Home > Home > Weekly Announcements > Announcements_06-09-13
June 9, 2013
June Memory Verse:
- "Here I am! I stand at the door
and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat
with him, and he with me." Revelation 3:20
Read the Bible in a Year:
- 3 Chapters a day and 5 Chapters on
- An Outdoor Baptism is
being planned for June. Would you like to be a part of it? Call 234-2311 or
talk to Pastor Stan.
- Today- Ariannah and her dog Reddy, Bouncy
Houses, Ice Cream, Pizza, Fun!!!
Second Sunday Live Gospel Music:
You Are Needed:
- Looking for 3 more volunteers to help
with Sunday School this summer. Please call Mike Roggie at 293-0830 for
Senior Adult Walk:
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at
Lunch with the 3 Stooges:
- Monday from Noon - 1 at the
Lighthouse Center. "How do you discover the will of God?"
S.O.S. Suicide Support Group:
- 7pm: Children's Activity, Youth, Choir,
Women's Study "The Purple Book", Adult Study "Characters of the
Bible", Nursery; Join Us!!!
- Ladies Prayer Time: Monday Mornings
- ABWM Salad Luncheon Meeting:
Wednesday at Noon.
- Women's Bible Study: Friday Mornings
Men's Bible Study:
Senior Men's Coffee:
- Thursday at 3:00pm at
Northridge Retirement Center.
RWF Executive Committee:
VBS "Colossal Coaster World:
- VBS: Colossal Coaster
World: "For God has not given us a spirit of fearfulness, but one of
power, love, and sound judgment." 2 Timothy 1:7. "Facing Fear!
Trusting God!" Sunday, July 14th - Friday, July 19th. 6:00pm - 8:30pm.
Ages 4 years old through 6th grade.
- VBS Training: Saturday at
10am and 2pm.
- Needed: Men to help with
VBS set-up. Call Angie McDermott at 293-2220 or the church office at 234-2311.
Young Adults Activity:
- Saturday, June 15th from
7:30-9pm at Centennial Pool. Free admission. Snacks available for purchase.
Middle School Kansas City Mission Trip:
- When: August 4th - 6th.
What: VBS Program for 1st - 4th Graders. Where: Bethel Neighborhood Center.
Cost: $100. Questions: Talk to PK.
First Baptist Cares:
- Please join us to
encourage others in our church family and enjoy some fun fellowship. We meet in
the Library, Wednesday nights at 7:00pm.
- First Baptist Cares is
seeking Military addresses of your loved ones. They can be state side or
overseas. We also want e-mail addresses if you have them. We would like to
encourage those who bravely serve our country. Thanks!!!
- Friday Promise Keepers, 11:30am, Saints Alive Room. Bring a sack
lunch. Call Bill @ 440-1030 or Bob @ 893-9217.
- First Baptist Counselor, Angie McDermott, holds a Master's degree
in Counseling and is a Licensed Independent Mental Health Practitioner. She has been with the Church since January of
1997. You can set up an appointment with Angie by calling (308) 293-2220
- If you need to add a loved one to the
prayer chain please call Krystal Arehart at 308-293-0645 or email to
Videos of the Service:
- Please note that you may now WATCH
the worship service. It will be online by Sunday afternoons. Go to
www.kearneyfirstbaptist.org then go to video library and choose the service you
The Law of Love:
- Ladies, save Friday mornings for an
exciting Beth Moore Study, "The Law of Love" an intensive study of
Deuteronomy. Fridays from 9am - 11am, June 7th - July 12th in the Quads.
Contact Pam Murdoch for more info.
Sunday School Hour:
- Young Adults Sunday School Class: We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- The College Sunday School Class meets
in the Library
- Friends Class: Meets in the Friends
room and studies a variety of topics.
- Saints Alive Class: Meets in the
- Servants and Friends: We meet in the
Gym and study a variety of topics.
- Truth Seekers: We meet in the North
East Quad Room.
- Faith Builders Fellowship Group: We
meet in the SE Quad room. "A Summer of Miracles: A Study of both Old Testament
and New Testament Miracles." Come grow your faith and your knowledge of
His Word by studying 'the miracles that He has wrought'.
- Pathfinders 2: Ministry for middle
agers (stage of life). Biblical principles applied weekly to today's family
issues and current worldly events. All are welcome.
- Eternity Now from Pastor Jack Graham. Part of the study about
Heaven which includes New York Times best selling author's 'Near Death
Experiences'. Come and learn with us in Hope Class.
- Unshackled: We meet in the SW Quad.
- Agape Sunday School Class: "Acts" led by John Arnold.
- Partners With Christ Class: We are studying the Nooma Video Series
this summer. Video and Discussion.
- Young Adults Class: Join us for an hour of fellowship and study.
We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
Bible Expo Class: Beginning
March 10th, we will be studying the Attributes of God. We meet in the Lower