Home > Home > Weekly Announcements > Announcements_03-24-13
March 24, 2013
March Memory Verse:
- "And so we know and rely on the
love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God
in him." 1 John 4:16
Read the Bible in a Year:
- 3 Chapters a day and 5 Chapters on
- Started March 3rd at 9:30am. Pastor
Stan teaches this class for all ages.
Senior Adult Walk:
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at
Virtuous Women's Ministry:
- "He Speaks to Me: Preparing to
Hear from God" Join us in this compelling study by author and speaker
Pricilla Shirer. February 19th - May 21st. Tuesdays from 5:30 - 7:00pm. Meeting
in the Quads.
- 7pm: AWANA, Youth Group, Choir,
Women's Study "The Purple Book", Adult Study "The Way to the Cross",
Nursery; Join Us!!!
- Ladies Prayer Time: Monday Mornings
- Ruth Circle: Wednesday at 9:30am
- Dorcas/Tabitha Circle: Wednesday at
- Women's Bible Study: Friday Mornings
Men's Bible Study:
Youth Lunch Bunch:
Senior Adult Potluck:
- Thursday at 11:30am.
"Miracles of First Baptist"
Roger Williams Fellowship:
- Monday Night Meal and
Devotion: Mondays at 5:30pm.
- RWF appreciates your
financial support and is in need of your financial support. Thank you!
- 50th Anniversary
Celebration: Saturday, April 20th, 2013 from 5-7pm. RSVP to Pastor Zach by
- It's time to register for
the next preschool year! Sessions are; 4&5 yr. olds MWF 9:00-11:30am and
12:30-3:00pm, 3&4 yr. olds TTH 9:00-11:00am and 12:00-2:00pm. You may
register at any time but get your form in soon for the session of your choice
as they fill up fast. Please include $40 registration fee with the form. Call
Mrs. Petersen at 234-2311 with questions.
Lost & Found:
- Many items have been left
here at the church. Please check the tables in the hallway by the stairs to
claim your lost treasures!
Save the Date:
- VBS: Colossal Coaster
World: Sunday, July 14th - Friday, July 19th from 6-8:30pm. Watch your May
newsletter and bulletin for Volunteering opportunities.
First Baptist Cares:
- Please join us to
encourage others in our church family and enjoy some fun fellowship. We meet in
the Library, Wednesday nights at 7:00pm.
- First Baptist Cares is
seeking Military addresses of your loved ones. They can be state side or
overseas. We also want e-mail addresses if you have them. We would like to
encourage those who bravely serve our country. Thanks!!!
- Friday Promise Keepers, 11:30am, Saints Alive Room. Bring a sack
lunch. Call Bill @ 440-1030 or Bob @ 893-9217.
- Tuesday Promise Keepers meets the first and third Tuesdays at Rob
Gwin's Home. Contact Rob for more info.
4th - 6th Grades:
- Are you interested in music? Watch for something exciting coming soon!
- Palm Sunday, March 24th at 8am and 11am. Come Celebrate the King!
- REHEARSAL: Live Portrayal, Monday, March 25th at 7pm
- Live Portrayal of the Last Supper: Thursday, March 28th at 7:30pm
- United Good Friday Service: At New Life Assembly, Friday, March 29th at
- Sunrise Service Sunday, March 31st at 6:30am
- Easter Worship Services: 8am and 11am.
- Easter Worship in Song: The Choir will present an Easter Worship Service
on Sunday, April 7th at both services.
- If you would like to donate Easter Lilies to beautify the sanctuary in
memory or celebration, please purchase one at your favourite florist and let
Angie know what you would like in the bulletin. Thanks!
- VBS at Crossroads: "God so Loved the World" Friday, March 29th
and Monday, April 1st from 2-5pm. Meet at 1:30 both days to set up. Need a
ride? Call Kathy at 440-2150.
Thailand Trip 2014:
- We are planning a double water project trip for February 2014. Anyone
interested in going should contact Angie Gillming ASAP at 234-2311 so that we
can get a firm number.
- First Baptist Counselor, Angie McDermott, holds a Master's degree
in Counseling and is a Licensed Independent Mental Health Practitioner. She has been with the Church since January of
1997. You can set up an appointment with Angie by calling (308) 293-2220
- If you need to add a loved one to the
prayer chain please call Kathy Adams at 440-2150 or e-mail to
- Live in Kearney at New Life Assembly.
April 5th at 7pm. $10 at the door.
- Heartland Event Center. Tickets
available at www.ticketmaster.com
Middle School Girls Bible Study:
- The Red Stuff (about Jesus'
Ministry). Starting March 4th at 5pm on Monday nights at Amigos North. Contact
Tammy Green at 308-440-6291 or Jana Sickler @ 308-440-8078.
Sunday School Hour:
- Young Adults Sunday School Class: We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- The College Sunday School Class meets
in the Library
- Friends Class: Meets in the Friends
room and studies a variety of topics.
- Saints Alive Class: Meets in the
- Servants and Friends: We meet in the
Gym and study a variety of topics.
- Truth Seekers: We meet in the North
East Quad Room.
- Faith Builders Fellowship Group: We
meet in the SE Quad room.
- Pathfinders 2: Ministry for middle
agers (stage of life). Biblical principles applied weekly to today's family
issues and current worldly events. All are welcome.
- Charles Swindoll presents "Family Matters: Investing in the
Things that Last" a DVD series for Married, Single Parent, Grandparent
Families. In Hope Class starting March 10th. You are invited to learn with us.
- Unshackled: We meet in the SW Quad.
- Agape Sunday School Class: "Slaying the Giants in Your
Life" Led by Leroy Giffin.
- Partners With Christ Class: "Impact of Women: How Women of
the Bible Have Influenced Our Faith"
- Young Adults Class: Join us for an hour of fellowship and study.
We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- Bible Expo Class: Beginning March 10th, we will be studying the
Attributes of God. We meet in the Lower Level.