Home > Home > Weekly Announcements > Announcements_11-10-13
November 10, 2013
November Memory Verse:
- Romans 15:13 "May the God of
hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may
overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."
Read the Bible in a Year:
- 3 Chapters a day and 5 Chapters on
Associate Pastor Candidate:
- Sean and Mallory Dougherty are with
us today. Please encourage them.
Youth Praise Band:
Live Gospel Music:
Special Congregational Meeting:
- Today 5pm. To consider whether or not
to call the Candidate for Associate Pastor.
Senior Adult Walk:
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at
Lunch with the
- "Encountering Good
and Evil". Bring your lunch. Monday at the Lighthouse Center from noon to
- AB Girls are working on a
special project. Please sign a Blessing Card at their table today. They will
meet November 11th, 15th, and 18th at 4:30 to finish this project. They will
also meet Saturday, the 23rd at Noon to decorate and at 4pm on the 24th to help
with the Thanksgiving Dinner.
- RWF Dinner and Devotions Monday at 5:30 pm
S.O.S. Suicide Support Group:
- Who Do You Think You Are? Finding your true identity in Christ. Virtuous
Women's Bible Study meets Tuesday nights at 5:30pm.
- Bell Choir practice is
Tuesday night at 7pm in the choir room.
- Church Night Meal at 6pm. Join us!!!
- 7pm: Adult Study - "Christians
Living in a Non-Christian Culture - a Study of Ephesians", Women's Study,
Choir, Youth, AWANA, Nursery Available.
Men's Bible Study:
Youth Lunch Bunch:
- Ladies Prayer Time: Monday Mornings
- Rebekah Anna Circle at Marlys Voth's
Tuesday at 7pm.
- ABWM: Wednesday at 1pm.
- Women's Bible Study: Friday Mornings
Senior Men's Coffee:
New Building Committee:
- Thursday night at 6:30pm.
- Thursday at 7pm. This
week's topic: Is Church Obsolete? Has God left the building?
- We will gather at 9:30am
on Sunday, November 10th downstairs in the Pathfinders II Room for a meet and
greet with Sean and Mallory Dougherty. Please come!
- New 5th - 6th grade group
is looking for new or nearly new bean bag chairs. Call Karla Rohde if
- Sign-up sheets are in
hallway by the stairs. Stop by to see how you can help!
All Church Multi Media Christmas Program:
- All classes, preschool -
adult, groups and individuals will prepare a 3-5 minute presentation with the
theme "Jesus came as a Light into the darkness". Contact Denise Van
Winkle with questions at 236-5109.
First Baptist Cares:
- Please join us to
encourage others in our church family and enjoy some fun fellowship. We meet in
the Library, Wednesday nights at 7:00pm.
- First Baptist Cares is
seeking Military addresses of your loved ones. They can be state side or
overseas. We also want e-mail addresses if you have them. We would like to
encourage those who bravely serve our country. Thanks!!!
- Friday Promise Keepers, 11:30am, Saints Alive Room. Bring a sack
lunch. Call Bill @ 440-1030 or Bob @ 893-9217.
Monday Night Promise Keepers, Monte Krueger's Home, 1705 6th Ave @
7 pm, 1st & 3rd Monday, Questions call 236-9217
Tuesday Night Promise Keepers, Rob Gwin's Home @ 7:30 pm, 1st
& 3rd Tuesday, Questions call 234-1563
- First Baptist Counselor, Angie McDermott, holds a Master's degree
in Counseling and is a Licensed Independent Mental Health Practitioner. She has been with the Church since January of
1997. You can set up an appointment with Angie by calling (308) 293-2220
- If you need to add a loved one to the
prayer chain please call Krystal Arehart at 308-293-0645 or email to
Videos of the Service:
- Please note that you may now WATCH
the worship service. It will be online by Sunday afternoons. Go to
www.kearneyfirstbaptist.org then go to video library and choose the service you
Sunday School Hour:
- Young Adults Sunday School Class: We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- The College Sunday School Class meets
in the Library
- Friends Class: Meets in the Friends
room and studies a variety of topics.
- Saints Alive Class: Meets in the
- Servants and Friends: We meet in the
Gym and study a variety of topics.
- Truth Seekers: We meet in the North
East Quad Room.
- Faith Builders Fellowship Group: We
meet in the SE Quad room. "Life Without Limits" by Nick Vujicic.
- Pathfinders 2: Ministry for middle
agers (stage of life). Biblical principles applied weekly to today's family
issues and current worldly events. All are welcome.
- What In the World is Going On? A DVD study by Turning Point's Dr.
David Jeremiah. Come and learn with us in Hope Class.
- Unshackled: We meet in the SW Quad.
- Agape Sunday School Class: "Ecclesiastes" led by Mark
- Partners With Christ Class: We are studying the Sermon on the
Mount. Join us!
- Young Adults Class: Join us for an hour of fellowship and study.
We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- Bible Expo Class: We are studying Ephesians. We meet in the Lower