Home > Home > Weekly Announcements > Announcements_10-13-13
October 13, 2013
October Memory Verse:
- Ephesians 4:26-27 "In your anger
do not sin: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, and do not
give the devil a foothold."
Read the Bible in a Year:
- 3 Chapters a day and 5 Chapters on
October is Pastor Appreciation Month:
- Please remember our
Pastors and staff in prayer this month. The Diaconate is also receiving the
Love Gift Offering for the Pastors and Staff. Please indicate "Love
Gift" in the memo section of your check.
Youth Praise Band:
- Practice is today at 2pm.
Live Gospel Music:
- Today at 6pm at the
Senior Adult Walk:
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at
Lunch with the Three Stooges:
Emotions" Monday at the Lighthouse Center from noon to 1pm. Bring your
Dinner and Devotions Monday at 5:30 pm
S.O.S. Suicide Support Group:
- Monday, October 14th at
7pm or online at myhopewithbillygraham.org
- Bell Choir practice is
Tuesday night at 7pm in the choir room.
- 7pm: Adult Study - "Christians
Living in a Non-Christian Culture - a Study of Ephesians", Women's Study,
Choir, Youth, AWANA, Nursery Available.
Men's Bible Study:
Youth Lunch Bunch:
- Ladies Prayer Time: Monday Mornings
- Sisters of Ruth: Wednesday at 11:30am
- Sarah Circle: Thursday at 7:00pm
- Hannah Circle: Thursday at 7:00pm
- Women's Bible Study: Friday Mornings
- Thursday at 7pm. This
week's topic: Wrongly Accused: A rush to judgment destroys a life.
Ties That Bind:
RWF Annual Meeting:
ABWM Fall Rally:
- October 28 at 9:30am.
Come enjoy a time of fellowship with ladies from our Association Churches.
- Registration is underway.
Stop in the office for details.
- Pianists willing to play
at 2nd service. If interested, contact Mark S Liljehorn at 402-223-9755.
First Baptist Cares:
- Please join us to
encourage others in our church family and enjoy some fun fellowship. We meet in
the Library, Wednesday nights at 7:00pm.
- First Baptist Cares is
seeking Military addresses of your loved ones. They can be state side or
overseas. We also want e-mail addresses if you have them. We would like to
encourage those who bravely serve our country. Thanks!!!
- Friday Promise Keepers, 11:30am, Saints Alive Room. Bring a sack
lunch. Call Bill @ 440-1030 or Bob @ 893-9217.
- Monday Night Promise Keepers, Monte Krueger's Home, 1705 6th Ave @
7 pm, 1st & 3rd Monday, Questions call 236-9217
- Tuesday Night Promise Keepers, Rob Gwin's Home @ 7:30 pm, 1st
& 3rd Tuesday, Questions call 234-1563
- Who Do You Think You Are? Finding your true identity in Christ. Virtuous
Women's Bible Study starts Tuesday, Oct. 29th and meets Tuesday nights at
- Part-Time Female Youth Assistant position available. Inquire in the
office for description and application.
- First Baptist Counselor, Angie McDermott, holds a Master's degree
in Counseling and is a Licensed Independent Mental Health Practitioner. She has been with the Church since January of
1997. You can set up an appointment with Angie by calling (308) 293-2220
- If you need to add a loved one to the
prayer chain please call Krystal Arehart at 308-293-0645 or email to
Videos of the Service:
- Please note that you may now WATCH
the worship service. It will be online by Sunday afternoons. Go to
www.kearneyfirstbaptist.org then go to video library and choose the service you
Sunday School Hour:
- Young Adults Sunday School Class: We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- The College Sunday School Class meets
in the Library
- Friends Class: Meets in the Friends
room and studies a variety of topics.
- Saints Alive Class: Meets in the
- Servants and Friends: We meet in the
Gym and study a variety of topics.
- Truth Seekers: We meet in the North
East Quad Room.
- Faith Builders Fellowship Group: We
meet in the SE Quad room. "Life Without Limits" by Nick Vujicic.
- Pathfinders 2: Ministry for middle
agers (stage of life). Biblical principles applied weekly to today's family
issues and current worldly events. All are welcome.
- What In the World is Going On? A DVD study by Turning Point's Dr.
David Jeremiah. Come and learn with us in Hope Class.
- Unshackled: We meet in the SW Quad.
- Agape Sunday School Class: "Ecclesiastes" led by Mark
- Partners With Christ Class: We are studying Peace. Join us!
- Young Adults Class: Join us for an hour of fellowship and study.
We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- Bible Expo Class: We are studying Ephesians. We meet in the Lower