Home > Weekly Announcements > Announcements_10-27-13
October 27, 2013
October Memory Verse:
- Ephesians 4:26-27 "In your anger
do not sin: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, and do not
give the devil a foothold."
Read the Bible in a Year:
- 3 Chapters a day and 5 Chapters on
October is Pastor Appreciation Month:
- Please remember our
Pastors and staff in prayer this month. The Diaconate is also receiving the
Love Gift Offering for the Pastors and Staff. Please indicate "Love
Gift" in the memo section of your check.
Special Congregational Meeting:
- Sunday, November 10th at 5pm. To
consider whether or not to call the Candidate for Associate Pastor.
Senior Adult Walk:
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at
Dinner and Devotions Monday at 5:30 pm
Virtuous Women's Bible Study:
- Bell Choir practice is
Tuesday night at 7pm in the choir room.
- 7pm: Adult Study - "Christians
Living in a Non-Christian Culture - a Study of Ephesians", Women's Study,
Choir, Youth, AWANA, Nursery Available.
- October 30th is Bible Hero Night in
AWANA. Come dressed as your favorite Bible Character.
Men's Bible Study:
Youth Lunch Bunch:
- Ladies Prayer Time: Monday Mornings
- Women's Bible Study: Friday Mornings
- Thursday at 7pm. This
week's topic: Haunted: A ghost hunter's investigation into the paranormal.
Christian Business Men's Lunch:
- Friday at 12pm at the
ABWM Fall Rally:
- October 28 at 9:30am.
Come enjoy a time of fellowship with ladies from our Association Churches.
- They will be meeting on
October 28th at 4:30pm to make decorations for the Thanksgiving Dinner.
Daylight Savings Time:
- November 3rd. Don't forget
to fall back.
- Wednesday, Nov. 6th at
7pm in the Sanctuary. Come and invite someone on your list to come with you.
- Registration is underway.
Stop in the office for details.
- Pianists willing to play
at 2nd service. If interested, contact Mark S Liljehorn at 402-223-9755.
- New 5th - 6th grade group
is looking for new or nearly new bean bag chairs. Call Karla Rohde if
All Church Multi Media Christmas Program:
- All classes, preschool -
adult, groups and individuals will prepare a 3-5 minute presentation with the
theme "Jesus came as a Light into the darkness". Contact Denise Van
Winkle with questions at 236-5109.
First Baptist Cares:
- Please join us to
encourage others in our church family and enjoy some fun fellowship. We meet in
the Library, Wednesday nights at 7:00pm.
- First Baptist Cares is
seeking Military addresses of your loved ones. They can be state side or
overseas. We also want e-mail addresses if you have them. We would like to
encourage those who bravely serve our country. Thanks!!!
- Friday Promise Keepers, 11:30am, Saints Alive Room. Bring a sack
lunch. Call Bill @ 440-1030 or Bob @ 893-9217.
- Monday Night Promise Keepers, Monte Krueger's Home, 1705 6th Ave @
7 pm, 1st & 3rd Monday, Questions call 236-9217
- Tuesday Night Promise Keepers, Rob Gwin's Home @ 7:30 pm, 1st
& 3rd Tuesday, Questions call 234-1563
- Who Do You Think You Are? Finding your true identity in Christ. Virtuous
Women's Bible Study starts Tuesday, Oct. 29th and meets Tuesday nights at
- First Baptist Counselor, Angie McDermott, holds a Master's degree
in Counseling and is a Licensed Independent Mental Health Practitioner. She has been with the Church since January of
1997. You can set up an appointment with Angie by calling (308) 293-2220
- If you need to add a loved one to the
prayer chain please call Krystal Arehart at 308-293-0645 or email to
Videos of the Service:
- Please note that you may now WATCH
the worship service. It will be online by Sunday afternoons. Go to
www.kearneyfirstbaptist.org then go to video library and choose the service you
Sunday School Hour:
- Young Adults Sunday School Class: We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- The College Sunday School Class meets
in the Library
- Friends Class: Meets in the Friends
room and studies a variety of topics.
- Saints Alive Class: Meets in the
- Servants and Friends: We meet in the
Gym and study a variety of topics.
- Truth Seekers: We meet in the North
East Quad Room.
- Faith Builders Fellowship Group: We
meet in the SE Quad room. "Life Without Limits" by Nick Vujicic.
- Pathfinders 2: Ministry for middle
agers (stage of life). Biblical principles applied weekly to today's family
issues and current worldly events. All are welcome.
- What In the World is Going On? A DVD study by Turning Point's Dr.
David Jeremiah. Come and learn with us in Hope Class.
- Unshackled: We meet in the SW Quad.
- Agape Sunday School Class: "Ecclesiastes" led by Mark
- Partners With Christ Class: We are studying Peace. Join us!
- Young Adults Class: Join us for an hour of fellowship and study.
We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- Bible Expo Class: We are studying Ephesians. We meet in the Lower Level.