.
- Church Night Study:
"Introduction and Beginning of Exodus" starting February 12th at 7pm
in the Quads.
Men's Bible Study:
Youth Lunch Bunch:
- Ladies Prayer Time: Monday Mornings
- Women's Bible Study: Friday Mornings
Senior Men's Fellowship:
- Thursday, February 13th
at 3pm in the Quads. We will be viewing a DVD on the WWII North Platte Canteen
- Thursday at 7pm. This week's
topic: Finding the Family I Never Knew. A story of separation, adoption and
New Building Committee:
Valentines' Date Night:
- Friday, February 14th
from 6-8:30pm. Drop off children at First Baptist and enjoy a night off!!! For
more info, contact Pastor Sean.
- Meeting Monday, February
17th in the Saints Alive Room from 4:30-5:30pm. The focus is Missions.
Game Night is Back!!!
- February 21st at 7pm. Sign
up to be a guest or host. Bring finger foods and a game to play. Come prepared
to have a fun night. Get to know your church family better. See today's
bulletin for details.
Jr. and Sr. High Girls Study:
- "Speak Love"
Bible Study. Every Sunday at 3:30pm beginning February 2nd at the North Campus.
Moms are encouraged to attend if they would like. Refreshments will be
provided. Hope to see you there!!!
Nursery Help Needed:
- Paid and volunteer
positions available. Paid workers must be available every Sunday from 7:30am -
1pm and Wednesday from 6:30pm - 9pm (this is tentative). All applicants must be
willing to obtain required training. Applications available in the office and
can be returned to Sam's mailbox in the office by February 3rd.
Thailand Mission Team 2014:
- January 29th - February
13th to Pha dang Nua village Fresh Water Project. Your prayers are appreciated.
Sr. High Mission Trip:
- Rainbow Acres, Camp Verde
AZ. Cost is $150 plus meals. Register by April 1st. Ask Pastor Kevin for
- Please know that valet
parking is available before and after both services. Whether young or old, the
Valet Team is here to help you!
2014 Church Family Directory:
- The 2014 Church Family
Directory is ready to pick up in the Narthex. Get your copy today!
First Baptist Cares:
- Please join us to
encourage others in our church family and enjoy some fun fellowship. We meet in
the Library, Wednesday nights at 7:00pm.
- First Baptist Cares is
seeking Military addresses of your loved ones. They can be state side or overseas.
We also want e-mail addresses if you have them. We would like to encourage
those who bravely serve our country. Thanks!!!
- Friday Promise Keepers, 11:30am, Saints Alive Room. Bring a sack
lunch. Call Bill @ 440-1030 or Bob @ 893-9217.
- Monday Night Promise Keepers, Monte Krueger's Home, 1705 6th Ave @
7 pm, 1st & 3rd Monday, Questions call 236-9217
- Tuesday Night Promise Keepers, Rob Gwin's Home @ 7:30 pm, 1st
& 3rd Tuesday, Questions call 234-1563
- First Baptist Counselor, Angie McDermott, holds a Master's degree
in Counseling and is a Licensed Independent Mental Health Practitioner. She has been with the Church since January of
1997. You can set up an appointment with Angie by calling (308) 293-2220
- If you need to add a loved one to the
prayer chain please call Krystal Arehart at 308-293-0645 or email to
Videos of the Service:
- Please note that you may now WATCH
the worship service. It will be online by Sunday afternoons. Go to
www.kearneyfirstbaptist.org then go to video library and choose the service you
- Preschool times and rates have
changed for 2014-2015. It is hopeful that the change in hours will benefit the
families who have school age children and working parents. The preschool
sessions are 4 & 5 yr olds MWF 8:30-11:00am or 12:15-2:45pm at $95/month
and 3&4 yr olds Tues. & Thurs. 8:30am - 11am @ $85/month. We are taking
registrations now. Register soon to get the session of your choice. Forms
available in the office or at the info desk. Please include $40 registration
fee with your registration form or your spot cannot be held.
Sunday School Hour:
- Young Adults Sunday School Class: We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- The College Sunday School Class meets
in the Library
- Friends Class: Meets in the Friends
room and studies a variety of topics.
- Saints Alive Class: Meets in the
- Servants and Friends: We meet in the
Gym and study a variety of topics.
- Truth Seekers: We meet in the North
East Quad Room.
- Faith Builders Fellowship Group: We
meet in the SE Quad room. "Life Without Limits" by Nick Vujicic.
- Pathfinders 2: Ministry for middle
agers (stage of life). Biblical principles applied weekly to today's family
issues and current worldly events. All are welcome.
- What In the World is Going On? A DVD study by Turning Point's Dr.
David Jeremiah. Come and learn with us in Hope Class.
- Unshackled: We meet in the SW Quad.
- Agape Sunday School Class: "Joshua" led by Leroy Giffin
- Partners With Christ Class: We are studying the Sermon on the
Mount. Join us!
- Young Adults Class: Join us for an hour of fellowship and study.
We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- Bible Expo Class: We are studying Ephesians. We meet in the Lower