Home > Home > Weekly Announcements > Announcements_10-06-13
October 6, 2013
October Memory Verse:
- Ephesians 4:26-27 "In your anger
do not sin: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, and do not
give the devil a foothold."
Read the Bible in a Year:
- 3 Chapters a day and 5 Chapters on
The Tabernacle Experience:
- Today is your last
opportunity to go. Would you like to go?
- Call 402-660-9116 for a
- 10am - 6pm Sunday.
Life Chain on 2nd Ave.
Senior Adult Walk:
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at
Dinner and Devotions Monday at 5:30 pm
Monday Night Promise Keepers:
- 7pm at Monte Krueger's Home.
Questions call 236-9217
- 7pm: Adult Study - "Christians
Living in a Non-Christian Culture - a Study of Ephesians", Women's Study,
Choir, Youth, AWANA, Nursery Available.
Senior Adult Meal:
- Sept. 26th at 11:30am. Mayor Stan Clouse will be present. The meal is
free. Please RSVP by today on the Registration Sheets.
Men's Bible Study:
Youth Lunch Bunch:
Sr. Men's Outing:
- Thursday at 1:00pm for Orthman's in
Lexington. RSVP @ 234-2311.
New Building Committee:
Night of Worship with Darrell Evans:
- Thursday, Oct. 10th at 7pm at Grace
Fellowship, 4305 19th Ave. Kearney.
- Ladies Prayer Time: Monday Mornings
- Rebekah Anna Circle: Tuesday at 7pm
- ABWM Meeting: Wednesday at 1pm.
Hostesses: Sheryl Robison and Becky Clinger. Speaker: Ann Carlson "My
- Women's Bible Study: Friday Mornings
- Bell Choir is starting
soon. Please call Judy Kolling for more info at 238-1850.
- Thursday at 7pm. This
week's topic: Only One Way to God? Can one religion really have all the
- Registration is underway.
Stop in the office for details.
Youth Praise Band:
- Practice is Next Sunday
Live Gospel Music:
- Next Sunday at 6pm at the
October is Pastor Appreciation Month:
- Please remember our Pastors
and staff in prayer this month. The Diaconate is also receiving the Love Gift
Offering for the Pastors and Staff. Please indicate "Love Gift" in
the memo section of your check.
- Pianists willing to play
at 2nd service. If interested, contact Mark S Liljehorn at 402-223-9755.
First Baptist Cares:
- Please join us to
encourage others in our church family and enjoy some fun fellowship. We meet in
the Library, Wednesday nights at 7:00pm.
- First Baptist Cares is
seeking Military addresses of your loved ones. They can be state side or
overseas. We also want e-mail addresses if you have them. We would like to
encourage those who bravely serve our country. Thanks!!!
- Friday Promise Keepers, 11:30am, Saints Alive Room. Bring a sack
lunch. Call Bill @ 440-1030 or Bob @ 893-9217.
- Monday Night Promise Keepers, Monte Krueger's Home, 1705 6th Ave,
Starts September 16th @ 7 pm, 1st & 3rd Monday, Questions call 236-9217
- Tuesday Night Promise Keepers, Rob Gwin's Home, 1911 W 41st St,
Starts September 17th @ 7:30 pm, 1st & 3rd Tuesday, Questions call 234-1563
- Who Do You Think You Are? Finding your true identity in Christ. Virtuous
Women's Bible Study starts Tuesday, Oct. 29th and meets Tuesday nights at
- Part-Time Female Youth Assistant position available. Inquire in the
office for description and application.
- First Baptist Counselor, Angie McDermott, holds a Master's degree
in Counseling and is a Licensed Independent Mental Health Practitioner. She has been with the Church since January of
1997. You can set up an appointment with Angie by calling (308) 293-2220
- If you need to add a loved one to the
prayer chain please call Krystal Arehart at 308-293-0645 or email to
Videos of the Service:
- Please note that you may now WATCH
the worship service. It will be online by Sunday afternoons. Go to
www.kearneyfirstbaptist.org then go to video library and choose the service you
Sunday School Hour:
- Young Adults Sunday School Class: We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- The College Sunday School Class meets
in the Library
- Friends Class: Meets in the Friends
room and studies a variety of topics.
- Saints Alive Class: Meets in the
- Servants and Friends: We meet in the
Gym and study a variety of topics.
- Truth Seekers: We meet in the North
East Quad Room.
- Faith Builders Fellowship Group: We
meet in the SE Quad room. "Life Without Limits" by Nick Vujicic.
- Pathfinders 2: Ministry for middle
agers (stage of life). Biblical principles applied weekly to today's family
issues and current worldly events. All are welcome.
- What In the World is Going On? A DVD study by Turning Point's Dr.
David Jeremiah. Come and learn with us in Hope Class.
- Unshackled: We meet in the SW Quad.
- Agape Sunday School Class: "Ecclesiastes" led by Mark
- Partners With Christ Class: We are studying Peace. Join us!
- Young Adults Class: Join us for an hour of fellowship and study.
We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- Bible Expo Class: We are studying Ephesians. We meet in the Lower