Home > Weekly Announcements > Announcements_08-11-13
August 11, 2013
August Memory Verse:
- 1 Corinthians 6:19 "Do you not
know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you
have received from God?"
Read the Bible in a Year:
- 3 Chapters a day and 5 Chapters on
- Taught by Pastor Stan and open to all
ages. You are invited to this special four week class. Started Sunday, July
21st at 9:30am in the Choir Room.
Youth Praise Band:
Chapel at 56th St. Site:
Church Photo Directory:
- For those who were unable to get
pictures taken the past few weeks, we would like you to either submit a digital
photo to the church email web.kearneyfirstbaptist.org or bring a photo to the
church office. Please include names to ensure proper spelling. All photos must
be submitted by Sunday, September 22nd. Thanks!
Senior Adult Walk:
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at
Lunch with the 3 Stooges:
- August 12th at the Lighthouse Center
from Noon to 1pm. "How Should We Deal With Guilt?"
S.O.S. Suicide Support Group:
- Back 2 School Bash: 6:30-8:30 at the
Buffalo County Fairgrounds Expo Center. Bounce House, Photo Booth, Balloon
Artist, Face Painting, Games & More. $1 donation per person. Bring a
- Adult Study, Women's Study, Nursery
Men's Bible Study:
- Ladies Prayer Time: Monday Mornings
- Women's Bible Study: Friday Mornings
- Homemade Ice Cream for
UNK Football Players. Bring on Sunday, Aug. 18th. Please sign Reg. Sheet if you
can bring some. Questions, contact Pastor Zach.
- August 18th at 9:30am in
the Gym. Water, coffee and snacks will be provided. Join the conversation.
- A Lifetree Cafe ROOTS
session will be held Tuesday, August 13th at 7pm at the North Campus for ALL
recruited volunteers AND FOR YOU!!! Please join us for more Lifetree Cafe
information. Questions, contact PK, Vicki, Chris or Jessie Watts.
Save the Dates:
- Church Neighborhood Ice
Cream Social: August 28th
- Open House for Don &
Sheryl Robison, Saturday, August 17th from 2-4pm. 4312 29th Ave. Place.
First Baptist Cares:
- Please join us to encourage
others in our church family and enjoy some fun fellowship. We meet in the
Library, Wednesday nights at 7:00pm.
- First Baptist Cares is
seeking Military addresses of your loved ones. They can be state side or
overseas. We also want e-mail addresses if you have them. We would like to
encourage those who bravely serve our country. Thanks!!!
- Friday Promise Keepers, 11:30am, Saints Alive Room. Bring a sack
lunch. Call Bill @ 440-1030 or Bob @ 893-9217.
2013-2014 Preschool Openings:
- 3&4 Years - Mornings only, School starts 8/27. 4&5 Years -
Afternoons only, Schools starts 8/26. Contact the church for more info.
- First Baptist Counselor, Angie McDermott, holds a Master's degree
in Counseling and is a Licensed Independent Mental Health Practitioner. She has been with the Church since January of
1997. You can set up an appointment with Angie by calling (308) 293-2220
- If you need to add a loved one to the
prayer chain please call Krystal Arehart at 308-293-0645 or email to
Videos of the Service:
- Please note that you may now WATCH
the worship service. It will be online by Sunday afternoons. Go to
www.kearneyfirstbaptist.org then go to video library and choose the service you
Sunday School Hour:
- Young Adults Sunday School Class: We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- The College Sunday School Class meets
in the Library
- Friends Class: Meets in the Friends
room and studies a variety of topics.
- Saints Alive Class: Meets in the
- Servants and Friends: We meet in the
Gym and study a variety of topics.
- Truth Seekers: We meet in the North
East Quad Room.
- Faith Builders Fellowship Group: We
meet in the SE Quad room. "A Summer of Miracles: A Study of both Old
Testament and New Testament Miracles." Come grow your faith and your
knowledge of His Word by studying 'the miracles that He has wrought'.
- Pathfinders 2: Ministry for middle
agers (stage of life). Biblical principles applied weekly to today's family
issues and current worldly events. All are welcome.
- Invisible: A study of unseen forces that affect us daily. Pastor
Jack Graham - "There's more to life than what you see." Come and
learn with us in Hope Class.
- Unshackled: We meet in the SW Quad.
- Agape Sunday School Class: "Acts" led by John Arnold.
- Partners With Christ Class: We are studying the Nooma Video Series
this summer. Video and Discussion.
- Young Adults Class: Join us for an hour of fellowship and study.
We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- Bible Expo Class: Beginning March 10th, we will be studying the
Attributes of God. We meet in the Lower Level.