Home > Weekly Announcements > Announcements_12-15-13
December 15, 2013
December Memory Verse:
- Isaiah 9:2 "The people walking
in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of the shadow
of death a light has dawned."
Read the Bible in a Year:
- 3 Chapters a day and 5 Chapters on
- Membership Class will start on
January 12th at 9:30am in the Choir Room. All ages are welcome.
Senior Adult Walk:
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at
New Building Finance Committee:
- Who Do You Think You Are? Finding your true identity in Christ. Virtuous
Women's Bible Study meets Tuesday nights at 5:30pm.
- Bell Choir practice is
Tuesday night at 7pm in the choir room.
Preschool Christmas Program:
- All Church Caroling! Come and join
the fun at 7pm. Cocoa and cookies to follow. Bring a dozen to share.
Men's Bible Study:
- Thursday from Noon - 6pm.
- Ladies Prayer Time: Monday Mornings
- Sisters of Ruth: Wednesday at 11:30am
- Dorcas/Tabitha Circle: Wednesday at
- Sarah Circle Christmas Party:
Thursday at 7pm.
- Women's Bible Study: Friday Mornings
- Thursday at 7pm. This
week's topic: Overcoming Hardship: A father and son beat the odds.
Christmas Care Tree:
- All Care Tree Gifts need
to be turned in TODAY! If you haven't gotten your gift to the church, please
call Val Gwin at 308-390-9861 to make arrangements.
- If you would like to
donate a poinsettia for the sanctuary, please purchase one at your favorite
florist and let Angie know what you would like printed in the bulletin. Consider
a silk one to be used year after year.
- Christmas with Crystal:
Sunday December 15th at 4pm.
- Baby's First Christmas:
December 22nd at both services. If you have had a baby born in 2013, please
come celebrate with us.
- All Church Caroling will
be December 18th at 7pm. Come and join the fun!!! Cocoa and Cookies following
at the church. Bring a dozen to share.
- Candlelight Christmas Eve
Services: Dec. 24th at 6pm and 10pm.
All Board and Committee Chairs and Ministry
- Your annual reports are
due. Please email them to email@example.com or bring a copy in
to the office as soon as possible. Thanks!
Year End Contributions:
- As a reminder, Year End
Contributions need to be at the church by 10am on December 31st.
First Baptist Cares:
- Please join us to
encourage others in our church family and enjoy some fun fellowship. We meet in
the Library, Wednesday nights at 7:00pm.
- First Baptist Cares is
seeking Military addresses of your loved ones. They can be state side or
overseas. We also want e-mail addresses if you have them. We would like to
encourage those who bravely serve our country. Thanks!!!
- Friday Promise Keepers, 11:30am, Saints Alive Room. Bring a sack
lunch. Call Bill @ 440-1030 or Bob @ 893-9217.
- Monday Night Promise Keepers, Monte Krueger's Home, 1705 6th Ave @
7 pm, 1st & 3rd Monday, Questions call 236-9217
- Tuesday Night Promise Keepers, Rob Gwin's Home @ 7:30 pm, 1st
& 3rd Tuesday, Questions call 234-1563
- First Baptist Counselor, Angie McDermott, holds a Master's degree
in Counseling and is a Licensed Independent Mental Health Practitioner. She has been with the Church since January of
1997. You can set up an appointment with Angie by calling (308) 293-2220
- If you need to add a loved one to the
prayer chain please call Krystal Arehart at 308-293-0645 or email to
Videos of the Service:
- Please note that you may now WATCH
the worship service. It will be online by Sunday afternoons. Go to
www.kearneyfirstbaptist.org then go to video library and choose the service
Sunday School Hour:
- Young Adults Sunday School Class: We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- The College Sunday School Class meets
in the Library
- Friends Class: Meets in the Friends
room and studies a variety of topics.
- Saints Alive Class: Meets in the
- Servants and Friends: We meet in the
Gym and study a variety of topics.
- Truth Seekers: We meet in the North
East Quad Room.
- Faith Builders Fellowship Group: We
meet in the SE Quad room. "Life Without Limits" by Nick Vujicic.
- Pathfinders 2: Ministry for middle
agers (stage of life). Biblical principles applied weekly to today's family
issues and current worldly events. All are welcome.
- What In the World is Going On? A DVD study by Turning Point's Dr.
David Jeremiah. Come and learn with us in Hope Class.
- Unshackled: We meet in the SW Quad.
- Agape Sunday School Class: "Joshua" led by Leroy Giffin
- Partners With Christ Class: We are studying the Sermon on the
Mount. Join us!
- Young Adults Class: Join us for an hour of fellowship and study.
We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- Bible Expo Class: We are studying Ephesians. We meet in the Lower