Home > Home > Weekly Announcements > Announcements_10-20-13
October 20, 2013
October Memory Verse:
- Ephesians 4:26-27 "In your anger
do not sin: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, and do not
give the devil a foothold."
Read the Bible in a Year:
- 3 Chapters a day and 5 Chapters on
October is Pastor Appreciation Month:
- Please remember our
Pastors and staff in prayer this month. The Diaconate is also receiving the
Love Gift Offering for the Pastors and Staff. Please indicate "Love
Gift" in the memo section of your check.
My Hope America:
- If you have decided to be a Matthew
or are still considering this, please mark your registration sheet TODAY!!!
RWF Annual Meeting:
Parents of Youth Meeting:
Senior Adult Walk:
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at
Dinner and Devotions Monday at 5:30 pm
New Building Finance Committee Meeting:
- Bell Choir practice is
Tuesday night at 7pm in the choir room.
- 7pm: Adult Study - "Christians
Living in a Non-Christian Culture - a Study of Ephesians", Women's Study,
Choir, Youth, AWANA, Nursery Available.
- October 30th is Bible Hero Night in
AWANA. Come dressed as your favorite Bible Character.
Men's Bible Study:
Youth Lunch Bunch:
Senior Adult Potluck:
- Thursday, October 24th at 11:30am
Abuse Prevention Committee:
- Ladies Prayer Time: Monday Mornings
- Ruth Circle: Wednesday at 9:30am
- Dorcas/Tabitha Circle: Wednesday at
- Women's Bible Study: Friday Mornings
- Thursday at 7pm. This
week's topic: Make the Most of Your Life; A perspective that will change your
ABWM Fall Rally:
- October 28 at 9:30am.
Come enjoy a time of fellowship with ladies from our Association Churches.
- No AB Girls on October
21st. They will be meeting on October 28th at 4:30pm to make decorations for
the Thanksgiving Dinner.
- Registration is underway.
Stop in the office for details.
- Pianists willing to play
at 2nd service. If interested, contact Mark S Liljehorn at 402-223-9755.
First Baptist Cares:
- Please join us to
encourage others in our church family and enjoy some fun fellowship. We meet in
the Library, Wednesday nights at 7:00pm.
- First Baptist Cares is
seeking Military addresses of your loved ones. They can be state side or
overseas. We also want e-mail addresses if you have them. We would like to
encourage those who bravely serve our country. Thanks!!!
- Friday Promise Keepers, 11:30am, Saints Alive Room. Bring a sack
lunch. Call Bill @ 440-1030 or Bob @ 893-9217.
- Monday Night Promise Keepers, Monte Krueger's Home, 1705 6th Ave @
7 pm, 1st & 3rd Monday, Questions call 236-9217
- Tuesday Night Promise Keepers, Rob Gwin's Home @ 7:30 pm, 1st
& 3rd Tuesday, Questions call 234-1563
- Who Do You Think You Are? Finding your true identity in Christ. Virtuous
Women's Bible Study starts Tuesday, Oct. 29th and meets Tuesday nights at
- First Baptist Counselor, Angie McDermott, holds a Master's degree
in Counseling and is a Licensed Independent Mental Health Practitioner. She has been with the Church since January of
1997. You can set up an appointment with Angie by calling (308) 293-2220
- If you need to add a loved one to the
prayer chain please call Krystal Arehart at 308-293-0645 or email to
Videos of the Service:
- Please note that you may now WATCH
the worship service. It will be online by Sunday afternoons. Go to
www.kearneyfirstbaptist.org then go to video library and choose the service you
Sunday School Hour:
- Young Adults Sunday School Class: We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- The College Sunday School Class meets
in the Library
- Friends Class: Meets in the Friends
room and studies a variety of topics.
- Saints Alive Class: Meets in the
- Servants and Friends: We meet in the
Gym and study a variety of topics.
- Truth Seekers: We meet in the North
East Quad Room.
- Faith Builders Fellowship Group: We
meet in the SE Quad room. "Life Without Limits" by Nick Vujicic.
- Pathfinders 2: Ministry for middle
agers (stage of life). Biblical principles applied weekly to today's family
issues and current worldly events. All are welcome.
- What In the World is Going On? A DVD study by Turning Point's Dr.
David Jeremiah. Come and learn with us in Hope Class.
- Unshackled: We meet in the SW Quad.
- Agape Sunday School Class: "Ecclesiastes" led by Mark
- Partners With Christ Class: We are studying Peace. Join us!
- Young Adults Class: Join us for an hour of fellowship and study.
We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- Bible Expo Class: We are studying Ephesians. We meet in the Lower