Home > Weekly Announcements > Announcements_07-14-13
July 14, 2013
July Memory Verse:
- "For I know the plans I have for
you," declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future..." Jeremiah 29:11
Read the Bible in a Year:
- 3 Chapters a day and 5 Chapters on
- Taught by Pastor Stan and open to all
ages. You are invited to this special four week class. Starts Sunday, July 21st
at 9:30am in the Choir Room.
- There will be a Bridal
Shower for Kelsey Jezbera Sunday, July 14th at 2pm at the North Campus. She is
registered at Target.
VBS "Colossal Coaster World:
- VBS: Colossal Coaster
World: "For God has not given us a spirit of fearfulness, but one of
power, love, and sound judgment." 2 Timothy 1:7. "Facing Fear!
Trusting God!" Sunday, July 14th - Friday, July 19th. 6:00pm - 8:30pm.
Ages 4 years old through 6th grade.
Senior Adult Walk:
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at
- There will be no Wednesday night
activities this week due to VBS. See you next week!
Men's Bible Study:
RWF Executive Committee:
- Thursday at 7pm at the North Campus.
- Ladies Prayer Time: Monday Mornings
- Sisters of Ruth: Wednesday at 11:30am
at the Peterson Senior Center
- Women's Bible Study: Friday Mornings
Ties that Bind:
Middle School Kansas City Mission Trip:
- When: August 4th - 6th.
What: VBS Program for 1st - 4th Graders. Where: Bethel Neighborhood Center.
Cost: $100. Questions: Talk to PK.
Youth Tubing Trip:
- July 20th. $40.00. More
info to come.
Grow Your Ministry:
- For representatives from
all classes, groups, and ministries of the church. Thursday, July 25th at 7pm
in the Quads.
Save the Dates:
- All Church Picnic: August
7th at 6pm at Harmon Park
- Church Neighborhood Ice
Cream Social: August 28th
First Baptist Cares:
- Please join us to
encourage others in our church family and enjoy some fun fellowship. We meet in
the Library, Wednesday nights at 7:00pm.
- First Baptist Cares is
seeking Military addresses of your loved ones. They can be state side or
overseas. We also want e-mail addresses if you have them. We would like to
encourage those who bravely serve our country. Thanks!!!
- Friday Promise Keepers, 11:30am, Saints Alive Room. Bring a sack
lunch. Call Bill @ 440-1030 or Bob @ 893-9217.
- First Baptist Counselor, Angie McDermott, holds a Master's degree
in Counseling and is a Licensed Independent Mental Health Practitioner. She has been with the Church since January of
1997. You can set up an appointment with Angie by calling (308) 293-2220
- If you need to add a loved one to the
prayer chain please call Krystal Arehart at 308-293-0645 or email to
Videos of the Service:
- Please note that you may now WATCH
the worship service. It will be online by Sunday afternoons. Go to
www.kearneyfirstbaptist.org then go to video library and choose the service you
Looking for Host Families:
- Are you being called to open your
home and your world? There are many students waiting for a host family so they
can live the dream and experience the USA. Have you been called to share your
religion and your culture? We are looking for host families to open their homes
and lives to foreign exchange students during the 2013-2014 school year. If you
are interested in learning more please talk with Bob Wilson.
Sunday School Hour:
- Young Adults Sunday School Class: We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- The College Sunday School Class meets
in the Library
- Friends Class: Meets in the Friends
room and studies a variety of topics.
- Saints Alive Class: Meets in the
- Servants and Friends: We meet in the
Gym and study a variety of topics.
- Truth Seekers: We meet in the North
East Quad Room.
- Faith Builders Fellowship Group: We
meet in the SE Quad room. "A Summer of Miracles: A Study of both Old
Testament and New Testament Miracles." Come grow your faith and your
knowledge of His Word by studying 'the miracles that He has wrought'.
- Pathfinders 2: Ministry for middle
agers (stage of life). Biblical principles applied weekly to today's family
issues and current worldly events. All are welcome.
- Invisible: A study of unseen forces that affect us daily. Pastor
Jack Graham - "There's more to life than what you see." Come and
learn with us in Hope Class.
- Unshackled: We meet in the SW Quad.
- Agape Sunday School Class: "Acts" led by John Arnold.
- Partners With Christ Class: We are studying the Nooma Video Series
this summer. Video and Discussion.
- Young Adults Class: Join us for an hour of fellowship and study.
We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
Bible Expo Class: Beginning
March 10th, we will be studying the Attributes of God. We meet in the Lower