Home > Home > Weekly Announcements > Announcements_09-08-13
September 8, 2013
September Memory Verse:
- Deuteronomy 6:5 "Love the Lord
your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your
Read the Bible in a Year:
- 3 Chapters a day and 5 Chapters on
Church Photo Directory:
- If you were unable to get your
picture taken for the directory, please submit a digital picture electronically
to the church firstname.lastname@example.org along with the correct spelling
of all the names. Make up photo session will be Sunday, September 22nd. All
photos must be submitted by Sunday, September 22nd.
NEXT SUNDAY 40th
- 40th Anniversary Celebration of
Ministry at 39th Street. Recognition, Remembrance, Refreshments and Displays.
- Potluck at 12:30. Bring two dishes
and a dessert to share. Ham will be provided.
Senior Adult Walk:
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at
Lunch with the Three Stooges:
- Monday from noon - 1pm at the
Lighthouse Center. Bring your lunch.
- Suicide Support Group: Monday at 6:50pm
- 7pm: Adult Study - "Christians
Living in a Non-Christian Culture - a Study of Ephesians", Women's Study,
Choir, Youth, AWANA, Nursery Available.
Men's Bible Study:
Youth Lunch Bunch:
- Ladies Prayer Time: Monday Mornings
- There will be no Rebekah Anna Circle
- ABWM Meeting: Wednesday at 1pm.
- Women's Bible Study: Friday Mornings
Senior Men's Coffee:
New Building Committee:
- Thursday night at 6:30pm.
- RWF Dinner and Devotions
Monday at 5:30 pm
- RWF Executive Committee:
Thursday at 7pm
- Cooks for RWF Meals.
Contact Pastor Zach for open dates.
- Needed: Pictures from the
early '70's of the church building in progress or ministries from 1973 to
present. Please bring to the office by Sept. 1st. Please mark your pictures so
they can be returned to you. Thanks!
- Sunday School Teachers
for Preschool and Kindergarten. Contact Mike Roggie at 234-2311 or 293-0830.
- Bell Choir is starting
soon. Please call Judy Kolling for more info at 238-1850.
Youth Praise Band:
- Thursday at 7pm. The Art
of Loss: How tragedy can transform your perspective.
First Baptist Cares:
- Please join us to
encourage others in our church family and enjoy some fun fellowship. We meet in
the Library, Wednesday nights at 7:00pm.
- First Baptist Cares is
seeking Military addresses of your loved ones. They can be state side or
overseas. We also want e-mail addresses if you have them. We would like to
encourage those who bravely serve our country. Thanks!!!
- Friday Promise Keepers, 11:30am, Saints Alive Room. Bring a sack
lunch. Call Bill @ 440-1030 or Bob @ 893-9217.
- Monday Night Promise Keepers, Monte Krueger's Home, 1705 6th Ave,
Starts September 16th @ 7 pm, 1st & 3rd Monday, Questions call 236-9217
- Tuesday Night Promise Keepers, Rob Gwin's Home, 1911 W 41st St,
Starts September 17th @ 7:30 pm, 1st & 3rd Tuesday, Questions call 234-1563
- First Baptist Counselor, Angie McDermott, holds a Master's degree
in Counseling and is a Licensed Independent Mental Health Practitioner. She has been with the Church since January of
1997. You can set up an appointment with Angie by calling (308) 293-2220
- If you need to add a loved one to the
prayer chain please call Krystal Arehart at 308-293-0645 or email to
Videos of the Service:
- Please note that you may now WATCH
the worship service. It will be online by Sunday afternoons. Go to
www.kearneyfirstbaptist.org then go to video library and choose the service you
Sunday School Hour:
- Young Adults Sunday School Class: We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- The College Sunday School Class meets
in the Library
- Friends Class: Meets in the Friends
room and studies a variety of topics.
- Saints Alive Class: Meets in the
- Servants and Friends: We meet in the
Gym and study a variety of topics.
- Truth Seekers: We meet in the North
East Quad Room.
- Faith Builders Fellowship Group: We
meet in the SE Quad room. "Life Without Limits" by Nick Vujicic.
- Pathfinders 2: Ministry for middle
agers (stage of life). Biblical principles applied weekly to today's family
issues and current worldly events. All are welcome.
- Invisible: A study of unseen forces that affect us daily. Pastor
Jack Graham - "There's more to life than what you see." Come and
learn with us in Hope Class.
- Unshackled: We meet in the SW Quad.
- Agape Sunday School Class: "Ecclesiastes" led by Mark
- Partners With Christ Class: We are studying Peace. Join us!
- Young Adults Class: Join us for an hour of fellowship and study.
We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- Bible Expo Class: We are studying Ephesians. We meet in the Lower