Home > Home > Weekly Announcements > Announcements_07-28-13
July 28, 2013
July Memory Verse:
- "For I know the plans I have for
you," declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future..." Jeremiah 29:11
Read the Bible in a Year:
- 3 Chapters a day and 5 Chapters on
- Taught by Pastor Stan and open to all
ages. You are invited to this special four week class. Started Sunday, July
21st at 9:30am in the Choir Room.
Church Photo Directory:
- Pictures for a new pictorial
directory will be taken in the narthex immediately after first and second
service today, July 28 and again Sunday, August 4.
Senior Adult Walk:
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at
- 7pm. Children's group, Youth Group,
Women's Study "The Purple Book", Adult Study "Characters of the
Bible" featuring Don Lackey Study on Habakkuk, Nursery available. Join
- Children's Wednesday Night Activity:
Swimming at Kirk Stoners. Meet at the church at 7pm.
Men's Bible Study:
- Ladies Prayer Time: Monday Mornings
- Women's Bible Study: Friday Mornings
Advisory Council, Diaconate, CE Meetings:
Christian Business Men's Lunch:
- Friday at noon at the
Middle School Kansas City Mission Trip:
- When: August 4th - 6th.
What: VBS Program for 1st - 4th Graders. Where: Bethel Neighborhood Center.
Cost: $100. Questions: Talk to PK.
Save the Dates:
- All Church Picnic: August
7th at 6pm at Harmon Park
- Church Neighborhood Ice
Cream Social: August 28th
First Baptist Cares:
- Please join us to
encourage others in our church family and enjoy some fun fellowship. We meet in
the Library, Wednesday nights at 7:00pm.
- First Baptist Cares is
seeking Military addresses of your loved ones. They can be state side or overseas.
We also want e-mail addresses if you have them. We would like to encourage
those who bravely serve our country. Thanks!!!
- Friday Promise Keepers, 11:30am, Saints Alive Room. Bring a sack
lunch. Call Bill @ 440-1030 or Bob @ 893-9217.
2013-2014 Preschool Openings:
- 3&4 Years - Mornings only, School starts 8/27. 4&5 Years -
Afternoons only, Schools starts 8/26. Contact the church for more info.
- for Orpha Hooge's 95th Birthday on July 31st. Please send cards to: c/o
PJ & Carol O'Neil, 3540 East Arbor Lane, Kearney, NE 68845.
- for Marlys Voth, Thursday, August 1st from 4-7pm at the Wells Fargo
Downtown Boardroom, 21 W. 21st St. RSVP to Laurie Parker at
email@example.com. Marlys is retiring after 37 years.
- First Baptist Counselor, Angie McDermott, holds a Master's degree
in Counseling and is a Licensed Independent Mental Health Practitioner. She has been with the Church since January of
1997. You can set up an appointment with Angie by calling (308) 293-2220
- If you need to add a loved one to the
prayer chain please call Krystal Arehart at 308-293-0645 or email to
Videos of the Service:
- Please note that you may now WATCH
the worship service. It will be online by Sunday afternoons. Go to
www.kearneyfirstbaptist.org then go to video library and choose the service you
Looking for Host Families:
- Are you being called to open your
home and your world? There are many students waiting for a host family so they
can live the dream and experience the USA. Have you been called to share your
religion and your culture? We are looking for host families to open their homes
and lives to foreign exchange students during the 2013-2014 school year. If you
are interested in learning more please talk with Bob Wilson.
Sunday School Hour:
- Young Adults Sunday School Class: We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- The College Sunday School Class meets
in the Library
- Friends Class: Meets in the Friends
room and studies a variety of topics.
- Saints Alive Class: Meets in the
- Servants and Friends: We meet in the
Gym and study a variety of topics.
- Truth Seekers: We meet in the North
East Quad Room.
- Faith Builders Fellowship Group: We
meet in the SE Quad room. "A Summer of Miracles: A Study of both Old
Testament and New Testament Miracles." Come grow your faith and your
knowledge of His Word by studying 'the miracles that He has wrought'.
- Pathfinders 2: Ministry for middle
agers (stage of life). Biblical principles applied weekly to today's family
issues and current worldly events. All are welcome.
- Invisible: A study of unseen forces that affect us daily. Pastor
Jack Graham - "There's more to life than what you see." Come and
learn with us in Hope Class.
- Unshackled: We meet in the SW Quad.
- Agape Sunday School Class: "Acts" led by John Arnold.
- Partners With Christ Class: We are studying the Nooma Video Series
this summer. Video and Discussion.
- Young Adults Class: Join us for an hour of fellowship and study.
We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- Bible Expo Class: Beginning March 10th, we will be studying the
Attributes of God. We meet in the Lower Level.