Home > Weekly Announcements > Announcements_12-29-13
December 29, 2013
December Memory Verse:
- Isaiah 9:2 "The people walking
in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of the shadow
of death a light has dawned."
Read the Bible in a Year:
- 3 Chapters a day and 5 Chapters on
- Membership Class will start on
January 12th at 9:30am in the Choir Room. All ages are welcome.
Senior Adult Walk:
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at
Senior Adult New Year's Eve Party
- December 31st from 3-5pm.
Bring finger foods and games to share.
- Bell Choir practice is
Tuesday night at 7pm in the choir room.
- The church office will be
closed at noon New Year's Eve and all day New Year's Day.
Men's Bible Study:
- Ladies Prayer Time: Monday Mornings
- Women's Bible Study: Friday Mornings
- Thursday at 7pm. This week's
topic: Does God Have a Plan for You?
Christian Business Men's Lunch:
- Friday at Noon at the
All Board and Committee Chairs and Ministry
- Your annual reports are
due. Please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org or bring a copy in
to the office as soon as possible. Thanks!
Year End Contributions:
- As a reminder, Year End
Contributions need to be at the church by 10am on December 31st.
- Part Time Custodian:
Evenings Monday - Thursday and variable weekend hours. Some snow removal, light
maintenance and janitorial duties. Max 24 hours per week. $15/hour. Apply in
Financial Peace University:
- Beginning in January.
Watch for details.
- For Lindsey Petersen
Morris and baby Nora. Saturday, January 4th at 2pm. All Ladies invited.
Questions, call Julie Brooker at 308-627-5145.
ABWM Baked Potato Bar:
- Wednesday, January 8th at
Church Night Study:
- Starting Wednesday,
January 8th at 7pm. "The Books of Moses" In the Quad Rooms.
First Baptist Cares:
- Please join us to
encourage others in our church family and enjoy some fun fellowship. We meet in
the Library, Wednesday nights at 7:00pm.
- First Baptist Cares is
seeking Military addresses of your loved ones. They can be state side or
overseas. We also want e-mail addresses if you have them. We would like to
encourage those who bravely serve our country. Thanks!!!
- Friday Promise Keepers, 11:30am, Saints Alive Room. Bring a sack
lunch. Call Bill @ 440-1030 or Bob @ 893-9217.
- Monday Night Promise Keepers, Monte Krueger's Home, 1705 6th Ave @
7 pm, 1st & 3rd Monday, Questions call 236-9217
- Tuesday Night Promise Keepers, Rob Gwin's Home @ 7:30 pm, 1st
& 3rd Tuesday, Questions call 234-1563
- First Baptist Counselor, Angie McDermott, holds a Master's degree
in Counseling and is a Licensed Independent Mental Health Practitioner. She has been with the Church since January of
1997. You can set up an appointment with Angie by calling (308) 293-2220
- If you need to add a loved one to the
prayer chain please call Krystal Arehart at 308-293-0645 or email to
Videos of the Service:
- Please note that you may now WATCH
the worship service. It will be online by Sunday afternoons. Go to
www.kearneyfirstbaptist.org then go to video library and choose th-e service
Sunday School Hour:
- Young Adults Sunday School Class: We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- The College Sunday School Class meets
in the Library
- Friends Class: Meets in the Friends
room and studies a variety of topics.
- Saints Alive Class: Meets in the
- Servants and Friends: We meet in the
Gym and study a variety of topics.
- Truth Seekers: We meet in the North
East Quad Room.
- Faith Builders Fellowship Group: We
meet in the SE Quad room. "Life Without Limits" by Nick Vujicic.
- Pathfinders 2: Ministry for middle
agers (stage of life). Biblical principles applied weekly to today's family
issues and current worldly events. All are welcome.
- What In the World is Going On? A DVD study by Turning Point's Dr.
David Jeremiah. Come and learn with us in Hope Class.
- Unshackled: We meet in the SW Quad.
- Agape Sunday School Class: "Joshua" led by Leroy Giffin
- Partners With Christ Class: We are studying the Sermon on the
Mount. Join us!
- Young Adults Class: Join us for an hour of fellowship and study.
We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- Bible Expo Class: We are studying Ephesians. We meet in the Lower