Home > Weekly Announcements > Announcements_04-28-13
April 28, 2013
April Memory Verse:
- "Wait for the Lord; be strong
and take heart and wait for the Lord." Psalm 27:14
Read the Bible in a Year:
- 3 Chapters a day and 5 Chapters on
"Get a Handle of Your Bible"
- If you have wanted to be inspired by
the Bible, a new series on Sunday Morning and Wednesday night will help you
"Get a Handle on Your Bible."
Graduation Recognition Sunday:
- Today at both services.
Reception at 9:30am for High School Grads.
Family Fun Fest:
- Today from 3-5pm at
Harmon Park. For kids and their families. Inflatables, Popcorn, all kinds of
Senior Adult Walk:
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at
Virtuous Women's Ministry:
- "He Speaks to Me: Preparing to
Hear from God" Join us in this compelling study by author and speaker
Pricilla Shirer. February 19th - May 21st. Tuesdays from 5:30 - 7:00pm. Meeting
in the Quads.
- Church Night Meal
- 7pm: AWANA Awards, Youth, Choir,
Women's Study "The Purple Book", Adult Study "The Greatest Book",
Nursery; Join Us!!!
- Ladies Prayer Time: Monday Mornings
- Women's Bible Study: Friday Mornings
Men's Bible Study:
Youth Lunch Bunch:
Thursday Meeting Night:
- Advisory Council: 6:30pm
- CE and Diaconate Meetings:
Thursday at 7pm.
Christian Businessmen's Lunch:
- Friday at noon at the
Youth Praise Band:
- It's time to register for
the next preschool year! Sessions are; 4&5 yr. olds MWF 3&4 yr. olds
TTH. You may register at any time but get your form in soon for the session of
your choice as they fill up fast. Please include $40 registration fee with the
form. Call Mrs. Petersen at 234-2311 with questions.
- We are looking for
donations to purchase flowers for the berm. Any amount is appreciated. Contact
Peg Baer at 440-7188.
Save the Date:
- VBS: Colossal Coaster
World: Sunday, July 14th - Friday, July 19th from 6-8"30pm. Watch your May
newsletter and bulletin for Volunteering opportunities.
First Baptist Cares:
- Please join us to
encourage others in our church family and enjoy some fun fellowship. We meet in
the Library, Wednesday nights at 7:00pm.
- First Baptist Cares is
seeking Military addresses of your loved ones. They can be state side or
overseas. We also want e-mail addresses if you have them. We would like to
encourage those who bravely serve our country. Thanks!!!
- Friday Promise Keepers, 11:30am, Saints Alive Room. Bring a sack
lunch. Call Bill @ 440-1030 or Bob @ 893-9217.
- Tuesday Promise Keepers meets the first and third Tuesdays at Rob
Gwin's Home. Contact Rob for more info.
- First Baptist Counselor, Angie McDermott, holds a Master's degree
in Counseling and is a Licensed Independent Mental Health Practitioner. She has been with the Church since January of
1997. You can set up an appointment with Angie by calling (308) 293-2220
- If you need to add a loved one to the
prayer chain please call Krystal Arehart at 308-293-0645 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org./
Middle School Girls Bible Study:
- The Red Stuff (about Jesus'
Ministry). Starting March 4th at 5pm on Monday nights at Amigos North. Contact
Tammy Green at 308-440-6291 or Jana Sickler @ 308-440-8078.
Videos of the Service:
- Please note that you may now WATCH
the worship service. It will be online by Sunday afternoons. Go to
www.kearneyfirstbaptist.org then go to video library and choose the service you
- DVD's of various services are
available for $5 each. The Choir's Easter Show, April's Live Gospel Music,
"The Greatest Book" both Sunday and Wednesday sessions. Contact the
church office if you would like a copy.
2013 Week of Prayer:
- The week of April 28th is National
Prayer Week. Please join Christians of Kearney in Reading Through the Bible at
the Solid Rock. Stop by the Solid Rock to sign up.
Habitat for Humanity:
- Come join Christian Friends in
building homes together for others in our community. Everyone is welcome on
Saturdays to help build; 2-8 hours. FBC provides the meals on the 5th Saturday
of the month. Contact Pat Skiles 237-7771 for further information.
The Law of Love:
- Ladies, save Friday mornings for an
exciting Beth Moore Study, "The Law of Love" an intensive study of
Deuteronomy. Fridays from 9am - 11am, June 7th - July 12th in the Quads.
Contact Pam Murdoch for more info.
Young Adult Social Gathering:
- Friday, May 10th from 6:30-8:30pm in
the FBC Gym. Popcorn Buffet. Bring indoor/outdoor games to share.
Sunday School Hour:
- Young Adults Sunday School Class: We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- The College Sunday School Class meets
in the Library
- Friends Class: Meets in the Friends
room and studies a variety of topics.
- Saints Alive Class: Meets in the
- Servants and Friends: We meet in the
Gym and study a variety of topics.
- Truth Seekers: We meet in the North
East Quad Room.
- Faith Builders Fellowship Group: We
meet in the SE Quad room.
- Pathfinders 2: Ministry for middle
agers (stage of life). Biblical principles applied weekly to today's family
issues and current worldly events. All are welcome.
- Heaven... what will our eternal home be like? Hope Class is now
studying after-death experiences of Heaven from best-selling authors; and Bible
based insight of what Heaven may be like, from internationally known Pastors.
Come and learn with us in Hope Class
- Unshackled: We meet in the SW Quad.
- Agape Sunday School Class: "Acts" led by John Arnold.
- Partners With Christ Class: "Impact of Women: How Women of
the Bible Have Influenced Our Faith"
- Young Adults Class: Join us for an hour of fellowship and study.
We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- Bible Expo Class: Beginning March 10th, we will be studying the
Attributes of God. We meet in the Lower Level.