Home > Home > Weekly Announcements > Announcements_01-19-14
January 19, 2014
January Memory Verse:
- Deuteronomy 6:5 "Love the Lord
your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your
Read the Bible in a Year:
- 3 Chapters a day and 5 Chapters on
- Membership Class will start on
January 12th at 9:30am in the Choir Room. All ages are welcome.
Annual Congregation Meeting:
- Today at 5pm. Bring
finger foods to share.
Senior Adult Walk:
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at
- Monday, January 20th at
4:30pm. We will be making the decorations for the cheer plates that the ABWM
deliver for Valentine's Day. Questions, call Kathy at 440-2150 or Cresta at
Roger Williams Fellowship:
- RWF Dinner and Devotions:
Monday at 5:30pm.
- Tuesday at 5:30pm.
"Who Do You Think You Are?"
Church Night Activities:
- Adult Study "The Books of
Moses" in the Quads, Women's Study, Choir, Youth, 5th & 6th Grade
group in the Pathfinder's Room, AWANA, Nursery available.
Men's Bible Study:
Youth Lunch Bunch:
Senior Adult Potluck:
- Thursday, Jan. 23rd at
11:30am. Bring a dish to share. Father Bob Rooney will share his life story.
- Ladies Prayer Time: Monday Mornings
- Ruth Circle: Wednesday at 9:30am
- Dorcas/Tabitha Circle: Wednesday at
- Women's Bible Study: Friday Mornings
- Thursday at 7pm. This week's
topic: Care for Caregivers: Meeting the unique needs of those who sacrifice for
Financial Peace University:
- Beginning January 27th at
North Campus. Contact Brian Peterson at 627-5036 for more info.
15th Annual Chili/Chicken Soup Cook Off:
- February 5th Church Night
Meal. Sign up on the Bulletin Board.
Upward Basketball Refs Needed:
- Contact Mike at
Jr. and Sr. High Girls Study:
- "Speak Love"
Bible Study. Every Sunday at 3:30pm beginning February 2nd at the North Campus.
Moms are encouraged to attend if they would like. Refreshments will be
provided. Hope to see you there!!!
Nursery Help Needed:
- Paid and volunteer
positions available. Paid workers must be available every Sunday from 7:30am -
1pm and Wednesday from 6:30pm - 9pm (this is tentative). All applicants must be
willing to obtain required training. Applications available in the office and
can be returned to Sam's mailbox in the office by February 3rd.
Thailand Mission Team 2014:
- January 29th - February
13th to Pha dang Nua village Fresh Water Project. Your prayers are appreciated.
First Baptist Cares:
- Please join us to
encourage others in our church family and enjoy some fun fellowship. We meet in
the Library, Wednesday nights at 7:00pm.
- First Baptist Cares is
seeking Military addresses of your loved ones. They can be state side or
overseas. We also want e-mail addresses if you have them. We would like to
encourage those who bravely serve our country. Thanks!!!
- Friday Promise Keepers, 11:30am, Saints Alive Room. Bring a sack
lunch. Call Bill @ 440-1030 or Bob @ 893-9217.
- Monday Night Promise Keepers, Monte Krueger's Home, 1705 6th Ave @
7 pm, 1st & 3rd Monday, Questions call 236-9217
- Tuesday Night Promise Keepers, Rob Gwin's Home @ 7:30 pm, 1st
& 3rd Tuesday, Questions call 234-1563
- First Baptist Counselor, Angie McDermott, holds a Master's degree
in Counseling and is a Licensed Independent Mental Health Practitioner. She has been with the Church since January of
1997. You can set up an appointment with Angie by calling (308) 293-2220
- If you need to add a loved one to the
prayer chain please call Krystal Arehart at 308-293-0645 or email to
Videos of the Service:
- Please note that you may now WATCH
the worship service. It will be online by Sunday afternoons. Go to
www.kearneyfirstbaptist.org then go to video library and choose the service you
- Preschool times and rates have
changed for 2014-2015. It is hopeful that the change in hours will benefit the
families who have school age children and working parents. The preschool
sessions are 4 & 5 yr olds MWF 8:30-11:00am or 12:15-2:45pm at $95/month
and 3&4 yr olds Tues. & Thurs. 8:30am - 11am @ $85/month. We are taking
registrations now. Register soon to get the session of your choice. Forms
available in the office or at the info desk. Please include $40 registration
fee with your registration form or your spot cannot be held.
Sunday School Hour:
- Young Adults Sunday School Class: We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- The College Sunday School Class meets
in the Library
- Friends Class: Meets in the Friends
room and studies a variety of topics.
- Saints Alive Class: Meets in the
- Servants and Friends: We meet in the
Gym and study a variety of topics.
- Truth Seekers: We meet in the North
East Quad Room.
- Faith Builders Fellowship Group: We
meet in the SE Quad room. "Life Without Limits" by Nick Vujicic.
- Pathfinders 2: Ministry for middle
agers (stage of life). Biblical principles applied weekly to today's family
issues and current worldly events. All are welcome.
- What In the World is Going On? A DVD study by Turning Point's Dr.
David Jeremiah. Come and learn with us in Hope Class.
- Unshackled: We meet in the SW Quad.
- Agape Sunday School Class: "Joshua" led by Leroy Giffin
- Partners With Christ Class: We are studying the Sermon on the
Mount. Join us!
- Young Adults Class: Join us for an hour of fellowship and study.
We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- Bible Expo Class: We are studying Ephesians. We meet in the Lower