Home > Weekly Announcements > Announcements_08-18-13
August 18, 2013
August Memory Verse:
- 1 Corinthians 6:19 "Do you not
know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you
have received from God?"
Read the Bible in a Year:
- 3 Chapters a day and 5 Chapters on
Church Photo Directory:
- If you were unable to get your
picture taken for the directory, please submit a digital picture electronically
to the church email@example.com along with the correct spelling
of all the names. Make up photo session will be Sunday, September 22nd. All
photos must be submitted by Sunday, September 22nd.
Senior Adult Walk:
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at
- Grades 3-12 will meet Monday, August
19th at 4:30pm for Pizza, Pop and Planning.
Building Finance Committee:
- RWF will be service Ice Cream to the
UNK Football Team on Monday at 9pm.
- 7pm: Adult Study, Women's Study,
Youth, Children's Activity, Nursery... Join Us!
- September 4th is the first Church
Night Meal. Also, all groups and AWANA will be kicking off that night.
Men's Bible Study:
RWF Executive Committee:
- RWF Executive Committee Meeting will
be Thursday at 7pm.
- Ladies Prayer Time: Monday Mornings
- Sisters of Ruth: Wednesday at 11:30am
- Women's Bible Study: Friday Mornings
Meet & Greet Reception:
- For Darren and Susan
Theesen in the Gym Sunday, Aug. 25th at 10:30am. Stop by and congratulate them
on their marriage and his graduation from seminary.
- Brownies for RWF Football
Team Ice Cream Social. Bring to the church by 5:00pm tomorrow.
- Cooks for RWF Meals.
Contact Pastor Zach for open dates.
- Needed: Pictures from the
early '70's of the church building in progress or ministries from 1973 to
present. Please bring to the office by Sept. 1st. Please mark your pictures so
they can be returned to you. Thanks!
- August 18th at 9:30am in
the Gym. Water, coffee and snacks will be provided. Join the conversation.
- Save the Date: Thursday,
September 5th at 7pm. Doing life. Doing good.
Church Neighborhood Ice Cream Social:
- Church Neighborhood Ice
Cream Social: August 28th at 7pm. Needed: People to make homemade ice cream,
brownies and cookies.
First Baptist Cares:
- Please join us to
encourage others in our church family and enjoy some fun fellowship. We meet in
the Library, Wednesday nights at 7:00pm.
- First Baptist Cares is
seeking Military addresses of your loved ones. They can be state side or
overseas. We also want e-mail addresses if you have them. We would like to
encourage those who bravely serve our country. Thanks!!!
- Friday Promise Keepers, 11:30am, Saints Alive Room. Bring a sack
lunch. Call Bill @ 440-1030 or Bob @ 893-9217.
2013-2014 Preschool Openings:
- 3&4 Years - Mornings only, School starts 8/27. 4&5 Years -
Afternoons only, Schools starts 8/26. Contact the church for more info.
- First Baptist Counselor, Angie McDermott, holds a Master's degree
in Counseling and is a Licensed Independent Mental Health Practitioner. She has been with the Church since January of
1997. You can set up an appointment with Angie by calling (308) 293-2220
- If you need to add a loved one to the
prayer chain please call Krystal Arehart at 308-293-0645 or email to
Videos of the Service:
- Please note that you may now WATCH
the worship service. It will be online by Sunday afternoons. Go to
www.kearneyfirstbaptist.org then go to video library and choose the service you
Sunday School Hour:
- Young Adults Sunday School Class: We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- The College Sunday School Class meets
in the Library
- Friends Class: Meets in the Friends
room and studies a variety of topics.
- Saints Alive Class: Meets in the
- Servants and Friends: We meet in the
Gym and study a variety of topics.
- Truth Seekers: We meet in the North
East Quad Room.
- Faith Builders Fellowship Group: We
meet in the SE Quad room. "A Summer of Miracles: A Study of both Old
Testament and New Testament Miracles." Come grow your faith and your
knowledge of His Word by studying 'the miracles that He has wrought'.
- Pathfinders 2: Ministry for middle
agers (stage of life). Biblical principles applied weekly to today's family
issues and current worldly events. All are welcome.
- Invisible: A study of unseen forces that affect us daily. Pastor
Jack Graham - "There's more to life than what you see." Come and
learn with us in Hope Class.
- Unshackled: We meet in the SW Quad.
- Agape Sunday School Class: "Acts" led by John Arnold.
- Partners With Christ Class: We are studying the Nooma Video Series
this summer. Video and Discussion.
- Young Adults Class: Join us for an hour of fellowship and study.
We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- Bible Expo Class: Beginning March 10th, we will be studying the
Attributes of God. We meet in the Lower Level.