Home > Weekly Announcements > Announcements_01-05-14
January 5, 2014
January Memory Verse:
- Deuteronomy 6:5 "Love the Lord
your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your
Read the Bible in a Year:
- 3 Chapters a day and 5 Chapters on
- Membership Class will start on
January 12th at 9:30am in the Choir Room. All ages are welcome.
All Church Reception:
- For Pastor Sean & Mallory
Dougherty: Sunday, January 12th from 2-4pm in the Lower Level. Come welcome our
n ew pastor. Gift Cards for household items welcome.
- Upward Basketball is still in need of
coaches and refs. Contact Mike @ 234-2311 for more info.
Senior Adult Walk:
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at
- Tuesday at 5:30pm.
"Who Do You Think You Are?"
- Bell Choir starts again
January 14th at 7pm in the Choir Room. New Members Welcome!
ABWM Baked Potato Bar:
- Wednesday, January 8th at
Church Night Activities:
- Church Night Meal: 6pm Wednesday.
Join us in the gym!
- Adult Study "The Books of
Moses" in the Quads, Women's Study, Choir, Youth, 5th & 6th Grade
group in the Pathfinder's Room, AWANA, Nursery available.
Men's Bible Study:
Youth Lunch Bunch:
Sr. Men's Coffee:
- ALL BOARDS & COMMITTEES: Thursday
Ladies Prayer Time: Monday Mornings
- Women's Bible Study: Friday Mornings
- Thursday at 7pm. This week's
topic: Dangerous Food: Is your supermarket killing you?
Youth Praise Band:
All Board and Committee Chairs and Ministry
- Your annual reports are
due. Please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org or bring a copy in
to the office as soon as possible. Thanks!
- Part Time Custodian:
Evenings Monday - Thursday and variable weekend hours. Some snow removal, light
maintenance and janitorial duties. Max 24 hours per week. $15/hour. Apply in
Financial Peace University:
- Beginning January 27th at
North Campus. Contact Brian Peterson at 627-5036 for more info.
He Man Gardening and Canning Club:
- Please plan on attending
a 15 minute meeting following Men's Breakfast on January 18th. Isaiah 61:11
First Baptist Cares:
- Please join us to
encourage others in our church family and enjoy some fun fellowship. We meet in
the Library, Wednesday nights at 7:00pm.
- First Baptist Cares is
seeking Military addresses of your loved ones. They can be state side or
overseas. We also want e-mail addresses if you have them. We would like to
encourage those who bravely serve our country. Thanks!!!
- Friday Promise Keepers, 11:30am, Saints Alive Room. Bring a sack
lunch. Call Bill @ 440-1030 or Bob @ 893-9217.
- Monday Night Promise Keepers, Monte Krueger's Home, 1705 6th Ave @
7 pm, 1st & 3rd Monday, Questions call 236-9217
- Tuesday Night Promise Keepers, Rob Gwin's Home @ 7:30 pm, 1st
& 3rd Tuesday, Questions call 234-1563
- First Baptist Counselor, Angie McDermott, holds a Master's degree
in Counseling and is a Licensed Independent Mental Health Practitioner. She has been with the Church since January of
1997. You can set up an appointment with Angie by calling (308) 293-2220
- If you need to add a loved one to the
prayer chain please call Krystal Arehart at 308-293-0645 or email to
Videos of the Service:
- Please note that you may now WATCH
the worship service. It will be online by Sunday afternoons. Go to
www.kearneyfirstbaptist.org then go to video library and choose the service
Sunday School Hour:
- Young Adults Sunday School Class: We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- The College Sunday School Class meets
in the Library
- Friends Class: Meets in the Friends
room and studies a variety of topics.
- Saints Alive Class: Meets in the
- Servants and Friends: We meet in the
Gym and study a variety of topics.
- Truth Seekers: We meet in the North
East Quad Room.
- Faith Builders Fellowship Group: We
meet in the SE Quad room. "Life Without Limits" by Nick Vujicic.
- Pathfinders 2: Ministry for middle
agers (stage of life). Biblical principles applied weekly to today's family
issues and current worldly events. All are welcome.
- What In the World is Going On? A DVD study by Turning Point's Dr.
David Jeremiah. Come and learn with us in Hope Class.
- Unshackled: We meet in the SW Quad.
- Agape Sunday School Class: "Joshua" led by Leroy Giffin
- Partners With Christ Class: We are studying the Sermon on the
Mount. Join us!
- Young Adults Class: Join us for an hour of fellowship and study.
We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- Bible Expo Class: We are studying Ephesians. We meet in the Lower