Home > Home > Weekly Announcements > Announcements_04-14-13
April 14, 2013
April Memory Verse:
- "Wait for the Lord; be strong
and take heart and wait for the Lord." Psalm 27:14
Read the Bible in a Year:
- 3 Chapters a day and 5 Chapters on
"Get a Handle of Your Bible"
- If you have wanted to be inspired by
the Bible, a new series on Sunday Morning and Wednesday night will help you
"Get a Handle on Your Bible."
- Next Sunday at 5pm. Bring cookies to
Senior Adult Walk:
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at
S.O.S. Suicide Support Group:
Virtuous Women's Ministry:
- "He Speaks to Me: Preparing to
Hear from God" Join us in this compelling study by author and speaker
Pricilla Shirer. February 19th - May 21st. Tuesdays from 5:30 - 7:00pm. Meeting
in the Quads.
- 7pm: AWANA, Youth Group, Choir,
Women's Study "The Purple Book", Adult Study "The Greatest Book",
Nursery; Join Us!!!
- Ladies Prayer Time: Monday Mornings
- Sisters of Ruth: Wednesday at 11am
- Hannah Circle: Thursday at 7pm
- Sarah Circle: Thursday at 7pm
- Women's Bible Study: Friday Mornings
Men's Bible Study:
Youth Lunch Bunch:
Senior Men and Wives:
- Lunch and fishing at
Galyn & Terri Lind's home along the Platte. Thursday, April 18th. 11:00am
meet at the church. If you don't want to fish, come and enjoy the time!
Ties That Bind:
DVD's of Choir:
- DVD's of the Choir's
performance of "Christ the Redeemer" will be available for $5. Sign
the registration sheet if you would like a copy. Thanks!
Roger Williams Fellowship:
- Monday Night Meal and
Devotion: Mondays at 5:30pm.
- RWF appreciates your
financial support and is in need of your financial support. Thank you!
- 50th Anniversary
Celebration: Saturday, April 20th, 2013 from 5-7pm. RSVP to Pastor Zach by
- It's time to register for
the next preschool year! Sessions are; 4&5 yr. olds MWF 9:00-11:30am and
12:30-3:00pm, 3&4 yr. olds TTH 9:00-11:00am and 12:00-2:00pm. You may
register at any time but get your form in soon for the session of your choice
as they fill up fast. Please include $40 registration fee with the form. Call
Mrs. Petersen at 234-2311 with questions.
Roger Williams Fellowship 50th Anniversary
- Saturday, April 20th from
5pm-7pm at First Baptist Church. RSVP to Pastor Zach by April 15th.
- We are looking for
donations to purchase flowers for the berm. Any amount is appreciated. Contact
Peg Baer at 440-7188.
Graduation Recognition Sunday:
- April 28th at both
services. Reception at 9:30am for High School Grads.
Western Nebraska Congregational Leadership
- ABC NE will be offering
two training sessions on Congregational Leadership. See Poster and sign up sheet
on the bulletin board in the hallway for more info.
Save the Date:
- VBS: Colossal Coaster
World: Sunday, July 14th - Friday, July 19th from 6-8"30pm. Watch your May
newsletter and bulletin for Volunteering opportunities.
First Baptist Cares:
- Please join us to
encourage others in our church family and enjoy some fun fellowship. We meet in
the Library, Wednesday nights at 7:00pm.
- First Baptist Cares is
seeking Military addresses of your loved ones. They can be state side or
overseas. We also want e-mail addresses if you have them. We would like to
encourage those who bravely serve our country. Thanks!!!
- Friday Promise Keepers, 11:30am, Saints Alive Room. Bring a sack
lunch. Call Bill @ 440-1030 or Bob @ 893-9217.
- Tuesday Promise Keepers meets the first and third Tuesdays at Rob
Gwin's Home. Contact Rob for more info.
4th - 6th Grades:
- Are you interested in music? Pizza, Pop & Praise!!! 1st
practice/meeting is April 21st from 12:30-2pm in the Quad Rooms. Future
rehearsals will be from 10:30-11am on Sunday mornings. Call Donna 234-5819 or
- First Baptist Counselor, Angie McDermott, holds a Master's degree
in Counseling and is a Licensed Independent Mental Health Practitioner. She has been with the Church since January of
1997. You can set up an appointment with Angie by calling (308) 293-2220
- If you need to add a loved one to the
prayer chain please call Krystal Arehart at 308-293-0645 or email to
- April 25th at the Heartland Event
Center. Tickets available at www.ticketmaster.com
Middle School Girls Bible Study:
- The Red Stuff (about Jesus'
Ministry). Starting March 4th at 5pm on Monday nights at Amigos North. Contact
Tammy Green at 308-440-6291 or Jana Sickler @ 308-440-8078.
Sunday School Hour:
- Young Adults Sunday School Class: We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- The College Sunday School Class meets
in the Library
- Friends Class: Meets in the Friends
room and studies a variety of topics.
- Saints Alive Class: Meets in the
- Servants and Friends: We meet in the
Gym and study a variety of topics.
- Truth Seekers: We meet in the North
East Quad Room.
- Faith Builders Fellowship Group: We
meet in the SE Quad room.
- Pathfinders 2: Ministry for middle
agers (stage of life). Biblical principles applied weekly to today's family
issues and current worldly events. All are welcome.
- Charles Swindoll presents "Family Matters: Investing in the
Things that Last" a DVD series for Married, Single Parent, Grandparent
Families. In Hope Class starting March 10th. You are invited to learn with us.
- Unshackled: We meet in the SW Quad.
- Agape Sunday School Class: "Slaying the Giants in Your
Life" Led by Leroy Giffin.
- Partners With Christ Class: "Impact of Women: How Women of
the Bible Have Influenced Our Faith"
- Young Adults Class: Join us for an hour of fellowship and study.
We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
Bible Expo Class: Beginning
March 10th, we will be studying the Attributes of God. We meet in the Lower