Home > Weekly Announcements > Announcements_11-17-13
November 17, 2013
November Memory Verse:
- Romans 15:13 "May the God of
hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may
overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."
Read the Bible in a Year:
- 3 Chapters a day and 5 Chapters on
Senior Adult Walk:
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at
- AB Girls are working on a
special project. Please sign a Blessing Card at their table today. They will
meet November 18th at 4:30 to finish this project. They will also meet
Saturday, the 23rd at Noon to decorate and at 4pm on the 24th to help with the
- RWF Dinner and Devotions Monday at 5:30 pm
New Building Finance Committee Meeting:
- Who Do You Think You Are? Finding your true identity in Christ. Virtuous
Women's Bible Study meets Tuesday nights at 5:30pm.
- Bell Choir practice is
Tuesday night at 7pm in the choir room.
- 7pm: Adult Study - "Christians
Living in a Non-Christian Culture - a Study of Ephesians", Women's Study,
Choir, Youth, AWANA, Nursery Available.
Men's Bible Study:
Youth Lunch Bunch:
- Ladies Prayer Time: Monday Mornings
- Ruth Circle: Wednesday at 9:30am
- Dorcas/Tabitha Circle: Wednesday at
- Hannah Circle: Thursday at 6:30pm
- Sarah Circle: Thursday at 7:00pm
- Women's Bible Study: Friday Mornings
- Thursday at 7pm. This
week's topic: Forgiving the Unforgivable: A son confronts his mother's killer.
- Sunday, Nov. 24th at 10am
at the Merryman Performing Arts Center. 225 West 22nd St. Valet Service will be
provided. Nursery will be provided.
- Sunday, Nov. 24th at 6pm.
Bring 2 side dishes and one dessert to share. Ham and Turkey will be provided.
- Sign-up sheets are in
hallway by the stairs. Stop by to see how you can help!
Operation Christmas Child:
- Shoeboxes and info on how
to fill them are in the Narthex. The shoeboxes are due back to the church by
November 24th at the All Church Thanksgiving Meal.
ABWM Christmas Tea:
- Sunday, December 1st at
3pm at First Baptist Church. "People of Light"; Traditional and
Original Christmas Music Presented by Reesa Bebb and Stacey Petersen.
Accompanied by Kris Hughbanks. Women and girls of all ages are welcome.
All Church Multi Media Christmas Program:
- All classes, preschool -
adult, groups and individuals will prepare a 3-5 minute presentation with the
theme "Jesus came as a Light into the darkness". Contact Denise Van
Winkle with questions at 236-5109.
First Baptist Cares:
- Please join us to
encourage others in our church family and enjoy some fun fellowship. We meet in
the Library, Wednesday nights at 7:00pm.
- First Baptist Cares is
seeking Military addresses of your loved ones. They can be state side or
overseas. We also want e-mail addresses if you have them. We would like to
encourage those who bravely serve our country. Thanks!!!
- Friday Promise Keepers, 11:30am, Saints Alive Room. Bring a sack
lunch. Call Bill @ 440-1030 or Bob @ 893-9217.
- Monday Night Promise Keepers, Monte Krueger's Home, 1705 6th Ave @
7 pm, 1st & 3rd Monday, Questions call 236-9217
- Tuesday Night Promise Keepers, Rob Gwin's Home @ 7:30 pm, 1st
& 3rd Tuesday, Questions call 234-1563
- First Baptist Counselor, Angie McDermott, holds a Master's degree
in Counseling and is a Licensed Independent Mental Health Practitioner. She has been with the Church since January of
1997. You can set up an appointment with Angie by calling (308) 293-2220
- If you need to add a loved one to the
prayer chain please call Krystal Arehart at 308-293-0645 or email to
Videos of the Service:
- Please note that you may now WATCH
the worship service. It will be online by Sunday afternoons. Go to
www.kearneyfirstbaptist.org then go to video library and choose the service you
Sunday School Hour:
- Young Adults Sunday School Class: We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- The College Sunday School Class meets
in the Library
- Friends Class: Meets in the Friends
room and studies a variety of topics.
- Saints Alive Class: Meets in the
- Servants and Friends: We meet in the
Gym and study a variety of topics.
- Truth Seekers: We meet in the North
East Quad Room.
- Faith Builders Fellowship Group: We
meet in the SE Quad room. "Life Without Limits" by Nick Vujicic.
- Pathfinders 2: Ministry for middle
agers (stage of life). Biblical principles applied weekly to today's family
issues and current worldly events. All are welcome.
- What In the World is Going On? A DVD study by Turning Point's Dr.
David Jeremiah. Come and learn with us in Hope Class.
- Unshackled: We meet in the SW Quad.
- Agape Sunday School Class: "Ecclesiastes" led by Mark
- Partners With Christ Class: We are studying the Sermon on the
Mount. Join us!
- Young Adults Class: Join us for an hour of fellowship and study.
We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- Bible Expo Class: We are studying Ephesians. We meet in the Lower