Home > Weekly Announcements > Announcements_05-05-13
May 5, 2013
May Memory Verse:
- "Wait for the Lord; be strong
and take heart and wait for the Lord." Psalm 27:14
Read the Bible in a Year:
- 3 Chapters a day and 5 Chapters on
"Get a Handle of Your Bible"
- If you have wanted to be inspired by
the Bible, a new series on Sunday Morning and Wednesday night will help you
"Get a Handle on Your Bible."
- An Outdoor Baptism is
being planned for June. Would you like to be a part of it? Call 234-2311 or
talk to Pastor Stan.
Youth Praise Band:
Senior Adult Walk:
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at
Virtuous Women's Ministry:
- "He Speaks to Me: Preparing to
Hear from God" Join us in this compelling study by author and speaker
Pricilla Shirer. February 19th - May 21st. Tuesdays from 5:30 - 7:00pm. Meeting
in the Quads.
- 7pm: Children's Group, Youth, Choir,
Women's Study "The Purple Book", Adult Study "The Greatest Book;
Digging Deeper", Nursery; Join Us!!!
- Children's Wednesday night activities
will continue through the summer. May 8th will be game night. We plan to be
outside for an evening of fun!!!
- Ladies Prayer Time: Monday Mornings
- ABWM Meeting: Wednesday at 1pm
- Women's Bible Study: Friday Mornings
Men's Bible Study:
Youth Lunch Bunch:
RWF Executive Committee:
Young Adult Social Gathering:
- Friday, May 10th from 6:30-8:30pm in
the FBC Gym. Popcorn Buffet. Bring indoor/outdoor games to share.
- It's time to register for
the next preschool year! Sessions are; 4&5 yr. olds MWF 3&4 yr. olds
TTH. You may register at any time but get your form in soon for the session of
your choice as they fill up fast. Please include $40 registration fee with the
form. Call Mrs. Petersen at 234-2311 with questions.
Attention all 6th Graders:
- Every Wednesday in May,
learn about Youth Group. Join the Youth Group. Look downstairs at FBC.
VBS "Colossal Coaster World:
- VBS: Colossal Coaster
World: "For God has not given us a spirit of fearfulness, but one of
power, love, and sound judgment." 2 Timothy 1:7. "Facing Fear!
Trusting God!" Sunday, July 14th - Friday, July 19th. 6:00pm - 8:30pm.
Ages 4 years old through 6th grade.
Middle School Kansas City Mission Trip:
- When: August 4th - 6th.
What: VBS Program for 1st - 4th Graders. Where: Bethel Neighborhood Center.
Cost: $100. Questions: Talk to PK.
First Baptist Cares:
- Please join us to
encourage others in our church family and enjoy some fun fellowship. We meet in
the Library, Wednesday nights at 7:00pm.
- First Baptist Cares is
seeking Military addresses of your loved ones. They can be state side or
overseas. We also want e-mail addresses if you have them. We would like to
encourage those who bravely serve our country. Thanks!!!
- Friday Promise Keepers, 11:30am, Saints Alive Room. Bring a sack
lunch. Call Bill @ 440-1030 or Bob @ 893-9217.
- First Baptist Counselor, Angie McDermott, holds a Master's degree
in Counseling and is a Licensed Independent Mental Health Practitioner. She has been with the Church since January of
1997. You can set up an appointment with Angie by calling (308) 293-2220
- If you need to add a loved one to the
prayer chain please call Krystal Arehart at 308-293-0645 or email to
Middle School Girls Bible Study:
- The Red Stuff (about Jesus'
Ministry). Starting March 4th at 5pm on Monday nights at Amigos North. Contact
Tammy Green at 308-440-6291 or Jana Sickler @ 308-440-8078.
Videos of the Service:
- Please note that you may now WATCH
the worship service. It will be online by Sunday afternoons. Go to
www.kearneyfirstbaptist.org then go to video library and choose the service you
- DVD's of various services are
available for $5 each. The Choir's Easter Show, April's Live Gospel Music,
"The Greatest Book" both Sunday and Wednesday sessions. Contact the
church office if you would like a copy.
Habitat for Humanity:
- Come join Christian Friends in
building homes together for others in our community. Everyone is welcome on
Saturdays to help build; 2-8 hours. FBC provides the meals on the 5th Saturday
of the month. Contact Pat Skiles 237-7771 for further information.
The Law of Love:
- Ladies, save Friday mornings for an
exciting Beth Moore Study, "The Law of Love" an intensive study of
Deuteronomy. Fridays from 9am - 11am, June 7th - July 12th in the Quads.
Contact Pam Murdoch for more info.
Sunday School Hour:
- Young Adults Sunday School Class: We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- The College Sunday School Class meets
in the Library
- Friends Class: Meets in the Friends
room and studies a variety of topics.
- Saints Alive Class: Meets in the
- Servants and Friends: We meet in the
Gym and study a variety of topics.
- Truth Seekers: We meet in the North
East Quad Room.
- Faith Builders Fellowship Group: We
meet in the SE Quad room.
- Pathfinders 2: Ministry for middle
agers (stage of life). Biblical principles applied weekly to today's family
issues and current worldly events. All are welcome.
- Heaven... what will our eternal home be like? Hope Class is now
studying after-death experiences of Heaven from best-selling authors; and Bible
based insight of what Heaven may be like, from internationally known Pastors.
Come and learn with us in Hope Class
- Unshackled: We meet in the SW Quad.
- Agape Sunday School Class: "Acts" led by John Arnold.
- Partners With Christ Class: "Impact of Women: How Women of
the Bible Have Influenced Our Faith"
- Young Adults Class: Join us for an hour of fellowship and study.
We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- Bible Expo Class: Beginning March 10th, we will be studying the
Attributes of God. We meet in the Lower Level.