Home > Weekly Announcements > Announcements_04-21-13
April 21, 2013
April Memory Verse:
- "Wait for the Lord; be strong
and take heart and wait for the Lord." Psalm 27:14
Read the Bible in a Year:
- 3 Chapters a day and 5 Chapters on
"Get a Handle of Your Bible"
- If you have wanted to be inspired by
the Bible, a new series on Sunday Morning and Wednesday night will help you
"Get a Handle on Your Bible."
4th - 6th Grades:
- Are you interested in music? Pizza, Pop & Praise!!! 1st
practice/meeting is April 21st from 12:30-2pm in the Quad Rooms. Future
rehearsals will be from 10:30-11am on Sunday mornings. Call Donna 234-5819 or
- Today at 5pm. Bring cookies to share.
Senior Adult Walk:
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at
Virtuous Women's Ministry:
- "He Speaks to Me: Preparing to
Hear from God" Join us in this compelling study by author and speaker
Pricilla Shirer. February 19th - May 21st. Tuesdays from 5:30 - 7:00pm. Meeting
in the Quads.
- 7pm: AWANA, Youth, Choir, Women's
Study "The Purple Book", Adult Study "The Greatest Book",
Nursery; Join Us!!!
Youth Mission Team:
- Meeting, Wednesday night at 8:30pm
- Ladies Prayer Time: Monday Mornings
- ABWM Spring Retreat: Tuesday at 9am
- Ruth Circle: Wednesday at 9:30am
- Dorcas/Tabitha Circle: Wednesday at
- Women's Bible Study: Friday Mornings
Men's Bible Study:
Youth Lunch Bunch:
Sr. Adult Potluck:
- Thursday at 11:30am.
Speaker will be Missionary Becky Mann
Blue Ribbon Committee:
April 25th at the Heartland Event
Center. Tickets available at www.ticketmaster.com
Roger Williams Fellowship:
- Monday Night Meal and
Devotion: Mondays at 5:30pm..
- It's time to register for
the next preschool year! Sessions are; 4&5 yr. olds MWF 3&4 yr. olds
TTH. You may register at any time but get your form in soon for the session of
your choice as they fill up fast. Please include $40 registration fee with the
form. Call Mrs. Petersen at 234-2311 with questions.
- We are looking for
donations to purchase flowers for the berm. Any amount is appreciated. Contact
Peg Baer at 440-7188.
Graduation Recognition Sunday:
- April 28th at both
services. Reception at 9:30am for High School Grads.
Western Nebraska Congregational Leadership
- At First Baptist Church
North Platte on Saturday, April 27th from 10am - 2pm. Lunch will be on your
own. Open to Boards, Teachers, Everyone!!! Let us know if you plan to go so
carpools can be arranged.
Family Fun Fest:
- Next Sunday from 3-5pm at
Harmon Park. For kids and their families. Inflatables, Popcorn, all kinds of
Save the Date:
- VBS: Colossal Coaster
World: Sunday, July 14th - Friday, July 19th from 6-8"30pm. Watch your May
newsletter and bulletin for Volunteering opportunities.
First Baptist Cares:
- Please join us to
encourage others in our church family and enjoy some fun fellowship. We meet in
the Library, Wednesday nights at 7:00pm.
- First Baptist Cares is
seeking Military addresses of your loved ones. They can be state side or
overseas. We also want e-mail addresses if you have them. We would like to
encourage those who bravely serve our country. Thanks!!!
- Friday Promise Keepers, 11:30am, Saints Alive Room. Bring a sack
lunch. Call Bill @ 440-1030 or Bob @ 893-9217.
- Tuesday Promise Keepers meets the first and third Tuesdays at Rob
Gwin's Home. Contact Rob for more info.
- First Baptist Counselor, Angie McDermott, holds a Master's degree
in Counseling and is a Licensed Independent Mental Health Practitioner. She has been with the Church since January of
1997. You can set up an appointment with Angie by calling (308) 293-2220
- If you need to add a loved one to the
prayer chain please call Krystal Arehart at 308-293-0645 or email to
Middle School Girls Bible Study:
- The Red Stuff (about Jesus'
Ministry). Starting March 4th at 5pm on Monday nights at Amigos North. Contact
Tammy Green at 308-440-6291 or Jana Sickler @ 308-440-8078.
Videos of the Service:
- Please note that you may now WATCH
the worship service. It will be online by Sunday afternoons. Go to
www.kearneyfirstbaptist.org then go to video library and choose the service you
- DVD's of various services are
available for $5 each. The Choir's Easter Show, April's Live Gospel Music,
"The Greatest Book" both Sunday and Wednesday sessions. Contact the
church office if you would like a copy.
2013 Week of Prayer:
- The week of April 28th is National
Prayer Week. Please join Christians of Kearney in Reading Through the Bible at
the Solid Rock. Stop by the Solid Rock to sign up.
Habitat for Humanity:
- Come join Christian Friends in
building homes together for others in our community. Everyone is welcome on
Saturdays to help build; 2-8 hours. FBC provides the meals on the 5th Saturday
of the month. Contact Pat Skiles 237-7771 for further information.
Sunday School Hour:
- Young Adults Sunday School Class: We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- The College Sunday School Class meets
in the Library
- Friends Class: Meets in the Friends
room and studies a variety of topics.
- Saints Alive Class: Meets in the
- Servants and Friends: We meet in the
Gym and study a variety of topics.
- Truth Seekers: We meet in the North
East Quad Room.
- Faith Builders Fellowship Group: We
meet in the SE Quad room.
- Pathfinders 2: Ministry for middle
agers (stage of life). Biblical principles applied weekly to today's family
issues and current worldly events. All are welcome.
- Charles Swindoll presents "Family Matters: Investing in the
Things that Last" a DVD series for Married, Single Parent, Grandparent
Families. In Hope Class starting March 10th. You are invited to learn with us.
- Unshackled: We meet in the SW Quad.
- Agape Sunday School Class: "Acts" led by John Arnold.
- Partners With Christ Class: "Impact of Women: How Women of
the Bible Have Influenced Our Faith"
- Young Adults Class: Join us for an hour of fellowship and study.
We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- Bible Expo Class: Beginning March 10th, we will be studying the
Attributes of God. We meet in the Lower Level.