Home > Home > Weekly Announcements > Announcements_09-22-13
September 22, 2013
September Memory Verse:
- Deuteronomy 6:5 "Love the Lord
your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your
Read the Bible in a Year:
- 3 Chapters a day and 5 Chapters on
Church Photo Directory:
- If you were unable to get your
picture taken for the directory, please submit a digital picture electronically
to the church firstname.lastname@example.org along with the correct spelling
of all the names. Make up photo session will be Sunday, September 22nd. All
photos must be submitted by Sunday, September 22nd.
Senior Adult Walk:
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at
Dinner and Devotions Monday at 5:30 pm
- 7pm: Adult Study - "Christians Living
in a Non-Christian Culture - a Study of Ephesians", Women's Study, Choir,
Youth, AWANA, Nursery Available.
- The Oct. 2nd Church Night Meal is a
benefit for Joshua Buettner-Eggleston. Please plan to be there.
Senior Adult Meal:
- Sept. 26th at 11:30am. Mayor Stan Clouse will be present. The meal is
free. Please RSVP by today on the Registration Sheets.
Men's Bible Study:
Youth Lunch Bunch:
- Ladies Prayer Time: Monday Mornings
- Ruth Circle: Wednesday at 9:30am
- Dorcas/Tabitha Circle: Wednesday at
- Women's Bible Study: Friday Mornings
- Bell Choir is starting
soon. Please call Judy Kolling for more info at 238-1850.
- Thursday at 7pm. This
week's topic: Secrets of Finding Contentment
- Help collect these new or
gently used items: Coats, rain jackets, hoodies, hats, scarves, gloves, boots,
shoes, socks, blankets, towels, soap, sunscreen and insect repellant. Will you
The Tabernacle Experience:
- Will be in McCook from
September 27 - October 6. Would you like to go?
First Baptist Cares:
- Please join us to
encourage others in our church family and enjoy some fun fellowship. We meet in
the Library, Wednesday nights at 7:00pm.
- First Baptist Cares is
seeking Military addresses of your loved ones. They can be state side or
overseas. We also want e-mail addresses if you have them. We would like to
encourage those who bravely serve our country. Thanks!!!
- Friday Promise Keepers, 11:30am, Saints Alive Room. Bring a sack
lunch. Call Bill @ 440-1030 or Bob @ 893-9217.
- Monday Night Promise Keepers, Monte Krueger's Home, 1705 6th Ave,
Starts September 16th @ 7 pm, 1st & 3rd Monday, Questions call 236-9217
- Tuesday Night Promise Keepers, Rob Gwin's Home, 1911 W 41st St,
Starts September 17th @ 7:30 pm, 1st & 3rd Tuesday, Questions call 234-1563
- Who Do You Think You Are? Finding your true identity in Christ. Virtuous
Women's Bible Study starts Tuesday, Oct. 29th and meets Tuesday nights at 5:30pm.
- Part-Time Female Youth Assistant position available. Inquire in the
office for description and application.
- First Baptist Counselor, Angie McDermott, holds a Master's degree
in Counseling and is a Licensed Independent Mental Health Practitioner. She has been with the Church since January of
1997. You can set up an appointment with Angie by calling (308) 293-2220
- Honoring Kara Loeffler, fiancée of
Greg Stevens. Sunday, Sept. 22 at 3pm. RSVP to 224-4761
- Honoring Stacy Davis, fiancée of
Stephen Bebb. Sunday, Sept 29th at 2pm. RSVP to Amanda at 402-320-4688
- If you need to add a loved one to the
prayer chain please call Krystal Arehart at 308-293-0645 or email to
Videos of the Service:
- Please note that you may now WATCH
the worship service. It will be online by Sunday afternoons. Go to
www.kearneyfirstbaptist.org then go to video library and choose the service you
Sunday School Hour:
- Young Adults Sunday School Class: We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- The College Sunday School Class meets
in the Library
- Friends Class: Meets in the Friends
room and studies a variety of topics.
- Saints Alive Class: Meets in the
- Servants and Friends: We meet in the
Gym and study a variety of topics.
- Truth Seekers: We meet in the North
East Quad Room.
- Faith Builders Fellowship Group: We
meet in the SE Quad room. "Life Without Limits" by Nick Vujicic.
- Pathfinders 2: Ministry for middle
agers (stage of life). Biblical principles applied weekly to today's family
issues and current worldly events. All are welcome.
- What In the World is Going On? A DVD study by Turning Point's Dr.
David Jeremiah. Come and learn with us in Hope Class.
- Unshackled: We meet in the SW Quad.
- Agape Sunday School Class: "Ecclesiastes" led by Mark
- Partners With Christ Class: We are studying Peace. Join us!
- Young Adults Class: Join us for an hour of fellowship and study.
We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- Bible Expo Class: We are studying Ephesians. We meet in the Lower